[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to stop circuit breaker switches
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: circuit-breakers.jpg (50 KB, 556x800) Image search: [Google]
circuit-breakers.jpg
50 KB, 556x800
My mom does this really annoying thing that when I don't listen to her, she shuts down the electricity in my room (which has my computer) with the circuit breaker and locks the basement.

Does anyone know to to stop circuit breaker switches?
>>
Start listening to your mother, you little shit.
>>
lmao
put of lock on the panel so she cant access it.
>>
If you're outright ignoring your mother, the best solution is to stop.
>>
>>16640483
>>16640476
This. Bypassing a circuit breaker is dead simple. If you're too dumb to figure that out, you're too dumb to bypass parental discretion.
>>
>>16640488
Bypassing a circuit breaker is dangerous and might cause an electrical fire.
>>
>>16640488
if you really think that, then you should just stick to lying about your income on 4chinz
>>
>>16640476
>>16640483
This. And children aren't allowed on 4Chan honey. Congratulations for making the most immature post I've seen all day.
>>
Your mother is fucking brilliant, OP. I'm going to have to remember this in case I ever have kids who grow up to be shithead NEETs. And I say this as someone who was on that path once.
>>
>>16640501
>>16640524
There is nothing dangerous about doing it properly. I'm not going into detail as not to encourage OP. Rewiring machinery was one of my first tasks as an industrial mechanic because it was one of the least dangerous tasks available to me as a 16 year old.
>>
>>16640465
Make an extra key for the basement. Or buy a generator for your cage. Most importantly, don't mess with electricity if you have no idea what you're doing.
>>
>>16640546
Suppose the little dweeb short circuits his parents house? Or ends up rigging it by mistake and when his mommy goes to switch off the power she becomes vaporized?
>>
>>16640465
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdQR7-Ap6YQ
>>
>>16640567
>she becomes vaporized
That's not how mains works. Not at all.
>>
>>16640587
Crispy is almost vaporized.
>>
>>16640602
Not even 220VAC causes arc burns.
>>
>>16640546
Of course it CAN be done properly. You can find everything you need to know about the wiring side in the first couple chapters of the Manga Guide to Electricity (no, really; they don't spell it out for you, but it's all there). Local building codes require a somewhat more advanced reading level, but they're a matter of public record. The rest is just a matter of buying the tools and wire, reading the instruction manuals, cutting holes in the wall in the right places, installing new panels, wiring things up safely, patching over the holes, repainting the wall, and praying for the paint to dry and the fumes to dissipate before Mommy gets home.

I am not saying this to encourage OP, but to discourage him. This is going to take way more time, money, and work than he will put in. He won't even do it improperly, much less properly.

Besides, I want to see the look on his mother's face when he's having another one of his tantrums, she cuts the breaker, and suddenly the Manga Guide to Electricity gets delivered to their door. That day is going to be comedy gold, I tell you.
>>
>>16640605
220 volts is about 2.3 amps, .030 amps can kill someone. I would assume they'd become burnt from the electricity even after it shut down the body.
>>
Get a back up battery and it should hel. Start listening to your mother maybe she let you hit it from behind
>>
>>16640647
What the fuck are they doing? Putting probes directly into their chest cavity? Don't pass a current through your heart and you'll be fine.
>>
>>16640465
>>16640476
>>16640479
>>16640483
>>16640488
>>16640501
>>16640524
>>16640540
>>16640543
>>16640546
>>16640560
>>16640567
>>16640581
>>16640587
>>16640602
>>16640605
>>16640627
>>16640647
>>16640719
>>16640762
OP here.

I have found a solution. I just super glued the door to the circuit breaker, and all the switches on the circuit breaker. It's worked, I've locked my door and have been playing Counter-Strike peacefully for the last two hours.
>>
>>16641017
1/10
>>
>>16641017
T-minus 2 hours to Mommy buying a crowbar, which she will later make her son pay for, to open the breaker panel. Making him pay for a new panel, including installation, would be even better. More props if the new panel can be padlocked.

I still say she's brilliant. But perhaps I would change one thing in her plan: instead of locking the basement, juat wait by the panel. All he has to do to turn the breaker back on is come out of his room and do it himself, but he can't do that without encountering her, and he WILL listen to her on the way to do that.
>>
>>16641017
>and all the switches on the circuit breaker
Oh, wait. Holy shit; you glued the switches too?

You're a dead man, OP. At that point, she really is going to need a new panel, AND new breakers to go with it.

In her position, OP, I would sell your computer to pay for all this. And I would keep cameras trained on you, with an active threat to YouTube the video if you did anything the Internet might find interesting. You are clearly not ready to have a computer of your own.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.