[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ever since my boyfriend moved in with me I can never get a decent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: woman-sleeping.jpg (160 KB, 1280x857) Image search: [Google]
woman-sleeping.jpg
160 KB, 1280x857
Ever since my boyfriend moved in with me I can never get a decent night's sleep in my own bed. It's only a full size bed and every night it's me, him, and our two 10lb dogs. Sometimes I can fall asleep but it's never for long and half the time I end up sleeping on the couch so I can be alone. My bf is obsessed with having a fan going each night for the noise, but I fucking hate it and it makes the room cold and the noise bothers me. He also takes all of the blankets and I often wake up shivering and angry, and he's so heavy I can't get the blanket out from under him. He also never leaves me enough room and I always sleep in a scrunched up position or I'm literally pushed off the bed. I've started sleeping with my own blanket and telling him NO FAN, but last night I woke up at 3am to him turning the fan on because he was "hot", so I literally just went to the couch so I could get my last 3 hours before work this morning. It's getting to the point where I am starting to hate even laying in bed with him and I don't want sex because I'm always tired and resentful. Is there a compromise on this that I am not seeing? Pic related is all I want, I just want to enjoy my bed again
>>
Getting a bigger bed never occurred to you?...
>>
Currently posting this on a futon while my boyfriend sleeps in the beedroom. I know your feels.
>>
>>16655649
I do full time school and work and he's recently unemployed, I barely have enough for my bills much less a new bed
>>
So what I'm hearing is you need a new boyfriend
>>
>>16655653
So have him start applying around to get a job to help afford a new bed.

Either that or agree to compromise and accept that the both of you sleeping in the bed simply does not work. Maybe do rotating couch / bed nights. One night you're couch, next night he is, etc.

Unless you feel your relationship should end because of something as silly as what you're talking about, do what you have to do to make it work.

Thinking again, he should take the couch every night till he gets a job. Done. You're the one who needs better sleep w/ school and work anyway.
>>
>>16655636
I'm a light sleeper and my ex slept like a log, snored, got night sweats, sleep-talked and tended to kick in her sleep like a dog. We had a large bed, and didn't share it with any pets.

Two-and-a-half years basically great, then relationship ruined within six months because I couldn't get a lick of sleep while she was in bed with me. I don't know any way you can keep things going when you aren't sleep-compatible. At least your problem is as silly as a fan and not something insurmountable like the very way each of you sleeps.
>>
Hey! Nobody said anything about moving in, now did they?
>>
File: FinalSolution.jpg (137 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
FinalSolution.jpg
137 KB, 1200x800
>>16655636
Can't see a solution to the fan (hey, sometimes you have to compromise) but there's nothing except social stigma preventing you from doing pic related:
>>
have you tried, um, talking about it with him?
>>
>>16655636
What baffles me is that no one is mentioning the dogs too.
>>
This is why couples should sleep in separate beds at the very least if not separate rooms.
>>
When you have the money, get a seperate bed, or even a seperate room. Couples don't actually need to sleep together, and if you both have very different ways of sleeping, it might be better to sleep seperately.

Until then, couch or sleeping bag for one of you.
>>
I don't do the whole sleeping with pets thing.

my ex slept with her dog in her bed, and even fresh sheets ended up smelling like her dog instantly. imagine having sex with the dank smell of mangy dog up your nose. fuckn sucked.

that's not to mention how annoying most dogs are about sleeping. they get up in the middle of the night, walk over you to get off the bed waking you up, will grab a toy or something, get back on the bed and start going to town on it. inconsiderate bastards.
>>
>Dogs in the bed
You're raising your dogs wrong.
>>
>>16656006
How fucking bad did her dog smell that it rubbed off on her sheets? Did she never wash him?

My bud slept beside me every night for years. He never smelled, and almost always slept the whole night through. God I miss that guy.
>>
>>16656014
>mfw every dog owner who says his dog is super clean/just been bathed doesn't realize his dog still stinks

seriously. all dogs smell like dogs.
>>
>>16656022
Calm down, Ahmed.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.