[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: grease.jpg (118 KB, 500x416) Image search: [Google]
grease.jpg
118 KB, 500x416
5 years ago I met a guy while travelling. He's from the US, I'm from Europe. He was 23, I was 18.
We "dated" for a week, and it was wonderful, but we agreed that there was no point at being in a LDR with that amount of distance.
We still talk very often. He's awesome and I adore everything about him. We kept things in friendly terms, and nothing sexual happened after that week. I dated other guys, he dated other girls, but we still like each other a lot.

He told me he has a chance to move closer to me. He said he'd do it mostly to be with me. He wants to visit me before that, to see if we still have that connection, and then eventually move here to give us a chance.
Is it worth it, for him? Am I going to ruin his life? There's nothing I want more than dating him, but I feel selfish.
>>
>>16672388
>Is it worth it, for him?

he's a big boy, if he wants to do it and it goes south you're not to blame. he knows what he's doing.
>>
>>16672401
I guess that what I am concerned about is that I wouldn't move there for him.
He thought about it and he's old enough to make his decisions, but I still feel guilty and selfish.
>>
>>16672436
Well, do you think you still want to be with him? If he's willing to just come on a visit, give that a shot and see how you feel?
If the spark is still there, I say go for it. Better to have taken the opportunity than not.
>>
>>16672450
I do. I really like him, we had a great connection and, even thinking about it as rationally as I can, he's pretty much exactly the kind of person I want to be with.

I am probably just overthinking this, I've been waiting to see him for years and now that things might get real I'm terrified.
>>
>>16672472

Go with the flow, just make sure to not lead him into something that you don't have sure about.
>>
You won't make it but whatever, give it a try if you wanna.
>>
>>16672760
Why not?

>>16672756
I am really trying my best, the thing I'd hate more is hurting him.
I am trying to make up my mind about it and be 100% sure before he fucks up his life.
>>
>>16672783
that's just some robot tripfag, ignore him.
>>
>>16672472
I'm in the same situation with a girl I dated in Japan.

Have you tried skyping him? Sometimes its hard to communicate what you think through text alone.
>>
just let it happen. it's his choice but don't worry about being selfish cause you aren't forcing him to do anything.
>>
>>16672803
>Have you tried skyping him?
We talk on skype at least once a week, text a bit pretty much daily. We have a really great friendship, and we still have a lot of fun and everything.

How are things with your girl?

>>16672819
>>16672797
>>
I'm not a robot tripfag, just a non-robot one. It won't work because it never does, you didn't have much of a direct, face to face contact. Both of you most likely expect more than shall happen, he'll cone to you and feel disappointed or you'll realise 'the relationship' was easier as a long distance thing. Life ain't a romantic comedy, getting your hopes up over a starcrossed puppy love is foolish.
>>
Well OP, is it?
>>
>>16672850
I am 100% sure it isn't going to be as it is now, and I don't expect things to be like that.
We aren't going to move in together, if he decides to move; he's going to get his own house and we're going to date like normal people for a while. After that, we'll see.
I know I have feelings for him and I most likely idealize him based on the person he is on the phone because we dated for very little, but I hope that things will be natural and will develop nicely.

>>16672852
I hope it is, but I don't now. That's why I am asking.
>>
Did he pound your mound?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.