[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
????Pls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Chest-pain1.jpg (56 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
Chest-pain1.jpg
56 KB, 500x400
any doctors here? i would elaborate on the issue if anyone is willing to advise me. Main issue - chest pain
>>
Explain.. exact location of pain, intensity, radiation
>>
Does it get worse when you breath in?

Like sharp?
>>
It reminds me of waves, its sharp for a while, then subsides and comes back again. It sometimes gets worse when i breathe in, but not always. Also, sometimes i cant feel my left arm when it happens, or the pain comes after i start to feel my arm numb down...
They found a nodule in my thyroid, the heart is absolutely fine. Im a 19 year old female, if that is needed.
They say that it might be anxiety and gave me xanax for really intense episodes but sometimes it doesnt help either :( every time it happens, i feel like i might be dying
>>
File: 49P.jpg (92 KB, 473x355) Image search: [Google]
49P.jpg
92 KB, 473x355
If the doctors say you're fine, you're fine.
>>
well, that is what i would love to believe, but the pain cant come from nowhere, right
>>
File: hawarning500w.jpg (59 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
hawarning500w.jpg
59 KB, 500x321
>>16663436
Looks like the symptoms of an heart attack, you should seek medical help, the sooner the better
>>
i have called an ambulance once, they didnt even take me to the ER, just got a syringe in me with tranquilisers (that just made me sleepy, so i guess i slept it off in the end)
It was really weird.
>>
File: 28q.jpg (201 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
28q.jpg
201 KB, 800x533
>>16663485
You are having panic attacks.
>>
Sound like a panic attack.
>>
Are you sweaty? If so, where? Do you have fever? Are you short of breath? Do you feel like someone is sitting on your chest?

>They found a nodule in my thyroid

Explain. Did they do blood work on the thyroid? Do you know if some values were fucked up? Thyroid produces chemicals that control heart function, that's why I'm asking.
>>
>>16663557
Not sweaty, no fever, but it is difficult to breathe, and sitting on chest - yes

They did some bloodwork, turns out my anti-tpo value is way too high, but TTH is fine, so im on my way to hypothyroidism. They said to get tested once a year
>>
Sometimes stuff like this happened to me too, never bother enough to see a doctor

Maybe just anxiety attack or poor choice of food plus lack of exercise(I know I do). Nowadays never happen again tho
>>
oh and the nodule... they didnt do anything about it, so i guess its not a threat.....?
>>
>>16663578
oh did you make any significant changes to your lifestyle since it stopped?
>>
>>16663570

Hmmm... and probably no goiter then (yet).

So, based on the information given here, it does sound like a panic attack. Have you tried to talk to a therapist about it? I think there are underlying causes here you have not told yet or might not be aware of.

As for the situation now, if you really do not trust it, go to the hospital. Even if you choose not to be submitted, you can still sit or walk around the hospital. That might calm you down and this way there is also a health care professional nearby if shit really does hit the fan.

But, as others have stated here, the chance of you having a heart attack at 19 with otherwise perfect health other than a high anti-tpo and panic-like symptoms in the past is really really REALLY small. The doctors who have examined you seem capable and have likely drawn the right conclusion.
>>
>>16663582
Not really actually. Still eating the same stuff but now I jog at least once a week.

So, no. No significant change, hha
>>
thank you:) well i guess i shouldnt try to treat myself if those are actual panic attacks
>>
>>16663616

Ehh, I have them too. I got hospitalized 4 times based on suspicions of heart problems, but all tests were negative every time. One time I had to be sedated because I was out of my freaking mind.

I'm currently talking to a therapist. I've got some youth trauma's I never dealt with. I'm 24 and apparently now is the time that the things of the past are having an effect on me. Maybe a therapist could help you?

Some recommendations for the future: eat well, sleep well, exercise. A lot of people have low vitamin D and vitamin K. The latter is important with heart function. So eat some spinach or green leaf vegetables twice a week. Do cardio exercises 2-3 times a week. The heart is a muscle after all and benefits from training.
>>
>>16663639
ohhh thanks! ive been seeing a therapist for two years, and the full blown pain thing started after one of my friends died in her sleep because of heart problems :( i get anxious very easily now
>>
>>16663646

See? That's the power that trauma's can have over a person. It makes you oversensitive to set-backs of any kind. :(

No offense, but it sounds like you have a shit therapist if all he does is give Xanax and has not helped you overcome this problem in two years time. Maybe consider switching to other therapist?
>>
>>16663667
well my gp gave me Xanax, and ive stopped seeing my therapist now since I quit school.. maybe I should find another one..
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.