[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so I've been working at my job for two years, and the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: connect1.jpg (44 KB, 500x411) Image search: [Google]
connect1.jpg
44 KB, 500x411
so I've been working at my job for two years, and the first six months I was on probationary wages (-25%)

yesterday a fresh faced young man got a job where I work, and was taken off probationary wages in two weeks

I am not sure if this was a special favour to him, or if I have been made a fool of
from what I gather my co-workers did 6 months like me, and it's the kind of thing can't ask about directly.

I'm not sure what I should do, either way I can't bear that kind of professional insult

>just get a new job anon
that is one option, but I have invested two years worth of work in the one I have, and it would be a terrible thing to have to do
>>
>>16641411
>I'm not sure what I should do, either way I can't bear that kind of professional insult

Why not? You're making a personal issue out of something that is not personal. You're defeating yourself here.
>>
File: 03empress.png (808 KB, 900x1268) Image search: [Google]
03empress.png
808 KB, 900x1268
Does it really fucking mater what someone else is making? What great injustice as been done to you? If you think you should be paid more for the work you're doing now, ask for a raise. Otherwise just shut up with this petty complaining.
>>
>>16641453
it is personal because the boss has through his actions demonstrates that the new guy is more valuable than I was

he didn't mean it as an insult, but there is an underlying issue here that I can't leave undressed

either he doesn't recognize my value
he thinks he doesn't have to reward me for what I do
or I am not as valuable as the new guy
>>
>>16641456
it would amount to several thowsand dollars, it's not petty anon

and I would ask for a raise, but it's onlt an issue in the present for the new guy
for me it's retrospective

I can hardly asked for backpay for 6 months less two weeks can I?
>>
Honestly, I would just ask it straight to their faces. They took him off in two weeks, you six months. It's a perfectly valid question to ask why.
>>
File: back.png (980 KB, 900x1260) Image search: [Google]
back.png
980 KB, 900x1260
>>16641464

That's not the way it works. The way you're looking at it is fundamentally wrong. If you thought you were worth more at the time, you should have asked to be taken off sooner. It's not this new guys fault for being taken off sooner. Maybe your boss really does view him as better, or maybe the prohibitionary period has been changed.

If you're getting paid the same now for the exact same amount of work you literally can't complain about it. If you think you're worth MORE to the company now, ask for a raise. Your acting like a child about this.
>>
>>16641479
you should learn some manners anon, this isn't /b/

I am getting paid the same now, but I was not in the past, and this is the issue

you do not earn a raise simply by asking for it, one either deserves to be paid a full wage or they do not
if I was worth a full wage I shouldn't have had to ask to have got it
and if he was not worth a full wage, he shouldn't have got it even if he did ask
>>
>>16641477
indeed it's a valid question to ask
but if I do ask what will that achieve?

the boss could recognise the inequity of what he did and lower my coworkers wage (very undesirable)

he could be angry I asked, angry I knew in the first place, angry he caused this problem by not treating his staff equally
(undesirable)

but I doubt he would offer me anything in the way of compensation, because logically if I deserved any, so would the bulk of my co-workers
>>
>>16641496

I wasn't even bad in my reply. Go ask your boss then or ask this new coworker. Being passively aggressive bitter at him is childish behavior plain and simple. Do you really want to demand that someone else makes less money? I'm just confused on what you want the end result of this to be.
>>
>>16641514
OP is fairly narcissistic, possibly pathologically. fun to see in the wild. checkaroony
>>
>>16641514
in he end i want my boss to show more respect for me at work

I don't care what this other guy makes, I care that I wasn't making it.

he demands a lot of me relative to my co-workers, and relies on me a lot

a lot of what I do it clearly in the above any beyond department, but I'm being taken for granted
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.