[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with having tantrums as an adult?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: no war.png (180 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
no war.png
180 KB, 500x380
How do you deal with having tantrums as an adult?
>>
Grow the fuck up and possibly see a therapist.
>>
>>16664293
what the fuck am I supposed to say?

>sometimes I get really fucking mad for no reason and get the urge to fight someone but usually just end up hurting myself to make it stop
>have you considered not doing that
>>
>>16664289
Have you tried not being autistic?
>>
Calm down, find your center. Learn some restraint. Distract yourself from your thoughts whenever possible.
>>
>>16664314
>Learn some restraint
the best I've figured out is either beating my head against a wall or pushing something sharp into my skin. I've stabbed my thigh with a pair of scissors pretty badly before.

I don't know it keeps me from punching mum in the face.
>>
>>16664303
Yea, that is what you say. Go to anger management.

Therapists never say "have you considered not doing that." They go through a systematic behavioral approach to stop doing what you are impulsed to do.
>>
Sit in your car and yell. I like to post videos on snapchat and youtube of me yelling for ten or so minutes about comunists or lazy coworkers or bad drivers. It makes me feel better telling myself that my anger is justified and that people on the internet watch it and secretly agree with me.

If I don't yell at a camera, I start to lose it at work. I don't hurt myself anymore, but I do break things- break pallets, throw product, headbutt the racks, punch holes in boxes, kick carts, etc.

Good luck buddy.
>>
>>16664324
Go punch someone in the face, then. You'll grow out of your childlike behavior pretty quick with an assault charge hanging over you.

You need to learn some consequences, boy. You probably don't work, walk all over your parents all day, and throw tantrums when you don't get what you want. Go get a job and lose it because you yell at a customer. Go fight someone and get your ass kicked when his friend blindsides you and they pommel you on the ground. Go hit your mom and get an assault case. Punch a hole in a friend's wall and have to pay for it.

What point is there to learn and change when you don't suffer any real consequences bad enough to make you willing? Your thigh flesh heals easily enough, clearly.
>>
>>16664400
I don't have a car, and I don't yell. Half the time I literally can't speak or make an audible sound. I had some sort of selective mutism as a kid but the only time it happens anymore is those times.

If someone walked in here right now and started talking to me, I don't think I'd be able to say a word back.
>>
>>16664460
Is it something specific that makes you mad? What emotions are you feeling exactly?
>>
>>16664400
>If I don't yell at a camera, I start to lose it at work.
Of course you do. You've conditioned yourself to make it necessary in your life. Releasing your anger by breaking stuff, hitting punching bags and so on is also counterproductive, it creates a dopamine cycle in which you're rewarded for the anger output.
>>
>>16664303
Exactly that. You're fucked in the head and its probably very fixable so go do it before you hurt yourself flailing around like a tard. If you're getting like actually upset on a daily basis thats not really normal.
>>
>>16664452
I work. I live with my mum to help look after my brother. All I'm asking most days is enough patience to not punch him square in the fucking face. I know what the consequences are and I can't fucking afford to go to jail.
>>
>>16664480
It's better to release it in a healthy way rather than hurting yourself or holding it in until you explode
>>
>>16664488
Do you ever take time to do things that you enjoy? Like a hobby to help you not feel so stressed?
>>
>>16664469
Nothing, it's completely random. I just get overcome by the urge to destroy something, beat the shit out of something capable of feeling pain. I get irritated by something absolutely petty and get the urge to wreck the source of the irritation so thoroughly it won't ever dare to irritate me or anyone else ever again.

Though I aknowledge that wanting to give PTSD to a coffee table probably isn't rational.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.