[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People keep saying I look younger than I actually am. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1437980889260.gif (943 KB, 200x267) Image search: [Google]
1437980889260.gif
943 KB, 200x267
People keep saying I look younger than I actually am. I'm guy that's 23 and people think I'm 18. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm in college I bet they would think I'm younger.

I'm pretty self conscious about it. I'm 5'9 145lbs and skinny. Maybe it's the way I dress? I try to dress well, but I don't know. It might also be the way I carry myself. I'm pretty introverted and shy. How can I make myself look my age?
>>
>>16655070
It'll be a combination of the way you dress and the way you act. People used to think I was 16 when I was 20/21, now I'm 23 and people can tell I'm in my early 20s. Learn to dress somewhat youthful while not dressing like a teen, and be more confident and sure of yourself
>>
You're little tiny manboy size. Most highschoolers are bigger than you. Grow a beard, probably get a more mature hairstyle.
>>
Right there with you, OP.

24 but people think I'm in high school.

Do you have a baby face too?
>>
>>16655070
I'm 33 and look closer to 22-25 and started college 2 years ago

It's not that bad - just don't lie about your age otherwise you'll come off as a creep. Be honest and you'll just come off as a genuine nice guy
>>
Now that I think about it, maybe I dress too plain? I usually wear jeans/chinos with a plain tee. How should I be dressing?

I shave every week so maybe that makes me look young as well. Also maybe I should start working out.
>>
>>16655070
Why do you give a fuck?

Go to the gym to put some muscle on if you don't want to look like a scrawny teenager, but be aware that you may end up just looking like a buff teenager. You'll probably feel better and feel better about yourself though.
>>
It will get better with age, and actually turn into a very good thing. Be happy about it. I'm 39 now and people put me at 30-32. It's great.
>>
>>16655070
19, look about 15 or maybe 12 by 'murrican standards. It's not really an insecurity for me until I'm with people my age who look their age. I'm not sure why, maybe because it makes me feel immature and irresponsible and inadequate. Or maybe it's all just my sefl esteem to beign with. I don't know.

Sometimes I think I have a head a tad too big for my body, which might screw with people's perception of my proportions.

Anyway, good luck.
>>
>>16655070
>got asked if I was 14 when I was going through airport security
>got asked if i had kids my first day of my seasonal job
>actually 18
race, gender, and makeup might of made a difference
>>
File: IMG_20151103_181111.jpg (73 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151103_181111.jpg
73 KB, 768x1024
>>16655070
23, 5'7, 116lbs male here.

People always put at least 4 years less in me, sometimes they won't believe me unless I show my them my ID.
It has to be mainly with your facial aesthetics and thinness.

What I don't get is how you get self-conscious about it... Most girls I know don't care or like it. I get to have a wider girl market, as I can pursue younger girls too.
Someday, when you're full of wrinkles in the way to becoming an old wretched human being, you'll look back at these days, and nostalgic feelings about how cute and young you looked will invade you.

Just be fucking confident about it, a lot of girls like cute boys.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.