[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do girls want in a guy, reasonably? For some reason, I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 500x284
What do girls want in a guy, reasonably? For some reason, I'm not exactly hitting it off with girls. I recently asked on out, and she rejected me after leading me on for three months, just to validate herself. I don't want to fall into these traps of getting used again.
>>
If you like the girl, give her an opening.

Girls like to think that they have power over guys.
>>
>>16640937
An openeing? Any suggestions?
>>
>>16640937
This its like a dance. You give a little, they give you some back
>>
>>16640942
Spend a bit more time with her, be more casually interesting for her but not to the point of her writing you off.

>>16640944
It takes two to tango
>>
>>16640942
>Get an ice cube
>Walk up to woman
>Throw ice on floor
>Ice is broken
or
>Find woman
>Walk up to woman
>Ask her what material she thinks your shirt is
>She might say cotton or something
>You say..boyfriend material
thats all I have
>>
>>16640945
The missile is prepped up Capt. Pegasus!

Pinpoint the coordinates!!
>>
>>16640955
>Prepped up
>>
>>16640947
Gotcha, I'll abandon ship if I get nothing in return.
>>16640949
Fucking genius. Using these tomorrow.
>>
>>16640967
Target locked.

EEMP********EEMP**********EEMP

CAPTAIN! THE RADIATORS ARE LEAKING!

THE BASE IS ABOUT TO BLOW!!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
>>16640982
Snek

SNEEK
>>
>>16640927
What do guys want in a girl?

Each person is different. Be nice, don't be weird, see how that works.
>>
>>16641007
>don't be weird

JB pls

Even weirdness comes in different forms

Being normal is a myth
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 365x205) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 365x205
>>16641007
That led to me being "maybe'd" by a girl three times in a row. Whilst it was my first experience, it still was disgusting and unbearable. She didn't tale me seriously and ended up fawning over another guy.
Mfw she is constantly looking at me, following me, and trying to get my attention now, but can't even say a fucking word to me.
>>
>>16641023
Your pic seems like you're basking in the glory of virginity.
>>
>>16641026
I am. 3DPD
>>
>>16641030
iktf
>>
>>16641007
>don't be weird
Normal in my social circle is weird in others, and vice versa.
>>
There is no universal answer to the question of what women want in a man. In this day and age, the simplest answer that is in any way close to universal is probably "someone she can count on to help her protect herself from the people and things she can't handle alone".

This wording is relatively new. Even a few genrations ago, "help her protect herself" would have been "protect her". But times change, and this is probably the most recent of those changes. Of note, also, is that the answer I've given is still perhaps too simple. There are still many implications and aspects that should be called out in particular, especially in a place like this.

- She wants a man who isn't going to turn psycho on her, even if things end badly. He can't help protect her if he becomes one of the things she needs help protecting herself from.
- She wants a man that she doesn't have to finish raising. This goes back to dependability: if he's going to help her protect herself, he has to be competent to do so.
- She wants a man who doesn't ignore her. Again, competency: he has to know when help is needed.
- She wants a man who won't leave when someone hotter comes along. He can't help if he's not there.
>>
Let me tell you what she wants. She wants you to have some balls and tell her straight to her eyes that you love her.

Having said that, life is short. Fuck her in the car.

And dump her right after, as a mark of dominance. That's how real men do kiddo !

Trust me, i have big balls.
>>
What one girl wants could be completely different to what another girl wants.

My typical 'checklist' for a partner is:
>the same or similar sense of humour. They need to be able to make me laugh, and often. Even just messing around being idiots together is good
>the same or similar level of intelligence (book smart and street smart)
>attractiveness. Call me shallow but I can't fall for someone who isn't attractive to me
>sense of style
>sexual chemistry. If we don't have any chemistry or aren't sexually compatible, then I won't date you
>some similar tastes/hobbies/passions/goals. This could be from music and movies, to similar life goals
>ability to cook a decent meal. This might be weird or uncommon, but I always love it when my significant other is good in the kitchen
>likes to have a good time aka drinks and does drugs sometimes, basically someone who I can get wasted/high with and who will be fun when that happens
>someone who listens to me and understands that I have days where I'll love them more than anything, and days when I'll be a complete bitch to them. I want someone who will love me despite my faults, but will encourage me and help me be a better person

That may be a big list, but it's certainly not uncommon for a lot of girls to want some/all/more of what's on it.

And its definitely not unattainable, as everything on that list and more is exactly what I've found in my bf of 2 years, and I didn't even know that I wanted half of that list until I found those things in him when I fell in love with him.

But every girl is different, some just want a guy who will treat her well, others want a guy with a good education and a good job. It all depends on the girl.
>>
>>16641280
Not op but are you happy with him, though? I just want to find a gril who I can be happy with, and who is happy with me

And does he really meet all your requirements?
>>
>>16641743
I'd say so.

We have a lot of issues that have happened over the last 2 years we've been together, and we're both (at least I am) trying to work past them, but I think I am happy with him. It's mainly just our history that causes problems, but every couple has problems eventually.

We have fun together, the sex is incredible, and we're so in love with each other; we want to get married and have a family.

And yes. He really does meet all my requirements, like I said, I didn't even realise I wanted half of that list in someone until I fell in love with him, which was basically as soon as we met.

You'll find someone anon, don't give up on that.
>>
>>16641071
I told the previous girl straight that I liked her, that's how I finally got rejected. Again, first experience, but I have no idea.
>>
>>16642387
You make it sound like you instantly told her that you like her and much later got shot down.
>>
>>16640927
>she rejected me after leading me on for three months
Your mistake here is that you let her lead you on for three months.
>>
>>16642503
No, I simply asked her out twice to go do something with me, and she said "yes" but never followed through. Eventually I told her I liked her after 3 months and she said she didn't feel the same. Fuck me.
>>16642511
Indeed it was my bad. Firsts are firsts however.
>>
>>16642999
You'll be fine. Ask out lots of girls, use Tinder if you have to. It's a number's game, I got lucky on the third girl in one month, and I was a kissless virgin until yesterday.
>>
>>16643027
Wow, did you even lower your standards? I'm still very young, but all of my peers are doing far better than I am.
>>
Everything. What they need is unique to each girl and can't be summarized, but what they want is everything.

Don't you want everything from a girl?
>>
>>16643072
desu I just need companionship and someone who looks nice and listens to me. Other than that, she can be herself.
>>
>>16643050
I didn't, not really. I just went in there with an open mind and acceptance of the possibility of failure. I'm happier for it.
>>
>>16643106
Will seriously do this, many thanks.
>>
>>16643094
Yeah except your unspoken concept of "herself" is a person who's put together. Just pay attention over the course of a week to all of the little things about people which don't sit well with you. Now imagine if a good looking girl offered you companionship and attention but had most or all of those qualities which you don't like. But it's okay because you got those few things right? Wrong. Those may be what you need but I promise you that you want a well-adjusted person. That is not at all something you can take for granted. Men and women alike want everything in others. Every aspect which falls short of that is another obstacle and no one wants obstacles.
>>
>>16643146
So what do I do? It's not like I really have anything wrong with me.
>>
>>16643155
The philosophy of kaizen. Every time you pick something up, every time you take an action--or even take no action at all--take a fraction of a second to consider whether you're doing it the best way you know how. Be constantly mindful of yourself. It starts from the very first moment you wake up in the morning. Is that the time you should be waking up? Did you get enough sleep? Should you go to bed earlier and use the morning for something more fulfilling like exercise or recreation?

Bear in mind that I'm not saying there's necessarily anything wrong. I'm also not suggesting that you live up to anyone else's standards, or base your life around impressing others. I'm asking you to take everything in your life, good or bad, and be honest with yourself. If you know better, do better. It's not a great challenge because you already know how to live up to your own peak. It's simply a matter of choosing to do it.

It turns out that making this into a lifestyle habit makes for some amazing people. Happy people, too. You'll be secure in yourself and your standards by learning how to always pursue what you know to be right. People can't use you if you have the confidence to say "No, I know better than to do that."
>>
>>16643184
I feel as though i already am super aware, since I am really paranoid, but I'll try to be even more aware. Thanks.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.