[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you remain absolutely child free?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 320x180
I'm 23 and fucking terrified. So many people I know are having children, all of them are accidental pregnancies. I was an accidental pregnancy and I know that so were pretty much all of my cousins.

It seems to me that basically if a couple is together long enough and having sex enough, eventually a child will result.

I DO NOT WANT THIS.

But I also really love my girlfriend, she's the best. But I am so terrified of her falling pregnant I think I might have to break up with her... the risk doesn't seem worth it. She has an Implenon bar and we use condoms as well to make doubly sure but she has to take it out soon and it has really wrought a lot of hormonal havoc for her and I do not blame her for wanting it to stay out.

I see some couples who are like 35 and childfree and I wonder that they must have had a vasectomy or something.

How reversable is a vasectomy?
>>
>>16686675
Isn't there a way you can store a sample of your sperm in case you want to have kids later? I'd be expensive but you might save money in the long run
>>
>>16686686
*it'd
>>
Your fear is utterly irrational.

That aside, a vasectomy is a potentially permanent solution. Wikipedia tells me that there are reversal surgeries but they are expensive and can be unsuccessful (read: they'll sterilize you forever).

If you're careful and research more methods to preventing fertilization, you can minimize risk of pregnancy as far as you possibly can. But you're freaking out, man. If her being pregnant means that you'll break up with her, it sounds like you don't really love her.
>>
File: tumblr_nyrv677ZCz1r9y4r9o1_1280.jpg (168 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyrv677ZCz1r9y4r9o1_1280.jpg
168 KB, 1280x720
They aren't, but you can freeze sperm samples to use for in vitro fertilization later. Do it. Do it, nigga.
>>
Dude... If you get a girl pregnant, you can always hop on a plane to the Phillipines
>>
just wait a year or two. good male birth control WILL be here by 2018.

Right now, Vasalgel is gaining alot of attention. The gel is cheaper then the needle itself, so it needs crowd-funding.
>>
>>16686695

How complicated is the sperm freezing thing with getting pregnant later?
>>
>>16686743
I'm not going to bullshit you, it might cost a bit

You have to get the sperm cells unfrozen and put into one of your girl's harvested eggs, which they then put back into her

But by then I presume you'll have a stable income and be married, so it won't be too big a problem

Just make sure to save a lot of samples in case of error
>>
>>16686675
Medfag here who had a vasectomy. Getting it done is a fucking walk in the park. All outpatient . Local anesthesia. Reversing requires minor surgery. But it can be done and they usually only do one side. Don't need both barrels to fire to knock someone up
>>
>>16686675
Look into other birth control methods, like an IUD. Ask a doctor (or have her ask a doctor) for ways to prevent pregnancies w/o hormones messing her up. If something happens with the condom by accident, there's Plan B, but she has to ingest that within the first three days.

Don't dump her just because of this, unless you plan to stay celibate. Being with someone for X number of years doesn't guarantee pregnancy; you could totally get a new girl pregnant the first time. You're always rolling the dice every time you have sex, no matter whom with, so unless you plan to stop having sex forever, you might as well be with this one.
>>
>>16686750
yh but that usually fails pretty hard.
I mean isn't there a bigger chance of failiure than success in this scenario?
As for you OP me, your friends and all your family were in the same shoes you are. Then we all realized kids aren't such a big deal and all that fuss is for fucking nothing.
If we'd known that when I was 22 we would never abort...
>>
Have her get a non-hormonal IUD. It cuses no hormonal havoc whatsoever since there are no hormones it releases (it's just copper), you won't be able to feel it, and it is more effective than Implanon.
>>
>>16686780
Forgot to mention, her OB/GYN should give her one regardless if she has had a child. If not, find a new doctor who will.
>>
>>16686675
you get circumcised
>>
>>16686780

For what purpose would she have been given Implanon over non-hormonal in the first place?
>>
You know, all that sperm coming (ha ha) from your nuts doesn't magically just vanish once you have a vasectomy. It just stays inside your body and goes Places Sperm Weren't Meant To Go. Read up on potential complications before getting snipped.
>>
>>16686809
Women are normally given hormonal contraceptives first.
>>
>>16686675
>accidental pregnancies

you need to be careful women will try to sperm jack you to trap you into a relationship or because they think it will progress the relationship. Make sure to always use your own condoms and after disposing the condom to replace it with a white hot sauce that you can get from taco bell. If you hear her cream in the bathroom then you know she was trying to sperm jack you from the condom you threw away. also the best way to prevent pregnancy is not to have sex and watch out for fake pregnancies as well.

video on the issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrQIs4MuRIo
>>
>>16686828
>sperm jack you from the condom
women b cray
>>
>>16686692

This. Irrational fear. Your animal mind is taking over. Birth control is ridiculously effective.

>>16686766

As effective as BC is, IUD is an order of magnitude better than that. It is a medical oddity for a doctor to encounter a pregnancy when the woman has an IUD implant. They last 5 years. They don't act on the same hormones as regular BC so it doesn't affect hormones, kill sex drive, and it reduces the amount of periods.

It literally is the best thing to ever happen to women and men alike. My wife has an IUD and we don't regret it at all.
>>
>>16686868

To elaborate even further...

I have a son, and it really is not the worst thing that can happen to you. In fact it is one of the best things I have ever done. Having a kid is fucking awesome if you just have the right attitude going into it.
>>
>>16686876

I just don't expect much from myself in life and would rather not have kids so that I can at least have enough money to enjoy myself when I want to, I'm sure kids are fine and if I had money I wouldn't care
>>
>>16686868
>It is a medical oddity for a doctor to encounter a pregnancy when the woman has an IUD implant.
It is an oddity (1 out f every 500 for the hormonal IUD, 1 out of every 125 for the copper IUD), but it still happens. The thing is that with an IUD, the pregnancies are more likely to be ectopic. They are life-threatening but can't result in a baby.

>>16686675
Vasectomies are the most effective BC method for males currently available, but they are not intended to be reversible and they also aren't as effective as you think. 1 our of every 650 experience pregnancy.

The arm implant is the most effective birth control we have (even more than sterilization), at only 1 out of every 2000 becoming pregnant, but your girlfriend definitely shouldn't use it if it's causing her problems.

http://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/unintendedpregnancy/pdf/contraceptive_methods_508.pdf
>>
>>16686675
spermicidal lube? why don't men use this more?
>>
>>16687134
Because it doesn't do much and can be irritating to the senses
>>
I may be fucking stupid but I have to ask: if I ALWAYS pull out in time - what are the chances of her getting preggers?

Isn't a small amount of sperm is always ejaculated as a form of lube during sex?

How effective is pulling out?
>>
>>16688505
>Isn't a small amount of sperm is always ejaculated as a form of lube during sex?
Yes.

Pre cum is also cum. So pulling out is not a good strategy. Personally i always use rubber (unless i am super drunk, and in that case its morning after pill for the girl) And i pull out even if i am wearing a rubber. Just incase the condom have been damaged. I am 30 + years i have had around 30 different partners and a fairly active sexlife and still no children "knock on wood"
>>
>>16688505
Depends. Is she on anything else? I use the pill and bf pulls out just to be sure, not preggers yet.
>>
>>16686675
Hahaha, i laughed so hard at the genuine concern,
> and all my cousins were too
Lmfao
>>
>>16686828
this video scares me
>>
>>16686828
>Women stealing semen from used condoms
>Not cleaning out the condom for future use
Good goyim
>>
>>16686868
>>16686759
Are you guys fucking stupid?

There's no need for vasectomies soon, good male birth control is going to be here by 2018. Unless you dickheads can't wait 2 years
>>
>>16688998
>continuously spouts shite about male BC
>by 2018
>gives a specific date
>provides no sources or citations
>>
>>16689049
>won't bother googling latest in "male birth control"

What a head-dick

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reversible_inhibition_of_sperm_under_guidance
>>
>>16686675

the best you can do is castrate yourself (which fucking sucks) or simply go gay.
>>
>>16686675

talk to your gf about what she wants. if she got pregnant would she abort? she may always change her mind later, but generally if you have a conversation about it it will ease your fears.
>>
>being a male
>current year

Sucks for you. As a female, I get to call the shots. If I want an abo-bo, I get one. But there are a lot of women who wouldn't, or actually want to get their claws in a man by a kid. I know a lot of bitches who got knocked up on purpose just to latch on to some guy and steal his money. I don't know how males handle the uncertainty. Not even trolling, 100% serious, I can name two bitches who succeeded and one who failed to get knocked up to steal that dough. They're broke bitches doing fuck all with their lives and sunk their claws into a man with a career (bluecollar though it may be, that's all trash like them could get.)

Honest advice. Make sure your girl, and be honest with yourself, is a sane, intelligent woman who doesn't want to fuck her and her family's lives up with an unplanned kid out of nowhere. They exist. Most men can't discern this, however, so you're probably fucked.

>implant

Ouch.

>condoms

Ruined sex, why. Just use BC pills.

If you don't trust her, why are you with her?

>>16688505

I used unprotected pull-out for years without an issue. However, neither that partner nor myself has ever been knocked up nor knocked someone up, so one of us might just be luckily infertile. Take my experience at your own risk.
>>
>>16689049
There are actually some pretty solid male birth control options on the horizon -- I mean there's not that complex and the technology's all there. It's just that there's little profit in them so no company has bothered to fund the clinical trials yet. I wouldn't make any claims like "by 2018! for sure!" but they could conceivably be here within two years. We could conceivably have them NOW, if not for the legality of it all.
>>
>>16689332
>I don't know how males handle the uncertainty. Not even trolling
I just don't have sex anymore.
>>
>>16689348

Well, that's to be expected as a tripfag.
>>
>>16689371
Not really.
>>
>>16689348
>I just don't have sex anymore.
We all know that wasn't really your choice though, eh Truckerfag
>>
>>16689442
cant believe he bought some bitch a car

what an absolute madman
>>
>>16689451
You only know about that one?
>>
>>16688505
See link in >>16687045

If you use withdrawal PERFECTLY every time, your chances of pregnancy within a year are 4%. That's 1 out of every 25 people.
>>
>>16689332
>Ruined sex, why. Just use BC pills.

It is the only from of BC men without kids have access to that they have control over.

>If you don't trust her, why are you with her?

Some of us like sex, but we never trust the baby clock.
>>
File: makoto.jpg (141 KB, 1280x1456) Image search: [Google]
makoto.jpg
141 KB, 1280x1456
>>16689453
Yeah, I only really pay attention to myself most of the time

At least you wised up
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.