[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is empathy dead? It seems like everyone is either a psychopathic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: CormacMcCarthy_BloodMeridian.jpg (30 KB, 229x350) Image search: [Google]
CormacMcCarthy_BloodMeridian.jpg
30 KB, 229x350
Is empathy dead?

It seems like everyone is either a psychopathic nationalist conservative or a hypocritical egocentric liberal.

Maybe I just don't have any friends and spend too much time here but it seems like the world is progressing towards being a giant Machiavellian arena
>>
>>16647006
>Maybe I just don't have any friends and spend too much time here

ya think?

you really think the shitposters here are real people? representative of the entire fucking world? you're so fucking retarded you belong here with us.
>>
>>16647006
Maybe you should catch a bullet to your head? That'd be the best solution imo
>>
>>16647006
>Is empathy dead?
Empathy is alive and well. Perhaps too much so, even. What seems to be dead is the skill of knowing when, how, and to what degree to apply it.
>>
Wew I'll trade you. Drives me up a wall going through Facebook feed: 'a bloobloo some family died' 'oh no pray for such n such'. Then it comes up in conversation and you have to pretend you feel the same, or skirt around the topic.

You're definitely just spending too much time on 4chan. People are as needlessly empathetic as ever.
>>
Leftists are mentally ill, but being a right-wing conservative just means that you're a balanced and rational human being. If you were emotionally healthy, you'd realise that.
>>
>>16647006
yeah it's dead, i don't care about you so i'm not going to bother writing anything more in this post... you'd be surprised how many people feel just like you because of all the mainstream shit and immature people. there's many more of us than you could imagine, and by us i include myself with you as having empathy
>>
Pretty much, yes. But it's not without value to develop empathy all the same. It'll serve you well.
>>
>I just don't have any friends
Yep. It's extremely common for people who are lonely, have social phobia or avoidant personality disorder to have that sort of a worldview.

>>16647021
>>16647044
I don't think those cases are actual empathy. Just people attempting to let everyone know what a great person they are. Like the whole French flag bullshit.
>>
>>16647098
To be fair I can't discern the difference between 'actual empathy' and 'make me look good' empathy, imo they're the same thing - but that's a whole other topic. Either way, I don't think people in general are 'less empathetic' than they ever were before, as OP fears.
>>
>>16647006
I'm a conservative and have a few liberal friends. Perhaps you're full of yourself.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.