[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Ask the Opposite Gender Anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 17
File: logo.png (486 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
486 KB, 1000x1000
Before you post a question, check here to see if it's already been answered
Keep your questions short and sweet for more answers.
And please no derailing arguments.

Avoid asking these common questions:

>Is it normal for me to go to a club/bar by myself?
Yes. Stop overthinking this.

>Do girls/guys like <insert specific look>?
Some do, some don't.

>I'm shy and afraid of people/rejection. What do I do?
Think positive, and get over it by practicing and exposing yourself to it.

>I like someone. What do I do?
Ask them out.

>How can I tell if someone likes me?
Ask them out.

>Where do I meet girls/guys?
Anywhere outside. Or online.

>Is my body part big/small enough?
>Am I short/tall enough?
Most likely

>Someone did something insignificant. What does it mean?
Nothing significant. Stop overthinking it.

>XYZ happened. Did I fuck it up with this guy/girl?
Maybe, maybe not. We're not in their head, we don't know. No amount of your walls of text will fix that.

>This person did something that hurt my feelings. Why do guys/girls do this?
Because shit people are shit people. It's not a gendered thing

>Would you date a virgin?
As long as they aren't insecure about it. Complexes are a total turn-off.

>Someone has made it abundantly clear they're no longer interested in me. Do I still have a chance?
No

>Where do I go on a first (or subsequent) date?
Pick one or more of the following: coffee, lunch, dinner, drinks, ice cream, movies, zoo, aquarium, museum, art gallery, <activity in your city>

>That one guy who keeps asking about cuddling in platonic friendships
No one wants to cuddle you. Stop asking

>Brandon or Female Brandon
Piss off.

>Who is Brandon/Female Brandon?
A shitposter who's convinced he's ugly. He keeps posting his picture to ask if he's ugly and to ask for dating advice, only to rebut or ignore any responses he gets. Female Brandon is a girl who pulls the same shit.

>Frog
Also piss off.

Old Thread:
>>16675716
>>
How do you casually touch a girl you're into?
>>
>>16678144
Casually.
>>
File: upvote.jpg (53 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
upvote.jpg
53 KB, 620x400
>>16678202
>>
File: 1436183240379.png (57 KB, 800x750) Image search: [Google]
1436183240379.png
57 KB, 800x750
>>16678144
BENIS IN VAGINE :DDD
>>
>>16678218
You're asking people to explain how to place your hand on someone. It's hardly fucking rocket science, dipshit.
>>
>>16678144
Well idk how it works for guys touching girls, but I'll usually make a little joke or playfully tease someone a little bit, and then I'll touch their shoulder while laughing and saying "I'm just messing with you"
>>
>>16678222
There is honestly no need to be this upset.

I don't know how/when it's appropriate to do. I don't regularly touch people in casual conversation.
>>
Question to girls.

Okay so let's say you met a guy, there's a good feel between you and him. He asks you on a date, you gladly accept. Date goes very well, you even invite the guy at your appartment, put on a tv show and stay on the couch beside him. You even try to get closer (you touch his hair, stuff like that). But the guy is a little introvert, he hasn't been on a date since a few months (but of course you're not aware of that), and he doesn't do shit. Date ends and he just leaves.
How do you react he a guy acts like that - or basically doesn't act much on a first date ?

Because basically the guy is me. After the date and during all summer i tried to get a new date, but she either couldn't or didn't answer. All my friends who i told this, told me that it was because she probably felt disappointed by my non-actions during the date while she showed a lot of interest.
I can get that, but i don't really at the same time ? Like you're into the guy, you show him you're attracted but he doesn't make a move, okay that's disappointing, but since he tries to see you again, and you're supposedly interested, why wouldn't you just give it another try ? Not every guy is used to make all the moves on the first date.

Anyway (and that'd be my second question), that was during last summer. But since school started we saw eachother once in a while at school, we also saw each other a couple of times at parties and got closer, and i asked her on a date again and she said yes and told me she was about to ask the same since i already asked her a few times but she couldn't because of her work during the summer. So we're supposed to see eachother on thursday. Do you think she's giving me another "chance" or i'm just being delusional about everything ? Gonna try my best to make a move anyway but i just want opinion, especially on the first questions
>>
>>16678248
I'd say she's giving you another chance. I can't speak for all girls, but I'm extremely sensitive so if I went on a date with a guy but then he didn't seem interested, I would be sad and him asking for another date later on would leave me a little confused. But now there's more time between so she might be giving it another shot
>>
>>16678246
Swearing does not indicate being upset. It's for emphasis. Learn to English.
>>
My gf and I have been dating for four years.

Her sex drive is much lower than it was before. She says that she wants to fix our bond so she can have the same great sex we used to have. She says she wants more control over sex, and wants me to give her space and "let me come to you."

Any tips for getting my gf to "come to me?" Lately I've just been hanging out with her like we're friends, playing it cool, not making any moves. Not having sex is getting to me, but of course I don't want to cheat and lose an awesome girl for one night of sex.

I've stopped grabbing her butt all the time, pulling her pants down when we're in bed, etc. Things that used to always lead to sex seem to just bother her and make her less open to having sex.

Should I just keep doing what I've been doing, just having fun with her without making any advances?
>>
File: allison.png (8 KB, 584x114) Image search: [Google]
allison.png
8 KB, 584x114
if a girl posts this up (not sure if it's toward me since i'm sure she texts a lot of people), does it read as her wanting more "explicit" stuff or just not selfies?
>>
>>16678264
that's exactly what my buddies told me, that she must feel confused. i just don't understand girls i guess... haha.
things just got actually faster that i expected, i didn't expect her to invite me at her appartment 30 minutes in the date, i just felt a little uncomfortable. trust me i felt really stupid when i had to leave, because i really noticed all the "signs" she threw me during the date, not afterward. i'm just really really bad at making a move, and still afraid of rejection
>>
>>16678302
i don't know, have you been "snapchatting with her for 3 days straight and still sending mostly selfies" ?
>>
>>16678302

Where do you know her from?

If tinder/whatever dating shit, instead of sending meaningless non-commital pictures of yourself, try actually asking her out to something real and substantial (like you know, a date).
>>
>>16678312
idk if she'd consider it 3 days 'straight' but we've been sending snaps back and forth since winter semester started last week, so it's been like 11 days at this point. like i said i don't know if it's about me, since she probably doesnt know i read her twitter (since i dont have a twitter)
>>
My girlfriend is on her period. So I try to take care of her as much as I can. And I took good care of her the whole day(giving her a massage, scratching her back, all sorts of stuff she likes)
So after a while she told me I had to leave because she has a final tomorrow. She wanted to walk me out, like most of the time. so I went to put my shoes on, as I was putting them on I asked her sister about some topic I was interested in, so we talked as I was dressing, meanwhile my gf said things like"omg you are so slow" "stop asking that its not correct" and after that I said "well you dont have to walk me out, just go to bed"
And she got mad saying how she was standing there waiting for me to dress(like 45 seconds), and she had her period and how she has a stomachache and I was rude

I apologized and tried to comfort her but she just told me to leave amd started yelling

Am I in the wrong here? I mean she was rude for a while so I said one thing and she got mad. I feel like a dick because I know it was caused by pms but I didn't think it out i just responded to her being rudd
>>
>>16678302
>sending pictures
What are you, a woman? I bet you use smiley faces too you fucking faggot.
>>
>>16678333
>not using emojis

maybe that's why youre single bruh. girls love emojis
>>
Girls: How would you feel if found out your s/o smoked weed one day a month, strictly for philosophical/spiritual connection purposes?
>>
>>16678344
No, they really don't.

They respect not typing like a fucking faggot.
>>
>>16678326

News Flash: Women are irrational when on their periods.

Don't get too bummed out, dude. Just say sorry, be nice to her, give her space, let her cool off. In a day or two she'll be an entirely different person and probably won't even remember what she was upset about.
>>
>>16678326
It'll be okay. Neither of you were right, but mostly she's just grumpy from period stuff. It's like how you're not supposed to mess with a dog too much after it gets shots because it might bite you cuz it feels shitty
>>
>>16678355
girls love faggots bruh

i bet you don't even get your hair cut at a salon BAKA no wonder youre single
>>
>>16678344
Girls love when their friends use emojis, not guys they're trying to respect.

Emojis are feminine and beta. IMO you shouldn't even send a girl question marks, makes you look clingy.
>>
>>16678346
>2016
>people STILL making a big deal about weed
this shit is ridiculous
>>
>>16678344
This.
My guy doesn't send them nearly as much as me, but I'm really bad at misreading texts so I need faces.

>>16678346
I would be perfectly fine with that. I do that with dxm and I'd smoke weed if I wasn't broke af
>>
File: 1433680961990.jpg (232 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1433680961990.jpg
232 KB, 1024x768
>>16678366
Weed is disgusting, dangerous and immoral.
>>
>Create a profile on a dating site and browse around
>90% of profiles has girls mention that it's the man's job to do this or that

Can I hit this people? Or at the very least, tell them to get in the kitchen where they belong? Because holy shit. Telling a man it's "his job" to do something is like telling a woman she's too stupid for anything above ironing my shirts.
>>
>>16678394
All of those things are true though. Get rid of those internalized egalitarian beliefs.
>>
>>16678420
I remember when I was an edgy 14 year old too. Most of us grew out of it though.
>>
>>16678394
Why do you think those girls had to resort to online dating?
>>
>>16678346
i would find you less weird if you just smoked it normally

>>16678364
>>QUESTIONS MARKS ARE FOR GIRLS ONLY

you are retarded
>>
>>16678364
i bet you spend your days watching PUA videos
>>
>>16678346
>Smoking weed for a spiritual connection
I'd think you're a retard.
>>
>>16678346
I wouldn't have anything against you as a friend, but I wouldn't date you. I'm probably the minority though.
>>
>>16678442
No shit right

This x1000
>>
Im not sure if anyone can help me with this, but anyway:

First off I don't have problems getting women, i've had a lot approach me.
>Excuse me if im not 100% clear
My question is, Im trying to find a type of women that is into what I am.

Brief description of myself:
>in college for computer science
>Love outdoor shit
>Love music festivals, reggae and jam bands
>I have a 7-8/10 face and fit body
>Im caucasian with pale skin and brunette, If i put glasses on people tell me i look like that guy that plays super man >pic related

Now Ive really only experienced white women because where i grew up its mostly whites and some asians. The thing is a lot of white women flip flop and go for black guys or some other race. That puts me off, because I want to be everything the girl is looking for, a full package. Obviously Im looking for a full package female. By full package i mean relative to what I look for in a girl.

Is being a caucasian male in america not helping my search for a girl? Can anyone give me a race of women that find white men desirable with my characteristics? Id like to narrow my search results. Hell ive been trying to generate an algorithm to get the best quality output while cutting down on the amount i need to go through.

If you could give me a specific answer and not a general one.

Thank you in advance for those who do try and help. This is driving me batshit as i dont want to be alone in life or end up with the wrong one which would be worse.
>>
>>16678346
>How would you feel if found out your s/o smoked weed one day a month, strictly for philosophical/spiritual connection purposes?
Its a bigger deal that you feel like you need to smoke weed for jesus than the fact you smoke at all.
>>
>Go on several dates with girl
>Check her online dating profile out of curiosity
>Last online today

Is she not interested or what? Why is she going on dates with me?
>>
>>16678456
>>16678492
>>16678532
>What is religion
>>
>>16678543
What the fuck does weed have to do with religion?
>>
>>16678531
>identifies as brunette and male
>what

What you're looking for isn't a specific race, you're just looking for a particular person. Just post up on a dating site that you're very particular in what you like and be equally particular in describing yourself, and wait. It takes time but being picky and impatient doesn't work together, and seeing as you've chosen one you gotta drop the other.

Also that fear of "ending up with the wrong one" being worse than being alone is likely to drive you away from potentially "the one"

TLDR Put your stuff on a dating site.
>>
>>16678394
A woman that says a man has to do xyz then calls herself strong and independent is the greatest comedy skit around. Don't get ass blasted, smile. Then move onto another profile that's worth pursuing.

>>16678531
>Is being a caucasian male in america not helping my search for a girl? Can anyone give me a race of women that find white men desirable with my characteristics?
Your inability to find a woman has absolutely nothing to do with your race. At worst they're neutral about it unless she's a girl trying to piss off daddy. In which case you don't really lose out on anything.

>>16678543
I can't think of a mainstream religion that actually needs weed. Are you sure you arent in a cult or something.
>>
>>16678542
I wouldn't put too much stock into it. Maybe she doesn't think you're exclusive yet, or maybe she was just bored and checked it for the hell of it. Talk to her if you want to make things just the two of you.
>>
>>16678531
When it comes to racial dating and marriage stats, there is no race that prefers another over their own. White women are the ones most likely to go for white men, and within that are the most likely to go exclusively for white men.
>>
Girls, is a chubby but outgoing confident man automatically out of chance?
>>
>>16678725
Depends on what your definition of chubby is
>>
>>16678725
Nope, especially not if his personality is cool and we have a lot in common. You can lose weight but you can't really change your personality
>>
>>16678737
lets just say if I wasn't 6' "2, and I was a really short, I'd look obese
>>
>gf started her period earlier today
>we are messaging back and forth for a while
>"hey can we ask each other questions?" (something we used to do when we just started dating like 'whats your favorite color' etc.)
>"Sure, you wanna go first?"
>"I love you"
>uhh ok "I love you too"
>She pretty much says "ok well I'm gonna go to bed ttyl"
>doesn't ask any questions

I'm confused, what the fuck just happened. Am I looking into this too hard?
>>
>>16678755
>lets just say if I wasn't 6' "2, and I was a really short, I'd look obese

well given that the normal for a 6'2" male is listed as:

155 to 193 lbs depending on body type.

If you were 155 pounds at 5'2", regardless of body type, you would probably be overweight and probably have a pot belly.

So that's not informative at all.
>>
>>16678793
have you guys said the love word before that?
>>
Guys, how would you feel if you and your girlfriend had a sexual experience and later she admitted that she only did it because she thought you would feel bad if she didn't?

Girls, same question with boyfriend.
>>
>>16678981
>Girls, same question with boyfriend.
I really don't think that'd happen with my boyfriend and I. We're good at communicating how we feel about stuff and we respect it if one of us doesn't want to do something.
>>
>>16678981
Guy here.

I'd feel bad for hurting her or making her uncomfortable, and I'd feel a little hurt myself that she didn't speak up about how she felt about it. If this happened to you and your partner, make sure that you talk this out. Always admit when you don't want to do things, set limits, and compromise if possible. I'd feel horrible if I was getting my way while hurting someone I cared about.

Your heart might be in the right place about wanting to please him and make him happy, but if HIS heart is in the right place, he'll be open to discussing dos, don'ts, limits, etc. with you.
>>
>>16678755
>>16678725

>Tall
>husky

If you had a little bit of muscle over that, and you're confident, you'd definitely be my type

>a beard would also be hot
>>
>>16678180
I asked someone else and they said I should talk about it and then include it into a valentines gift
>>
>>16678981
>>16678997
Also, same guy.

Not trying to blame you or scare you, but make sure that you work this out so that you don't wind up resenting him for this, and make sure you both walk away from this on good terms. It'd take a good, mature talk for me to walk away from a situation wracked with guilt that I made my girlfriend feel pressured into doing something.

Just my two cents. Hope whatever you guys are going through works out.
>>
File: confused cara.jpg (22 KB, 300x224) Image search: [Google]
confused cara.jpg
22 KB, 300x224
How can you tell if a girl doesn't want to date you anymore?

I'm really confused by the signals she's giving you. We slept together twice, I've been asking her about her work and school and apparently she's always busy. Ever since the last time I was at her house she seems to always be busy, always be with a friend, always have class, never seems to have time to make a date. It's been a week since the last time I saw her. Last night this week I was fucking her... really confused over what's going on.

She does reply to my texts (eventually) but most of my call attempts go to her voicemail or I get a "Hey sorry I'm in class" message. She said maybe Friday she could go out, but again, I'm getting real suspicious. Also I get the feeling I might be turning into a clinger but I mean... I'd just like to know when our next date is. She called me back once to tell me she'd be busy yesterday and today... and that she might be working tomorrow but that she'd keep me posted.

Should I just flat out ask her, "Hey, do you want to keep dating or not?" Cause her ignoring my calls/messages and stuff is starting to confuse me.

Could it be that she's just really busy? How do you tell?
>>
>>16679052
Last week this night I mean...
>>
>>16678725

no but i like bigger guys
i'm also bbw tho so take it for what it's worth
>>
i'm a college educated 23 y/o woman
i also work a shitty retail job for slightly above min wage

if i were interested in a man and wanted to pursue something with him would my job count against me? it's not the best job but i do go to work every day and try my best
>>
>>16679071
literally no man on this planet cares what you do for a living. the size of your ass or how pretty your face is is basically 100x more important. you could run the whole store, if you're an ugly girl guys won't want to fuck you. if you're unemployed but sexy, guys will.

that's the honest to god truth.
>>
>>16678246
>I don't regularly touch people in casual conversation.

nor should you. get yourself into the right setting. This is what parties are for
>drinking games
excuse to stand near someone for no real reason
>loud music
excuse to stand near someone for no real reason

be funny, joke around, lean into her ear and gently touch her shoulder while you shit on that douchebag over there.
>>
>>16678144
with your hands
>>
>>16679052
bump for a reply on this

I mean like... I haven't talked to her on the phone on Sunday. I just get this sinking feeling like she's not into me anymore.

I have other girls I could date who are available but I kinda actually like this girl.
>>
>>16679052
Just don't be clingy. If a girl is brushing you off then do the same, a lot of the time they get bored of it. Also she might just be busy. Patience is key.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
Is the third time the charm? I was engaged too young to an amazing man at 18, and we ended up breaking up despite the fact that I was still crazy about him. Fast forward 5 years and a kid each. My current relationship of 4 years is failing, and the one that got away is still on my mind. Out of nowhere, the ex messages me confessing he's been in love with me since the beginning and that he'd love to try again. Unfortunately I had yet to move out of my current exs house, but decided to give it a shot as delicately as possible, and ultimately failed because of the complicated situation. He did tell me he wanted to give it another shot after I was officially on my own and away from my most recent ex. Now, I finally landed a good job and am making plans to leave for good while trying to keep the peace. My question is, would it really be worth trying to rekindle that relationship? I feel like the second time around wasn't really a fair shot, but I can't help but feel like I'd be setting myself up for failure trying to hold on.
>>
1. I'm a 19 year old male virgin, the farthest I've gotten is a HJ. Is this a turnoff/considered weird by women of similar age

2. I have a ~7 inch dick. How big of a deal is this to women? Is it a huge plus or would they not really care.
>>
>>16679146

I think you need to learn to be alone instead of jumping from engagement to engagement.
>>
>>16679071
It would barely matter at all to me. Sometimes people get dealt a shitty hand. If you had no drive or anything, that'd be a red flag, but:
>i do go to work every day and try my best
sounds really genuine and mature. Always be trying your best.
>>
>>16679136
ok this part is weird of me but, I am looking at her WhatsApp and she's online again, not replying. Should I just ask her straight up if she's not interested? I would rather get some closure with this girl than play a waiting game.

Is it normal for a girl to just want to be around her friends more than her boyfriend? I'm so confused, just want to stop thinking "she likes me, she likes me not" etc.

i feel like confronting her like "look, do you want to keep dating or not?" might give me ease of mind when she just gives up the facade and says no or tells me she's dating someone else, but at the same time it might fuck up whatever connection we've built.
>>
>>16679167
That's solid advice. This guy to me is "the exception to the rule" - he's the only guy I've ever given chances to, forgiven mistakes, and just all around been a true "fool" for. In my heart of hearts, it's either him or no one. I have gone out with my girlfriends and have flirted with and chatted to guys, but I'm not the least bit interested in a new relationship.
>>
>>16679155
and 7" dick is like being 5'11" on the dot. it's nice, but it's not the 6'4" movie star looking guy girls fantasize about meeting. don't play up the big dick card that much, it's more about how you use that tool.
>>
>>16678849
yes
>>
Guys, do you notice if a girl is wearing makeup? If so, what do you notice?
>>
>>16679155
At 19, I wouldn't find a guy who's only had a hand job weird or off putting at all. A seven inch dick sounds great, but what about your girth? Girth is more important than length.
>>
>>16679259
if it's too much make up, it's weird. if it's the right amount, it can make a girl cuter. if it starts smearing on your face, it's weird.

honestly i'd just really like it if the girl i was dating made the effort to wear a little lipstick on dates. seeing a nice red pair of lips smiling at you makes any man happy.
>>
are there women that go out for potential dating partners or are they all out for quick fucks, it's either I'm unlikeable after the first fuck or they're all fast and loose
>>
>>16679440
No, no woman ever wants a boyfriend. That's why you see so many girls talking about their boyfriend.

I swear, half the male population here seems to think that all the 'good' girls have boyfriends and all that's left are bitches and whores, and the other half think girls don't want boyfriends at all.
>>
>>16679280

about 5 3/4 inches fully erect
>>
>>16679446
I guess I'm just unlikeable the morning after then
>>
>>16679440
The sooner you realize that you cant stereotype close to 4 billion people without being a complete retard, the sooner you'll find someone who can love you now that you're not a retard.
>>16679259
Yes, I notice that she's wearing makeup
>>16679155
Its kind of like an aesthetic pussy. Most are just fine, some are just bragging rights
>>
>>16679451
You're plenty long enough, but I still stress that girth Is important
>>
>>16679446
We aren't all like that though, I'm here trying to get all these faggots off their ignorant hate trains.
>>
Should I be worried about anything if a woman I'm with is really eager to have sex? Like she practically jumps my bones impatiently every time we're about to have it and it's weird because noone else has ever done that. Should I be worried? Is there something else going on here?
>>
>>16679490
She likes sex, that isn't a bad thing. I'm in the best relationship of my life, and we talk about sex and have sex, probably 10x as much as any of my past relationships. She's comfortable being sexual, enjoy it, keep her.
>>
>>16679467

but isn't that a good girth? Average for the world is 4.6 inches
>>
>>16679539

Nah, dude. Don't you watch Porn?

Coke can or bust.
>>
>>16679542
Coke cans are acceptable if you're asian maybe, but everybody knows girls only get satisfied if your schlong resembles the size of a forearm
>>
>>16679539
Girth and length are not the same thing. You keep telling me you're "x" inches, but that doesn't tell me how wide around you are. What's the circumference?
>>
>>16679551
Not that anon, but what the fuck are you babbling about? He answered your question >>16679451
>>
>>16679551

I already said, 7 inches long, 5 3/4 inches in circumference...
>>
So, I was at my Young Adult Group today and there was this girl there. Then we got separated into groups. She sat across from me. Eventually sometimes into it, I noticed she was staring at me and smiling. She did it for a while, even when I looked at her and looked away. When I looked away she was still smiling. Then, as she left, she said "bye, anon." Was she interested in me?
>>
>>16679615
>young adult group

Who gives a shit if she was? It's not like you'll fuck her or anything, you Christian babby.
>>
>>16679615
Sounds like it, go for it
>>
>>16678998
>a beard would also be hot
I'm that type, but all I can grow is a horse shoe mustache and a neckbeard. Truly this is suffering.

>>16678981
>Guys, how would you feel if you and your girlfriend had a sexual experience and later she admitted that she only did it because she thought you would feel bad if she didn't?
Kinda uncomfortable, maybe feel a bit guilty. I'd want to talk about it because I'd rather have no sex, than have sex she feels forced into or obligated or whatever else.

>>16679071
Are you trying to improve your station in life? If so I don't see the issue. It would only be a problem if you settled for a life of minimum wage.
>>
>>16678144
grab both of her boobs and say HONK HONK ;^)

le sexy time eminent, whether it's with her or tyrone from cell block D
>>
>>16679647
Jokes on you. I've done that before.

Honking boobs is fun.
>>
>>16679259
yes. some girls do their makeup the exact same everyday so it's less noticeable, but some girls go over the top on certain days and it's very obvious

and then occasionally there are girls whose face is a different shade than her neck, that's cringe-tier
>>
>>16679615
bruh are you fucking blind? unless you had a massive hunk of broccoli in your teeth, and she was holding back laughter, she's definitely into you

try talking to her after your next group meeting and casually mention that you're really hungry.

if she says she's hungry too ask her if she wants to get some food with you
>>
>>16679662
it's hit and miss

you'll probably get hit, but hopefully she'll miss
>>
Why aren't men allowed to cry?

Would you fellow dudes date some woman who doesn't shed a tear if she hears one of her relatives died?
>>
>>16679706
i've had relatives die and i've never teared up about it. it still hurts the same, crying just isn't an emotional release for me, I imagine there are a lot of girls who are similar
>>
>>16679697
Then I guess I'm fucked because she mentioned that this was her only week here because she was going back to college, so I don't know when I'll see her again.
>>
>>16679706

Men aren't allowed to cry because society is constructed to enforce the idea that crying (and displaying emotion in general) is a sign of weakness and a trait of femininity. Men are encouraged and pressured to be tough and fearless, and are conditioned to be insecure about their masculinity, so they grow up learning it is not okay to cry, when by all accounts it is.

Conversely, the inverse is also a perfectly valid and reasonable thing. No one should feel any obligation to act a certain way because of their gender. If you move on from loss quickly, and don't really grieve when it is conventionally expected of you, that is an okay thing, too. My mother called me heartless once because I don't miss the father I had who died of a stroke when I was a teenager, so I understand what you mean.
>>
So girls, on the first date, would you rather a guy just go in for the kiss, or ask first, or would that kill the mood? How would you let him know you didn't want him to, if he just went for it?
>>
>>16679749
Just go in, but it has to be at an appropriate time
>>
>>16679749

Just fucking communicate, you idiot.

People who follow rules and strategies, and who look for cues and tells are socially and romantically adept. Practice safe consent methods. If you want to do something, ask her politely. She will respect that you're conscious of her boundaries and feelings.

If it kills the mood, this girl likely isn't right for you anyway. To me, there's honestly nothing sexier than when someone says, "would it be alright if I kissed you?"

You're more likely to do harm by being some smooth, suave charmer.
>>
>>16679749
NEVER ASK thats a total mood killer

you might as well say "may I kiss you m'lady?"

if you go for the kiss and she doesn't want it you still have balls of steel and no one can hold that against you, if anything she was leading you on

but if you ask... you might wanna ask if you can take a puff from your inhaler first and fix your fedora
>>
>>16679706
>Why aren't men allowed to cry?
I don't get where you guys were raised but I never really had that stigma growing up. My immediate family is relatively conservative at that, it's not like I was in some hippy feel good household.

>Would you fellow dudes date some woman who doesn't shed a tear if she hears one of her relatives died?
People handle grief in a lot of ways. When someone important to me passed, it took me three weeks for it to really settle in. When it did, it hit me all at once.

>>16679259
If I can notice it, you put way too much on. I'm horrible at noticing it otherwise.
>>
>>16679764
>>16679782

Seriously fuck off. This might work for normies who have no experience in relationships apart from what they see in movies and girlfriends who cheated on them with Chad, but this advice is not realistic at all.

If you want to develop trusting relationships and/or friendships, treat the women you're interested in like people, with complex feelings and emotions. Communication is literally the most important aspect of a relationship and if you do not practice it, either you, or your interest will get hurt.

'hurr durr consent is for neckbeards, be an alpha male' shut the fuck up. that's not how the world works.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (31 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
31 KB, 1280x720
>>16679794
hahaahaha oh man thanks for the giggle m8. no one told OP to pull down her panties and start fucking her, that's a situation where consent is key. you don't ask a girl to kiss you, you don't ask if you can send her flowers, you just fucking DO IT.

of course you don't just kiss some random girl you met at a bus stop and had a quick conversation with, but if you two are hanging out one on one she is waiting for you to sack up and make a move, asking is the ultimate beta move.
>>
>>16679794
I'm a girl, one which most people here would consider to be a 'normie'. A guy asking the girl if he can kiss her isn't romantic like in Disney movies, it's just awkward and a moodkiller. It's not like I suggested he assault her, my answer was caveated by telling him to do it when appropriate.
>>
>>16679802

The fact that you even use the term 'beta' seriously shows that you've learned your social skills from 4chan and/or reddit.

Enjoy the majority of your romantic experiences turning out like 'oh jeez, anon, what the fuck. i wasn't ready for that at all, that makes me super uncomfortable that you would try and be physical with me without checking if it was okay.' and then having that girl tell all her friends that the concept of boundaries is nonexistent to you.

>>16679803

This assumed that 'when appropriate' is blatantly clear to all parties at all times. You're right, going in for the kiss can feel great sometimes, but more often than not people are going to fuck it up and make a fool of themselves. If someone gives a dude shit for being conscious of a person's boundaries, they're really not on a level of emotional maturity to be worth pursuing.
>>
>>16679722
It's such a *greeat* thing for both genders too. Feminine things are BAD. Even when done by females, because it shows they're silly females doing female things.
At least, that's what I always heard. Not sure who or what those ideas are supposed to help.
>>
>>16679814

Yeah. This is a weird place to discuss it, considering how women-hating 4chan is, but women are really just the punching bags of society.
>>
>>16679810
enjoy dying alone because you asked a million girls if you could kiss them and they all asked for a ride home when you killed the spontaneity and excitement of the moment.

in all seriousness though, asking a girl if you can kiss her is like telling someone what their present is before the open it on christmas morning
>>
>>16679810
>This assumed that 'when appropriate' is blatantly clear to all parties at all times.
First of all, most people have no problem gauging this. Secondly, this isn't something that we can hold his hand through, he's going to have to learn to judge this for himself.

>If someone gives a dude shit for being conscious of a person's boundaries, they're really not on a level of emotional maturity to be worth pursuing
There are some situations where you DO have to make judgement calls about what to do and how to behave. Asking is awkward in this situation.

And of course, this is all generally speaking. There will always be exceptions. It was too abstract of a question in the first place. We can't answer it adequately
>>
>>16679816
Nice projecting. You know nothing about my social life or the successful relationships I've developed.

You expect presents on Christmas morning, and you know exactly when you're going to open them. You do not have omniscient knowledge of when a girl is okay with your advances until you ask them.

>>16679818
You're honestly part of the problem. You have just as poor communication skills as the men in this thread. Hinting at your desires, and expecting people to get them is an extremely toxic byproduct of our society and something that harms healthy relationships. You're too caught up in poetic spontaneity to actually develop proper life skills.

Things like this should never, ever be determined through social cues, as autistic as you've been lead to believe this is.
>>
>>16679814
>Even when done by females, because it shows they're silly females doing female things.
Usually its at the expense of women who can only do basic things like makeup or shopping. If you're a woman who's well read, with makeup well done, and a well rounded personality you're probably not really going to be at the butt end of a joke about girly things.

>>16679815
Not really. There's a reason there's all those stereotypes about the mother holding the family together in Italian families for instance.
>>
>>16679832

Jokes about girly things are distinct from the underlying hatred of femininity that is woven throughout society. You can be a functioning and respected female member of society and still face a lot of gross shit throughout your daily life.
>>
>>16679831
>You expect presents on Christmas morning, and you know exactly when you're going to open them

okay lets run with this. when you and a girl are alone, you've been texting for weeks, you're now watching a movie with the lights low. THIS is christmas morning. she is expecting her kiss, and when you ask you completely destroy the moment

you have to take a calculated risk
>>
File: 1449977005165.png (2 MB, 1117x725) Image search: [Google]
1449977005165.png
2 MB, 1117x725
>>16679841
>the underlying hatred of femininity that is woven throughout society.
Man, my college sure wastes a lot of time and money trying to get women into STEM if they actually hate them.
>>
Ladies how many of you are sure you don't want children?
>>
>>16679846

If you've been texting her for weeks, why haven't you flirted with her through text? Why haven't you discussed the fact that you want to kiss her beforehand?

If you've already cleared that, then yeah, don't ask.

But if you have no idea if there's even emotional/physical chemistry or if she's comfortable with physical affection yet, you have to be sure before you make an advance. And by sure, I mean explicitly, with words.

>>16679849

>some anecdotal evidence of partiality towards women means that women as a gender have it perfectly okay in life

Your college is literally trying to compensate for the hardships these women face within their disciplines and in life in general.
>>
File: 1428054821943.jpg (54 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1428054821943.jpg
54 KB, 640x480
>>16679853
>Your college is literally trying to compensate for the hardships these women face within their disciplines and in life in general.
Are you serious mate. They're more interested in the gender gap than anything, to try to incentivize them away from useless degrees such as communications or psychology which they generally gravitate towards.

The closest thing to hatred of women this culture has is the prejudice of lowered expectations.
>>
>>16679853
I get what you're saying, but like I said, calculated risk

if you've been texting for weeks, and you both agree to meet up, just the two of you, i'd be shocked if a girl wasn't at least somewhat interested.

so when the timing is right, you go for it, and if she doesn't reciprocate that's that. and you both know where you stand now

....but if she does feel the same way
>>
>>16679864

If you've been texting for weeks, but she sees you as just a friend because you haven't been communicating your interest in her, and you try and kiss her, you will seem like a bigger creep than being polite would ever make you.

Communication, anon. If you have to assume or guess whether a girl likes you, you're not communicating enough, m8.

Communication should be a natural thing. If you do it constantly, you won't have to take any calculated risks.
>>
>>16679832
>you're probably not really going to be at the butt end of a joke about girly things.
Yeah, instead I had my mom constantly angry at me since I didn't like girly things. And you know how guys complain it's hard to find a girl who's like a bro to date? Surprisingly it's hard as a girl without girly interests, to find other friends who are girls without girly interests. And once you aren't a kid, you can't just play dodgeball with the boys at recess.

If it was really just jokes, it'd probably be okay. Just like for men, if it was just jokes about not being manly enough there probably wouldn't be a problem. It's taken further though. People are treated differently.
>>
>>16679885
>It's taken further though. People are treated differently.
You're grown, and you have freedom of association. Your mother reacted particularly poorly and I won't take that away from you, but I haven't had these issues men here are talking about with crying for instance. All for the simple fact I don't choose to associate with people who would give me shit for something like that.
>>
>>16679897

Feel fortunate that you've lived a life that grants you the privilege of being ignorant to the rigid expectations of gender.
>>
Ladies, if you fancy someone will you point at them with your legs/feet?
>>
>>16679902
Not ignorant, I choose not to follow it. I'm a grown adult, and I can choose my path. That means I can bottle it in and refuse to let emotions show, or I can tell them to screw off if they give me shit for doing otherwise.

You're a grown woman, and you can do the same. It's not my fault if you decide to do as you're told. Freedom of association, it's a grand thing.
>>
Is it normal for the girl to seem less into me that I'm into her? First real relationship here so I don't know jack shit
>>
>>16679897
Yikes, >>16679902 wasn't me. Not trying to argue woe is me, life is unfair or whatever. Just writing down things I've experienced. I did do what I wanted. Personally I'm happy that I never let my mom convince me to get rid of my action figures. She of course hated them, but I'd always play games with them with my grandma. So I'm doing alright now, it just made growing up more difficult.
>>
>>16679930
More power to you then. We can't choose our childhoods, but too many people use them as an excuse for their adulthood.
>>
I don't know how to flirt

Wat do
>>
>>16679853
>If you've been texting her for weeks, why haven't you flirted with her through text? Why haven't you discussed the fact that you want to kiss her beforehand?
>If you've already cleared that, then yeah, don't ask.

What? People always discuss the fact that they want to kiss beforehand?

Oh my god.... Have I been doing it wrong all my life? Did I force myself on all those women? Am I a rapist!?!?! WHAAAAAAT

Oh wait. No they don't.

rofl

>>16679911
Everyone's different anon. Some people are more affectionate than others. Only way you can possible know is based off he personality.

I'll say there definitely is a point where you can be TOO aloof with your partner though.
>>
>>16679942
Keep sending her pictures of your dick. Try different angles if she doesnt respond favorably.
>>
>>16679949

People should. If you don't, and you make a move, you're not a rapist, but you're taking a risk that might end up in it all backfiring. The point I'm trying to make is that intimacy shouldn't be about taking blind risks. You're sacrificing comfort, respect, and safety for this fabricated idea of being smooth and alpha.
>>
is it degenerate to give your crush powerball tickets for dinner?
>>
>>16679957

I think only once has a kiss ever "backfired" (she was just slightly surprised; and given the fact that she agreed to see me several times after that, I doubt she felt violated, disrespected, or uncomfortable around me) and I already pretty much knew a kiss would probably not exactly be called for (but I was just exceptionally curious as if we had any chemistry, so I gave her a light peck on the lips as we were saying goodnight; as I suspected, we didn't, which kind of bummed me out because I otherwise really liked her as a person and had fun with her.)

This fabricated idea of being "smooth and alpha" has existed for at most, what, 100 years?

Humans have been having relations with one another for what, 200,000 years?

You're fabricating your own ideas about intimacy. People have done it off instinct for literally hundreds of thousands of years.
>>
>>16679259
If she's wearing too much
>>
Girls, how would you like to have the texting ratio between you and a potential partner?

- frequent?
- one to one?
- just for setting up dates?
>>
>>16680270
One to one. Just respond as soon as you have the time and i'll do the same. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
Why do women expect men to do all the work? Why don't they approach men if they are interested?

>inb4 you're just ugly and nobody gives a shit about you
>>
Either gender:

How would you feel if your long term (2+ years) partner went through your phone/looked at your messages/fb etc sometimes without your explicit permission, even though you apparently have nothing to hide?

I know the answer is pretty obvious for the majority of people, but what if:
>you and your partner have mental illnesses but you're both getting treatment
>you've given them severe insecurity and trust issues from repeatedly leaving them, cheating on them, and lying to them, all in the past
>they found out a lot of the above from coming across said messages

But
>you're trying to change for the better
>you're trying to make up for the past and for hurting them
>you have no plans to leave them, you're now 100% committed to them and the relationship
>you're both supportive and loving to each other
>you have fun together
>you have heaps in common
>you're basically perfect for each other
>they spend on average 4-5/7 days at your place
>you plan to marry them and have kids with them

On the other hand, what would you do if the roles were reversed?
>>
>>16680286
>I know the answer is pretty obvious for the majority of people, but what if:

So your asking us to function off hypotheticals of your specific subset of circumstances? -.-. Well none of those are true for me so no fucking idea.

>>you've given them severe insecurity and trust issues from repeatedly leaving them, cheating on them, and lying to them, all in the past

Oh well then that's easy, i'd question why I'm with them in the first place, and then just not be with them.

If there's no mutual trust, and you ever see restoring it, it's time to get out.
>>
Girls, length or girth? Which matters more on a man's junk?
>>
File: 1358709641233.gif (999 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1358709641233.gif
999 KB, 320x180
Years ago when I was a dumb teenager, a friend's gf hooked me up with her best friend. Like I said, I was a dumb and shy virgin who did nothing and accidentally signaled "I'm not interested" and years later it still pops up in my head every once in a great while. I'm really hoping she doesn't remember that and think I turned her down because of her.

I'm pretty sure I leave this alone, but I need to ask; should I message my friends ex and tell her "hey, remember forever ago when..."?
>>
>>16680296
I prefer a long dick to a super thick dick, but I'm really tight and penetration hurts. Someone that's more relaxed might have a better time with thickness.
>>
>>16680347
No, leave the past in the past.
>>
>>16680347

Remember forever ago when...? What?

What are the odds they:

1.) remember what your talking about?
2.) care?
3.) it changes or does absolutely anything?

Yup. Leave it alone.
>>
To both: Why do I have this idea/feeling that I am extremely much more likely to become a billionaire than ever have sex?

I mean it can't be THAT fucking hard to get laid, or are there things out there that are absolutely more easier to achieve than getting sex?
>>
>>16680372

Because you're negative as fuck and letting your drama queen teen feelings take over.
>>
Girls: What kind of relationship are you looking for if you start talking about quite some intimate things with a guy?
>>
>>16680406
24 actually. Feel like 30 desu senpai
>>
>>16680420
I never said you WERE a teen, just that you were letting your drama queen teen feelings take over.
>>
>>16680446
Ok.

You're not fucking with me, are you?

Yes I really can not fucking tell if you are or not.
>>
Shy girls: how do you show that you're interested in a guy? How can we get you to open up more and come out of your shell?
>>
>>16680451

Nah, not fucking with you. Straight-up, you're being melodramatic.

Honestly it's not that hard, but the mind is a crazy and powerful thing, and you're MAKING it big deal and MAKING it hard for yourself.

Quit with the negativity.
>>
>>16680293
That's why I'm asking, I literally said
>what would you do if
Just because you haven't lived these circumstances doesn't mean you wouldn't have any advice to give.

What if their partner does trust them, just much much less than before?
>>
File: 1452416340790.gif (104 KB, 300x136) Image search: [Google]
1452416340790.gif
104 KB, 300x136
Women
I get very frequent boners. Like 1 per hour. My penis is large enough to where theres nothing I can do to hide it. Im a little afraid to hang out with women for extended periods of time because of it.
Now I dont get boners if Im occupied or certain scenarios but in general the 1 an hour rule applies.
I try to think about dead cats and stuff not to scar little kids or go the extra 100 mile so that they dont see it, but I have female friends that I kinda avoid hanging around. Only like 3 girls know about this. 2 were my ex and didnt mind. the third was a really good friend from the past and I hide even try to hide it from her because she was around so often and she just laughed each time.
Im worried about this though and Id like to hang around girls without fear of coming off negatively.
Thoughts on how you would feel if you were around me?
>>
>>16680508
I would feel uncomfortable if a guy had constant boners around me. There are numerous ways you can stop this from happening. The first is to buy proper underwear that keeps your shit locked down.

http://www.getbloxers.com/

Invest in some and stop making women think you're a desperate thirsty bitch.
>>
>>16680519
Yeah my penis stands near parallel to me when I get an erection. Not the type you can just hold down. And if it were that easy to stop getting boners I would have done that.
Shit.
>>
>>16680535
I can tell you didn't look into that product at all.

Whatever, keep living with your issue needlessly.
>>
>>16680535
That being said itd be cool if the waste band trick always worked and there were boxers that worked that way. Then I would only have to hike up my pants or shorts when it happens.
>>
>>16680539
I only watched the video. Was there more?
>>
>>16680508
The question is why you get them? Just randomly or because of the girl you are hanging out with?
>>
>>16680546
No they are fairly random. I try to avoid hanging out with girls because if it. High school was living hell.
With guys I see it as gay to get a boner around them. Not that it is or that Id be bothered if another guy got one around me. But it kills the boner around guys so it works. Family I dont care, guys and girls, everyone knows.
>>
>>16680460
It depends. If i start acting more awkward than before when you're around. Or if i subtly try to be near you (pick the seat nect to you for example). If i blush when you talk to me. If i'm interested in everything you talk about.
You can try being friendly and patient. You can try to seek my company. Or say something nice ABOUT me when talking with others. That would be better than complimenting me directly. Yeah, i have no idea myselfe. God knows how i managed to get with my bf... Ah, now i know. It was alc that finally helped us make the first move. Ha
>>
>>16680556
Have you told a doc? This sounds rather unusual. I would seek medical help. It seems like this issue is restricting you socially and that's not worth it!
>>
>>16680565
>This sounds rather unusual
It isn't, we get random boners all the time.
>>16680508
Even if your dick is huge most pants do a good job of hiding it. Unless all your wearing is a pair of really loose boxers and sweatpants this should not be an issue.
>>
>>16680565
They just say it happens and its healthy and that I should appreciate being young while I can. Every guy gets random boners which is something most girls dont know. Completely unrelated to their surroundings. Its the bodys way of making sure it works apparently. But with age the frequency decreases. Just mine didnt. It is not as bad as it was in highschool though. But highschool was hell.
>>
>>16680571
But it is. I dont where sweat pants really. My dick is large enough flaccid to normally have a visible bulge though and you can tell if you know what to look for. I thought I did a good job at finding it but my ex informed me that I didnt.
>>
>>16680589
Should make note though that I blame the ligament more than the size. If it didnt HAVE to stand straight up I could probably get away with not needed to adjust my pants each time I got a boner.
>>
Is it normal to really like a guy and want to be with him, then start doubting it all once you have the chance?

It's like suddenly I get scared when it gets too real.
>>
>>16680603
I can say from a guys perspective itd be annoying as fuck and I probably wouldnt wait.
Dating is harder for men then women. If a girl started acting pulling away Id assume she didnt really want it or has another guy lined up because she probably does.
>>
>>16680508
This is why I'm so happy to be a girl. Can think about sex all the time and no one will know lel

To answer your question I'd be creeped out but that's because I'm a prude and get nervous around all things sexual.
How old are you?
>>
>>16680608
One the other side though we have to carry multiple pairs of underwear and and put tampons in our dicks so Im not sure Id trade.
>>
Men and Women,

What are some cool things to do to take your mind off of your partner fucking up?

I need to feel fine ASAP, I need to get some work done and I can't do it if I'm upset. I've been very upset in the past because of other boyfriends, so since I have the experience, it's not that bad now. But I need some examples of what I can do to stop caring entirely.

We talked, he apologized. What do I do now? I still feel like shit. Don't really feel like watching a movie or playing anything. Will go out later but I'm afraid it won't help. What do you do in your free time that makes you feel better?

Thank you!
>>
>>16680624
Realize that he probably made a minor mistake and that youre being unreasonable and controlling. When you realize that you can learn to accept peoples mistakes easier.
>>
How long should I wait between a date and setting up a next date if she's "busy"?
>>
>>16680613
>carry multiple pairs of underwear and and put tampons in our dicks

oh the sweet existence of birth control.

Sometimes I think it'd be better to be a man though.
>don't age as bad, the older the better usually
>no periods
>can run away from pregnancies
>a man at his full potential looks better than a woman at her full potential (career/body-wise)
>>
File: unnamed.gif (2 MB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
2 MB, 360x360
>>16678111
Girls

would you be impressed if a guy that you already liked did powerlifting/weightlifting?
>>
>>16680672
People are able to tell whether or not you lift. If they can't tell, they won't be impressed.
>>
>>16680642
Just propose a date and ask if it works for her. Like next weekend, or the friday night afterwards, or something.
If she isn't free for ANY of them, she probably isn't interested and just doesn't want to say no.
>>
>>16680603
I'm a guy and I get the same way sometimes.
It's pretty normal, but in my experience it's something that you shouldn't give in to. All of my biggest regrets are of things I didn't do or didn't give a chance. Looking back on the things I went for that didn't go smoothly, I still feel that the experience did me good.
>>
>>16680674
Not just lifting. But the actual hobby/sport of weightlifting
>>
>>16680624
I just give in and feel angry for a while. Do some screaming where people can't hear me, just to vent.
>>
>>16680680
Then no. It isn't impressive because you aren't even dedicated enough to it to take it seriously.
>>
>>16678111
Girl says I'm cute. Not sure if she likes me. What do?
>>
This girl told a friend of mine she thinks I'm sympathetic, why the fuck doesn't she just tell me?
>>
>>16680672
I lift myself so I'm not really attracted to someone who doesn't do some form of lifting. It's a kind of "once you go black you never go back" thing, but with guys that lift instead.
>>
Girls

For what reasons will you friendzone a guy? And when you do friendzone someone, is that a permanent fix, or is it possible they can overcome that wall? The friendzone thing is very confusing for me. There is a girl I've been friends with for a few months now, we text each other every day too. Well I told her that I liked her and she said "I'm not looking for anything right now, but time will tell! :)" what does that even mean? I'm confused.
>>
>>16680726
she's too pussy to tell you she doesn't like you in that way and never will, so she opts for the middle ground
and/or
she's scared she'll lose you as a friend if she completely rejects you

Move on and find someone that's crazy about you.
>>
>>16680730
>find someone that's crazy about you

That will never happen.

I don't mean to sound like I'm bitching. But it's so frustrating when you actually "click" with someone. When you go out of your way to be nice to them and overall just get along great, but then you get rejected for unknown reasons. Like she's always texting me and asking to Skype. And very very nice to me. I'm by no means perfect, but why wouldn't she want to date me? Don't all girls want a nice guy who actually treats them with respect, and actually enjoys being with you?
>>
>>16680677
She is legitimately busy, but also expressed some interest, so I guess I'll message her in the next days with one or two suggestions, thank you.
>>
>>16680730
What if the girl says shes not the relationship type. You can tell because she never had a boyfriend before and she's always busy with her girl friends and studies.
>>
>>16680746
>Don't all girls want a nice guy who actually treats them with respect, and actually enjoys being with you?
Yes, but you were probably too nice. Cater to her every need and do everything she tells you, and she will feel like you're just a friend -- you're too easy.

Pull away a bit, flirt with other girls.
>>
>>16680746
>actually believing that
Women want no passive deadweight, anon. The price of having someone with the balls to actually do shit is that, well, they're a bit more independent than your usual betafag, and that comes with a bit of the natural annoyance and cruelty the usual human being expresses when interacting with another human being.
Man up.
>>
My girlfriend told me she's pregnant earlier today. I was ecstatic, every man dreams of having a child. My girlfriend was less than amused with my happiness and said this is a bad situation and I should feel bad. She doesn't want to keep the child and thought I would feel the same.

It's not that I want specifically at this point in time to have a child. I mean, I have a house and ample money, it's not about a rise in difficulty of living with a child. Having a child is/was an eventuality for me, something I looked forward to in life. Knowing my girlfriend is pregnant just makes me happy for some reason.

Am I a bad boyfriend for not gauging her temperament better? I love my girlfriend and thought she might have been happy too, so we could bask in it together.
>>
>>16680757

>Yes, but you were probably too nice. Cater to her every need and do everything she tells you, and she will feel like you're just a friend -- you're too easy

God that's so frustrating. Where is the line even drawn for being "too nice?". How can you be too nice to someone. If I care about someone I want to make them happy. It just doesn't make sense to me. I like to joke and make fun of her a lot (obviously all in fun), and she does the same back. We joke about everything from politics to sex. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I can't pull away, SHE is always texting me. She likes to text me nice messages while I'm sleeping so I can see them when I wake up.
>>
>>16680711
pls reply
>>
Girls:

>am dating this girl
>she wants to take it slow, is a bit scared and stuff
>ended a 4 year relationship 4-5 months ago because she moved
>still talks with her ex
>he's some giant douche who literally never told her he loved her until they broke up
>she even told him to propose to her
>he is also not very successful, interesting or anything
>we are going out and everything was going great, if a bit slow
>he tells her he quit his job for her
>tries to talk to her about how he did it for her and to get back together
>she avoids it because it stresses her out and isn't prepared
>she is going home soon and is thinking of talking to him in person
>tells me a part of her wants to give him a chance
>tells me it's maybe because her family wants her to be with him
>tells me she is almost sure she doesn't love him and her life will be bad with him and such
>tells me she thinks maybe she's just afraid of change
>even says she is sure he doesn't love her
>says she still wants to see me

It sounds to me like she has major issues with this guy and I am just a temporary replacement until she makes the mistake of going back to him. Am I right? Or should I believe it can work out and just try to make it work?
>>
File: 4L_VEqapsRm.jpg (64 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
4L_VEqapsRm.jpg
64 KB, 640x480
Girls, what are you attracted to. I have heard sixpacks are attractive but more than that idk. I know it be weird but just this once
>>
>>16680772
you're too vague about your situation. more context please
>>
>>16680763

What? Man up? Being a man is being a responsible human being, treating others with respect, and doing the right thing. How the hell am I suppose to "man up"?
>>
>>16680746
>Don't all girls want a nice guy who actually treats them with respect, and actually enjoys being with you?
But they also want chad. They way for them to get everything is to turn you into her emotional tampon and sleep with chad.
>>
>>16680777
She's a friend of a friend who often sleeps at the same dorm, occasionally we play drinking games together or talk a bit before we go to bed.
>>
>>16680770
>Am I a bad boyfriend for not gauging her temperament better?

No, it just seems like you're ready for a child and she isn't. Maybe she wants to be married first or something.

>every man dreams of having a child
the general stereotype is that men are terrified of getting a girl pregnant, so you can't blame her for thinking you wouldn't want to keep it.

How old are you both?
>>
>>16680778
Beito desu.
>>
>>16680781

Fuck god damn chads. It literally does not make sense to me!
>>
>>16680787

What does that even mean
>>
>>16680786

I'm 27, she's 26. We've been together for three years.
>>
>>16680770
>>16680823
You are not a bad boyfriend. Your happiness at her pregnancy cannot be interpreted in a negative light in any way unless you have agreed not to have children.

Her being terrified would usually be bad, but let's face it, it's pretty fucking scary for her. Consider the fact that if she hasn't prepared mentally, she's bombarded with so many things.

I.e. stand your ground on being happy, it's ok, but don't try to pressure her or anything. Seriously, imagine you learning YOU are pregnant. Because it#s just as unexpected.
>>
>>16678111
So, I'm planning on going to visit a friend overseas for the summer. I'd be staying at her house, and she thinks it's ok if we sleep in the same bed. I'm uncomfortable as shit doing this as a guy.

Problem's been solved and I'm sleeping on either the floor/couch. Question is that she saw nothing romantic/vaguely sexual about this and has apparently done this with male friends before. Am I just being weirdly prudish about this or is this as weird as I find it?

I'm British and she's not, btw, so it's entirely possible this is the traditional repressed thing we have going on.
>>
>>16680967
I think "uncomfortable as shit" is too much. What kind of pressure was it putting on you? You yourself called her a friend. It should make no difference to you to share a bed with her.

There are lots of places in the world where it would be unusually affectionate for friends to share a bed. There are lots of places where it wouldn't be. Which set of values she applies to herself is not enough of anyone else's business to care much about.
>>
>>16680967
>traditional repressed thing we have going on
where is she from?
>>
>>16678221
Top kek
>>
1. Where are you from?
2. How frowned upon are relationships between:
a) black + white
b) asian + white
c) black + asian

By asian I mean both east asians and south asians.
>>
>>16680996
Should and does are different things, anon. I'm not dumb enough to put myself through an avoidable situation that I find uncomfortable merely because it shouldn't.

>section on cultural relativism
True, but I'd still like to know if I'm out of touch with western culture on this or not. I also don't have any particular judgement on her about it: she doesn't find it uncomfortable, I do.

>>16681036
Thailand. We're friends from uni, to preempt.
>>
>>16680270
What's a texting ratio?

>>16680279
Because we don't have to. If you don't approach us, someone else will. And there are girls who do do the approaching too

>>16680286
I think the criteria you've given are too abstract for me, since I can't relate to them, and therefore can't give an answer to that

>>16680296
Both. One without the other is just not good

>>16680347
Does it really matter? If you can laugh about it now and joke around about it, bring it up if you have to just to get closure, otherwise drop it

>>16680372
I can't tell what you're doing wrong from those two sentences. Maybe you're trying too hard

>>16680408
Depends on what you mean by intimate.

>>16680508
I'd probably either be super uncomfortable, or react like your last friend, to be honest. You should go and see a doctor

>>16680672
Not if that was all he talked about.

>>16680711
Because what sort of compliment is "you're sympathetic"?

>>16680726
Because I'm not attracted to them, physically or psychologically. I don't fucking know what she means, how would I know?

>>16680770
No you just want different things. You need to have a serious talk with her about this

>>16680967
Different places have different ideas about what's okay. This just seems to be a cultural clash to me

>>16681065
Does that even matter?
>>
>>16681077
>woman can't figure out what a texting ratio

women's suffrage was a mistake

Related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uPcthZL2RE
>>
>25
>own my own company
>make $5,000/mo and only work 15-20hrs/mo (bottlenecked right now)
>have my own apartment with nice furnishings
>confident
>6'0"
but
>no car*
>overweight**
>blind in one eye

*I moved here from a bustling city and had no reason to drive, I'm hoping to get a car this year
**I was 270lbs on November 1st and started a diet/workout plan, I'm now 228lbs, still overweight but you can see I'm dedicated to losing it and have already come a long way

Am I hopeless? I haven't been on a date in four years.
>>
>>16681088
Biggest issue to me is that you're overweight. I believe the rate at which you've lost weight isn't healthy, btw.
>>
Guys, what do I have to do to prove to you that I didn't flake on a date (I was genuinely busy)? I'm afraid I fucked up with a guy because it looks like I flaked.
>>
>>16681150
Explain what happened?
>>
>>16681150

Tell the truth, tell him you want to go on another date
>>
>>16681150
Make plans and ask me out for the date this time.
>>
>>16681167
>>16681169
Not her, but have you seen how many "she says she's sick, is she flaking on me?" questions we've had around here lately? I imagine she already told him what happened, her problem is that they sound like cop-out answers. Suggesting another date is good advice though, and I do agree with that
>>
>>16681174
I only remember one from yesterday, and this sounds like it's the exact same person.
>>
>>16681174
The key is not to just explain, that will often sound like an excuse, but to suggest a new date immediate to indicate you are still interested and life just got in the way.
>>
>>16681169
>>16681172
>>16681174
>>16681181
Okay, thanks guys, wish me luck and hope he hasn't found another girl ...
>>
>>16680460
i'm way too shy irl to show anyone that i'm interested in them. i'd seek all my relationships online, looking for fellow introverts. it works out. :^)
>>
Girls

Is it normal for you to cuddle with a male friend, like just both of you sitting in bed or on the couch watching a move and just snuggling togather? Female friend told me she wants this.
>>
>>16681240
She want's the d. No sane girl would do that with a friend
>>
Guys. Do you pursue a girl every time you have a crush (saw them and found them cute), or do you only pursue if you met someone you find attractive and feel that you get along well?
>>
>>16680672
Yes.
>>
>>16681077
Yeah I thought I might've put too many things on the lists, and I didn't think I'd get any advice because it's a pretty unique/hard to relate to situation. It's just driving me mad.
Can you relate to any of the criteria with the question?

Thanks anyway.

Ignoring most/all the criteria, would you be okay with your partner sometimes looking at your messages if you have nothing to hide?
>>
Guys and grills:

Would you be a bit upset if your long term partner didn't get you anything for your birthday or christmas? Even though you spent a bit on them for their birthday and christmas?

Would you still be upset/more upset if they didn't get you a birthday present because they lost the money they would've spent on you gambling?
>>
>>16681319
>Ignoring most/all the criteria, would you be okay with your partner sometimes looking at your messages if you have nothing to hide?
If I knew they were doing it, sure. It's when they do something behind my back that's an issue. That's when it starts becoming an issue of trust, and I don't want to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't trust me

>>16681329
Yes (assuming they didn't take me out for a fancy dinner or whatever instead) and definitely. Get help for your gambling addiction, there are services out there
>>
>>16681329
Yes.
Absolutely.
>>
>>16681306
By definition, a crush is:

>2.
>informal
>a brief but intense infatuation for someone, especially someone unattainable or inappropriate.inappropriate.

So no.

In fact I think I only ever approached one crush, and given the fact that it took me about a year of being her friend to realize how I felt about her, that it's been nearly half a decade since, and that I've moved on, but I STILL care about, wish her the best, and am grateful to have met her (she truly inspired me in a time when I needed it), I'd deign to say that it was much more than a crush and more akin to love; maybe not in the same way I love my girlfriend, but she was still a big part of my life, and I'll always be glad I met her.

Do I (did I) approach girls I find cute though? Yeah, but that's not a crush.

>>16681329
>Would you be a bit upset if your partner didn't get you a birthday/Christmas present?

Personally... I'm not big on gifts so not really, In fact part of me hopes my girlfriend doesn't get anything for me in my birthday coming up in a few days because I know she's incredibly tight on cash and she spent waaaaay too much on my Christmas present. A simple letter saying, "I love you" would be enough to make me happy.

>Would you still be upset/more upset if they didn't get you a birthday present because they lost the money they would've spent on you gambling?

In that case... yeah... but more because it shows that gambling takes a higher priority than me or that they're inconsiderate, or that they have an addition to it that they're not getting treated (which would be a deal breaker).
>>
After waxing lyrical about how much she loved and cared about me, the girl I'm dating seems to have gone cold and dry after we had a big argument and been like this for a about a week. She's also been abroad for a month and we've only been communicating over text and the odd Skype.

How do I get her back to how she was? Play it like I don't care? Show I care a lot? Any advice appreciated.
>>
Girls, i asked this girl out and she seemed unsure, though she said yes. But i went ahead and told her if she was reluctant she didnt have to lie and go out. She said she wasn't reluctant but hasnt contacted me since. Did i come off too controlling, i just didnt want a pity date and wanted her to be up front
>>
>>16681306
Im starting to pursue girls i like, when before i just let it sit. For me there is nothing worse than what could have been.
>>
>>16681385
Closure
>>
>>16681410
I don't quite understand. Could you elaborate?
>>
>>16681385
She was abroad during the fight?

Sounds like she might be fucking Alejandro over there
>>
Girls

How crazy are you when it comes to a guy with a toned chest and abs? Girl I've been friends with is texting with me now. Told her I was working out and took a picture, but cropped the picture she could not see my chest or abs. But she could see my face and shoulders and tell I'm working out and is begging for a full picture. I told her no, and if she's good maybe she'll get to see them IRL. It's cute. Is this typical for you all? It's like a new her I didn't know about. We usually just have fun conversations. But now it's like she's crazed lmao. And I'm not even super fit. I'm just a bit toned.
>>
>>16681425
You tell her that you can feel she's acting different. That you want this to be rooted in honesty and that she should tell you if something has upset her. That you like her and wouldn't knowingly upset her.
If she can't be honest, move on. People like thay aren't fit for a relationship
>>
>>16681428
Lol, to be honest I thought that may have been the case. I gave her a hall pass to do what she liked but she maintains she didn't. Whether she did or not I'm not too annoyed as I was fucking around back home. So, does she bounce back from this or has Alejandro screwed my chances?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.