[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I start doing things again? Was very depressed and just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1452555706066.jpg (10 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1452555706066.jpg
10 KB, 184x184
How do I start doing things again?

Was very depressed and just spent all my time sleeping and shitposting.

Now all I do is shitpost, gym and a part-time job. Can't get myself to do anything, lack the energy and concentration to even read books.
>>
Bump

I used to do so many things, but now I've got nothing.

How do I get started again?
>>
If I knew, I wouldn't be here.

Maybe replace gym with a more involved, social sport.
>>
>>16678002
I'm already a part of a powerlifting team.

It's not really a social life I'm after so much as getting started with hobbies again. For example, I used to study performance at a conservatory, but I haven't touched my instrument in ~3 years.

Every day I think about getting started again, but I can't seem to go on for longer than like 10 minutes of practice and then I won't touch it again for weeks.
>>
>>16678012
You'll want a sport that women play too, I think. Like kayaking. Or tennis.
>>
>>16678045
Plenty of women on my team.

I'm also not especially desperate for social interaction, I feel mostly bad about squandering my short time on this earth with empty, unsatisfying distraction.
>>
>>16678052
What do you think would be a worthwhile pursuit, even if it's fictional?
>>
>>16678066
I'd like to be able to sit down and read, or practice, or write music or whatever again.

I currently have trouble maintaining my attention for any task more complex than shitposting.
>>
>>16678075
Perhaps you crave social interaction, so you come here for it.

Maybe an orchestra or band.
>>
>>16677899
STOP TAKING YOUR MEDS you've forgotten what you were before
>>
>>16678148
Before the meds I spent basically a whole year doing nothing but sleeping, eating, shitting and lifting.
>>16678101
I don't really think so, I still have quite a lot of friends and whatever, I just don't particularly feel like spending time with them.

Either way, my playing is not up to par for an orchestra at the moment.
>>
>was depressed

Sounds like you're still depressed, friend.

For hobbies I would just do 10 minutes of them a day for a week. Then after the week, do 20 minutes, then 30, etc etc. Keep ramping up the time, the point is to start very small, and stick to a schedule. Play your instrument at 5:30 until 5:40. Then the next day, same time. Keep doing this and eventually things will become routine. Or they won't, everyone's different.

I've been in the spot you were before, I would just come home and do absolutely nothing with my time and would be stressed out over it. I just stopped doing everything I was interested in before and sat around all night every night.

If you're trying to juggle too many interests at the same time you may crash and burn.
>>
>>16678157
Well, on the way to recovery at least.

Though I guess you're right, I'll just have to persist.
>>
>>16678155
You should definitely go for an orchestra then. Just try it, you'll make a lot more progress on your playing if you have a goal.
>>
>>16677899
>shitposting
>gym
>job

Sounds like you're doing things to me, anon. Pat yourself on the back!
>>
You're doing fine, I don't even have a job. But I have a gf and I'm going to tech school.

If you need more energy stop jacking off and ejaculate less.
>>
>>16677899
get a job, live on your own, get goals. once the ball starts rolling depression starts to lift. it's when the ball stops rolling that you become depressed.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.