[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you been in a relationship with a significant age
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: large.jpg (38 KB, 413x640) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
38 KB, 413x640
Have any of you been in a relationship with a significant age gap? What was your experience like? Is there something inherently wrong with dating someone much older/younger or is it just bullshit social stigma? What's the largest age gap you'd accept?
>>
In HS I was in a relationship with this guy, I was 17 he was 24. I was comfortable with it so we're both our parents.
>>
Currently yes. 21 and 29.

>my experience
Interpersonally it's fine, we get along and I like the older dynamic because I love learning. We have a lot of crossover of interests that age doesn't interfere (i.e. interest in the sciences etc)
Nobody so far commented on our age difference. They comment on other things, moderatly unrelated to age though (he's got a solid career in EE and I'm still working at McDonald's doing uni and that makes many of his friends/family uncomfortable)
The other problems I'll list
● more well travelled/experienced than me, so not much is surprising or new to him compared to me.
● Fear that maybe he only subconsciously likes me because I'm 21 and that's like a prime female age or something lol
● His concerns are more advanced in life, i.e. he's already looking into buying a house and I still haven't even moved out of my parents yet!

>something inherently wrong
Nope, just things get complicated with the things listed above. I think if the age gap were any much bigger though then it'd become almost separate generations. I'm lucky I'm technically the cusp on the same generation as him. So I don't believe it's all stigma.

>Largest gap
I thought 3 years either way was the largest gap but here I am now lol....
>>
>>16643921
why are 24 y/o's creeping on 17 y/o's?
your parents must have been either delusional, didn't care, or just plain stupid
>>
I'm 31 and the last girl I dated was 21. Most of the girls I've been interested in lately are around that age. I don't think I'd date younger than that but mostly because sometimes I'll feel insecure at the age difference. My friends think it's cool though.
>>
OP here. It looks like the largest gap is about 10 years, what about a 20 year difference? Does that sound insane?
>>
>>16643961

You say that as if a 17 year old is a child and not someone on the cusp of moving out on their own
>>
>>16643983
50 and 30 is a lot more acceptable than 20 and 40 I think. Just because of the places people are expected to be at at those ages
>>
>>16643983

Not insane, just not a good idea

From completely different generations and walks of life. Both in completely different life stages

As one partner is hitting their middle ages and just losing their youth, the other one will already be an old decaying skeleton
>>
>>16643950

I wouldnt worry about the prime age thing

Prime female age is like 16-18, 21 year old girls have already passed it

Prime guy age is like 23-25
>>
>>16643983
I'm 25 and my husband is 40. We are both on the same level mentally/emotionally/spiritually. That's really all that matters in relationships. Love is love. If there is such a thing as a soulmate he is mine.
>>
>>16643891
My dad is 10 years older than my mother.
It feels really weird to think that when he was 18 she was 8...
But other than that, they work really well together.

(tough I woudn't want that kind of relashionship)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.