[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In a few hours I am likely getting kicked out. My parents have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: hobo.jpg (66 KB, 478x600) Image search: [Google]
hobo.jpg
66 KB, 478x600
In a few hours I am likely getting kicked out. My parents have threatened to call the cops and have them take me away if I don't leave willingly by morning. What do I do?
>>
Finding a place to stay (temporary if you can't pay rent) and employment should be top priority. What is your situation like?
>>
You could kill them both, or you could have them thrown in jail. Call the cops and tell them your parents assaulted you.
>>
I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Do you have any sense of what's going through their heads? I'm not saying their reasons are good -they probably aren't- but they may hold a clue as to how to get out of this.
>>
>white people problems
Why do your parents want to kick you out ?
>>
>>16653885
since you're a minor they can't just kick you out. 17 is that age where you feel like an adult and people start treating you like one but legally speaking you're still a child.

you should have called the police when he hit you
>>
>>16653850
>My parents have threatened to call the cops and have them take me away if I don't leave willingly by morning.

kek, you're 17. That's not how that works. They have to provide for you or else the cops haul them away.
>>
>>16653866
Yeah, cause that's how it works to get ppl into jail, lmao
>>
>>16653869

>high on the smell of your own farts
>>
>>16653885
So let's get the facts straight.
You're a minor being threatened to get kicked out if the house by your parents. You're golden on that front they legally cant pick you out.

Your dad instigated and hit you. You hit him back in self defence and they're threatening YOU with cops?

Your dad has abused you before, you said you were scared of him. THEY should be scared of cop calls, not you
>>
>>16653850
stay and have them evict you , you live there they cant just kick you out.
>>
They can't kick you out at 17.

Even if you were 18,19, etc, you're still guaranteed tenant rights, and you have a month before you can actually be kicked out.
>>
Thank you for all the answers. I feel a bit calmer now.
>>
>>16653850

you could always call adult protective services. Now home is yours.
>>
>>16654036
no problem anon, I hope your situation improves in the future.

Do you have any plans for what you're going to do once you graduate from high school?
>>
>>16653850
Went through a similar thing recently, 19, Managed to temporarily work it out by just sucking up to cunt mothers narcissistic bullshit. Its not going to last long but hoping it buys me enough time to figure out what to do next. Good luck OP, best thing to do is try and get some kind of regular income and prepare for the inevitable.
>>
Quit being a bitch and pave your own way in life, faggot.
>>
File: 1385306491598.png (54 KB, 369x217) Image search: [Google]
1385306491598.png
54 KB, 369x217
>>16653885
>>
>>16654509
Dud go fuck yourself, u the same niga reporting all the comunity on this board
>>
>>16653850

OP shit sucks, I (20) ended up homeless in california because my crazy aunt was my boss and refused to pay me even though I made her like 60,000$ in the 6 months I was there. I had a second job that ended up being my only one. My advice is to keep the bare minimum, here was my pack list after I threw everything away

>1 Duffel Bag
>1 Backpack
>7 boxers
>2 dress shirts
>2 pairs slacks
>1 pair sweats
>5 plain t-shirts
>2 pairs of pants
>1 sweater
>1 winter jacket
>1 comb
>(200ml?) hair gel
>1 body wash
>1 shampoo&conditioner
>50 ml cologne
>1 deodorant
>1 box of tissues
>1 laptop
>1 Laptop charger
>1 cellphone
>1 Multivitamin
>1 Handheld flashlight
>1 Laundry bag
>The smallest bottle of detergent I could find
>1 box dryer sheets
>1 Camera
>1 tripod
>1 sketchbook
>3 pairs of shoes

I slept in my car, I used money from my job to pay bills and for a gym membership where I showered, did my hair, changed clothes. I have pretty expensive clothes and had a tailor so I wasn't worried about their construction but you don't need to wash them everyday. I kept my wardrobe in the duffel bags, folding everything at the laundromat. I would go to coffee shops and try to find a place to sit (which is hell in SV because they are so overcrowded I would go to 2 or 3 before finding a place) just to charge your phone and apply to jobs on my laptop. My phone was my alarm clock, I'd put it airplane mode to keep the battery from draining to quickly. Nobody knew I was homeless so you'll be okay, it wasn't hard. I guess keep a journal, write about 3 POSITIVE things that have occured at the end of each day, exercise, try to touch people (hugs, pat as you say hi, playful push, etc..) I also read a bit, I did it before but get a library card and rent books. Put your spare key in your shoe so if you get locked out you aren't fucked. I think I covered everything, you will prolly be allright.
>>
>>16655052
>>16653850

I forgot, keep your passport, laptop, pens, and books in your backpack and never leave them, you go to the bathroom? take it with you, going to get food? take it with you. Don't let it leave your sight, if you need to leave it behind, put it in your trunk, lock your doors.
>>
>>16655052
You're a hero, but I don't think everybody owns a car.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.