[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/, I'll make a long story short, I am a straight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: how do i feel.gif (966 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
how do i feel.gif
966 KB, 500x281
Hi /adv/,

I'll make a long story short, I am a straight male, my best friend since freshman year is gay, and some of his friends are as well. That's fine, whatever, but they keep attempting to make me do gay shit like go back with them alone, its making me uncomfortable and I've stopped hanging out with them. Unfortunately its gotten to the point where both his friends and their friends are messaging me with the goal of "converting me".

Its legitimately creeping me out and they are starting to spread rumors that I'm closeted, I really don't want this shit to spread especially since its false. Just in general, what should I do, being open-minded in today's society is literally ruining any sense of peace I want since I feel like I'm being harassed, please help.
>>
>>16666634
You're fucked m8.
>>
Tell your friend it makes you uncomfortable and if he could ask his friends to stop. They probably just see it as a fun little game or a running joke.
>>
They're probably just fucking with you
>>
I fucking hate queens like this, I apologize on behalf of the sexuality OP.
Its common for gay men to fall in love with good friends but its usually really about them accepting their sexuality, what these guys are doing is harassment and they should get over their fucking straight guy fetish.

The best way to approach is to just laugh about it I think, don't operate from a place of fear. Cut them out of your life and just laugh about it if they keep harassing you like this or spread rumors about you.
If they do this in a school or work situation I would report it as sexual harassment.
>>
>>16666674
He's part of it, its why I cut him out. If I was a chick and they were straight dudes they'd probably get prison sentences. I'm not pulling some "rape culture: shit, nor am I calling you a hypocrite, its just observation.
>>16666701
Messages on facebook are a bit more than that
>>16666703
I tried laughing, the problem is, yes its school, but most of the friend's friends are townies, not students. I just block them, but shit like this spreads, and I know for a fact that somehow this will hit me later in life when I just want to be a fucking middle-aged peaceful schlub.
>>
>>16666731
But did your friend KNOW you legit did not find it funny before you cut him out? Obviously you're not in the wrong in any way, they're harassing you over your sexuality. But the only way I see you can make it stop is by making it clear that their behavior is seriously making you uneasy. Unless they are doing it out of malicious intent.... Then you're fucked.
>>
>>16666731
You're still gonna live in the same town for half your life?

travel, you assjack. Don't limit yourself to your shitty town, you might actually like another town called Springfield or a city like Philadelphia, if you live in the US
>>
>>16666731
You need punch your friend in nose hard enough that it'll cave in to save yourself of any gay rumors. That is seriously disrespectful to your privacy, which they obviously don't give a fuck about
>>
>>16666634
>I am a straight male, my best friend since freshman year is gay
You no how they say men and women cant be best friends. Hate to break it to you but gay men also apply.
You hung out with the gay crowd. Of course youre going to start being considered gay. You chose this life.
>>
>>16666803
>You no how they say men and women cant be best friends.
You know that is bullshit right?
>>
>>16666807
>he thinks men and women can be friends
>in this the year of 2k16
>>
>>16666807
Its not. feelings develop because they are supposed to. Go look at how many angry betas are on /r9k/ because their friend wont date them.
Enjoy becoming gay. Doesnt effect me
>>16666813
Theres being friends and then theres best friends.
>>
>>16666634
my best friend is gay.
he got really drunk and propositioned me once but we brushed it off.

you really just need to tell your friend that what he's doing isn't cool. Simple as that. He may HONESTLY believe that you are gay and in his own warped way, he may think he's 'helping' you.
>>
>>16666816
Fuck off. Two of my best friends are girls who i've known for years. I'm just not attracted to everything that moves.
>>
>>16666788
I never explicitly brought it up, but it should've been obvious from my withdrawal from conversations almost immediately after it would occur.

>>16666813
>>16666816
You can be good friends with women of which you have no intention to sleep with them, I've done it, usually occurs when they are visibly well out of my league or vice versa. Those betas mostly become "friends" after failing to pick them up and clinging onto them.

>>16666801
>A blatant hate crime occurred in which a bigoted cis, white, male assaulted a homosexual man for making a pass at him.
I think violence is probably the worst thing a human being can do in this situation senpai.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.