[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be me >Be in 4th year of university >Spend 10+ hours/day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: pepe_pepsi.jpg (20 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
pepe_pepsi.jpg
20 KB, 160x160
>Be me
>Be in 4th year of university
>Spend 10+ hours/day on computer browsing/watching youtube vids/programming/drinking alone
>Probably have avoidant personality disorder and anhedonia
>Only real human interaction is with the occasional craigslist girl
>Feel like I'm losing my sanity due to social isolation, but at the same time don't like talking to people

Anybody else been there? Please advise
>>
File: Aznswag.jpg (59 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Aznswag.jpg
59 KB, 500x500
>>16641096
Simpler answer would be talk to more people, be it online or offline at least thats a good start
>>
>>16641088
Are you in prison?
No, faggot, you're not.

Go the fuck outside and quit assburger diagnosing yourself. You'll feel better once you do
>>
>>16641088
Why don't you like talking with people? Do you feel you don't relate to them or are you afraid they might hurt you emotionally?
>>
Well, fuck me, just read the wikipedia page of avoidant personality disorder, never have I identified with any kind of social disorders until now.
>>
>>16641274
There's a fear component.

But mainly it's because conversation is difficult and forced. Especially with guys or girls I'm not interested in.
It's a lot of
>So what's your major?
>Oh electrical engineering.. cool.
end of conversation

At least with girls I can tease them and flirt but with guys it feels like a job interview. I think it has to do with anhedonia (inability to feel pleasure). Imagine trying to have a conversation when there's nothing in life that gets you excited.

I haven't laughed in years. I do a facsimile of a laugh to be polite when someone tries to be funny but never a genuine laugh
>>
>>16641096
>>16641114
op probably doesnt know what the fuck to do once hes outside tho
>>
>>16641406
They're just dumb normies whose only advice is "just be a normie lol :p" as always.
Any real advice here?
>>
>>16641088
1. Go to meeting places for your interests. Conventions, touraments, meetups, whatever.
2. Start conversations, it doesnt matter if you're socially retarded. You just have to keep starting conversations until you find someome cool.
3. Gain a reputation.
>>
>>16641376
Talk about interest, like get into societies maybe or some shit like that. Anyway, also applied for electrical engineering how is it anon?
>>
>>16641088
Oh god, been there done that. You need a social hobby.
I found a D&D group to join. Every week I spend two hours talking to people. Bought me back a lot of sanity points, and I can even go to parties now.

So you need to find something similar. Clubs are great because it automatically gives you a topic of conversation no matter what.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.