[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2 years ago I took a 3-day $100 course to join a "spiritual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 360x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 360x450
2 years ago I took a 3-day $100 course to join a "spiritual group" (aka religion) called Sukyo Mahikari.
At the time I really was having tremendous problems with hauntings and an illness the doctor's could find no cause for. The group really seemed to be something that would help.
However, I was raised in a Christian environment and I believe in a God and Jesus. Recently, I felt that the practice of Sukyo Mahikari was not compatible with Christianity and was hurting my connection to God.
In fact, I feel that I hurt my relationship with God and that Mahikari is idol worship and also weakness because I am too anxious to trust in God to help me that I resort to rituals.
I agreed to take a few months away from Mahikari and wait until the New Year. I still feel that it is idol worship, that it has some silly ideas, and that the healing power of God is free and comes from God not from a pendant that you must pay $15 a month to "maintain."

Problem is, the people in the group can be very difficult to talk to and I am very shy.
I don't know how to bring up that I really do not believe in this practice anymore without it causing a huge scene.

What should I do?
>>
>>16670108
What the fuck? Just leave, even if it just means quietly dropping off their radar. They can't make you stay there.
>>
>>16670108
You are aware god isn't real right? That's why you can switch between "god" and Mahikari?
>>
>>16670108
>Sukyo Mahikari.

oh shit, my professor managed to get out of that.
OP the makihari are a cult. Akin with (but perhaps not as damaging) as scientology.
You need to get the hell out.
They're going to try to rope you back in. That's how cults work. You need to find someone on the other side to help pull you through and anchor you. Maybe someone else who has gotten out or a therapist
>>
>>16670133
Lickily I am not in too deep
I am a religion major and I studied them But years later I met a man who was clearly hainted by the ghost of a friend who had died in his bedroom on his 15th bday.
I had no idea how to deal with all the negativity and Mahikari seemed equipped to deal with ghosts.

I do believe in God so I am
Not going to get in a fight but I guess initially I saw Mahikari as a practice UNDER my Christian faith. I always added in a prayer to God and saw it like a martial art or something.

Then I saw actually it really is trying to make you worship their god ABOVE ALL other gods. And then I realized it really was not compatible.

But the thing is,
i have enough respect for religion to want to give back the pendant but I cannot deal with their emotionality and guilt tripping and trying to scare me or convince me that their religion is compatible with Chrisianity.
>>
>>16670177
Should have sAid WAS a religion major I graduated 8 years ago.

Also i LIKE the idea of being able to heal and also when I was having tyese crazy medical problems some old member who had never met me gve me light and figured out the issue in like 20 seconds and doctors followed up and she was right. That kind of impressed me.
>>
seeing posts like this is like looking in to another dimension to me
I can't fathom how a person could possibly believe this shit. I literally can not empathize with them because I can not even construct a hypothetical train of thought that leads to believing in any of this magical nonsense.
>>
>>16670177

Have you tried seeking out a christian church of your denomination? I can almost guarantee you they will provide you with the kinship, strength and safety to pull you through. Some denominations would probably have someone with you at literally every moment of the day if it meant getting out out unscathed.

and this is coming from an apostate mind you.
>>
>>16670108
some day you will grasp that any religion and group following is not a connection to source in itself. so if you're connected to source directly, why do you follow the teachings and principles of people that you don't even know. who is to say they haven't manipulated anything they got from source? and why is it that you cannot get those things from source without relying on them? that action, to me, is very disgraceful to source. this is why i don't follow a religion, and how i've become more connected to source than i ever was in the past with christianity's "help"
>>
>>16670203

holy shit no one asked for your opinion on spirituality.
OP needs help getting out of a cult, not your 12th grade diatribe on religion
>>
>>16670201
This is not a bad idEa but actually i sort of agree with anon below you.
Again - i did not see Mahikari at first as a religion or replacmenet but did think "spiritual practice"

I could look to find a church. My bf is not religious and we live in an area where we are an ethnic minority to the point that I dont feel like going to a local church is so helpful
>>
File: Horsemen.jpg (634 KB, 2290x1200) Image search: [Google]
Horsemen.jpg
634 KB, 2290x1200
What is the origin of this progression?

>observe your thoughts for ten minutes
>focus on one thought for ten minutes
>imagine a simple geometric object and hold it in your mind
>visualize it with eyes open
>add the remaining senses to the imagery

List 5 books / occult leaders that propagated these. Then I will believe you paid attention in class.
>>
>>16670237
I have no idea.
I studied Asian Religions so I did not do much general theory of religion whatsoever. Took japanese chinese course on japanese and chinese history and culture anthro 101 and courses focusing on specific (mostly Chinese) religion and philosophy.
And that was 8 years ago
Sorry to dissapoint you
>>
>>16670233
>I could look to find a church. My bf is not religious and we live in an area where we are an ethnic minority to the point that I dont feel like going to a local church is so helpful

well you don't seem like you have the backbone to do this yourself, which is probably how you got sucked up into a cult in the first place, so I'm realllly going to stick with my suggestion of either going to a church or a therapist.

You're going to need support on this and if your bf isn't working his hardest to get you tf out of there then you're gonna have to find someone else
>>
>>16670296

It's ok, I didn't expect anyone to be able to answer, I made a thread here for lulz: >>>/x/17202584

They don't know shit though. I am trying to remember if it was one of the exercise by St.John of the Cross, but I am too lazy to look for the book.

Anyway, all of this is inconsequential. I didn't read your thread, but basically, stop associating with the cult, there is no situation where it isn't stupid.
>>
>>16670310
Wel if told him I wanted to leave could he come with me to the dojo I am sure he would

But he used to live
In a Zen Mind Sword training temple so I think part onhim thinks Mahikari might be cool
>>
>>16670328

well he sounds like a child so I wouldn't really rely on him for that, especially not if you think he might also get swept up in it because then they would use him as an anchor for you.

Go find an elder in another church, regardless if you are the ethnic minority or not, and see i they can't help you is my suggestion.

Where do you live and what minority are you?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.