[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travelled abroad to met a girl I met online
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: IMG-20160101-WA0003.jpg (107 KB, 966x1288) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160101-WA0003.jpg
107 KB, 966x1288
I travelled to turkey to meet a girl I was speaking to online I was close with. I'm 26 and she is 20. While we were together we were like boyfriend and girlfriend and I could tell that she has really fallen for me however on the 2nd day she broke down in tears and said that it would be better for us to be friends and tells me I'm her best friend. When I told her that she could change her wallpaper (which was a picture of me ) and my name she started crying again. Something tells me she has feelings for me and she kept saying that she must look like a child to me and kept beating herself down. When it got close to me leaving she told me to not wait for her and was crying alot. She wants to meet me again but says i am her best friend but we could stand for hours just looking at each other and holding hands. Her dream is to come to Ireland and I am so confused about everything because of mixed feelings, something about her tells me that she could be the one but cultural differences seem to be an issue. What should I do or think? Here's a picture of us together.
>>
>>16639555
She honestly sounds crazy, Anon

It will be far less heartache to move on and find someone in Ireland. Irish girls are great anyway
>>
>>16639555
Did you tell her these things you're telling us?
>>
Someone's rocking your dreamboat
>>
The cultural differences really will be the biggest hurdle, like you said. Turkey is very un-Western - different values, different approach to life. She's a cutie patootie, sure, but I think if you keep talking with her you should ask her how she really feels about you. Maybe she's just disappointed and trying to let you down easy, I don't know, or maybe she does really like you. Talk to her about this.
>>
She knows all this because we talked about it and she would say I love my bestie. I asked her if she was disappointed with me and was that the reason and she said no. But we are still talking and we are going to meet again. but whenever we talked about she would say I hope so and I am not sure if she thinks I will get with other girls because it is acceptabl in Turkey for men to have multiple girlfriends
>>
I meant she said I hope so when we talked about meeting again, but seemed uncertain. Her sisters insisted I would join them too
>>
>>16639622
There is a time and place for being 'alpha', but in this situation, there wouldn't necessarily be anything wrong with saying "until you've decided where you'd like things to go, I've no intention of getting with any other women"... If you really did want to ride it to it's death (or life)
>>
Well, she said her dream country is Ireland and she wants to come here. I would wait for her because I really felt something special but she said that her friends and family said it would be selfish of her to expect me to wait
>>
She looks younger than you.
Its super werd that she has a wallpaper of you.
She sounds nutsooooo
>>
>>16639681
OP, enjoy what you have with this girl and if you think it's worth it, reflect upon it and give your best.
>>
As a Turkish guy who lived 24 years in Turkey and left the country to live in an European country, I am saying this:

It would be best if you stay away from her. She is just using you to travel/live in Europe and believe me there are lots of girls in Turkey doing this just to get a citizenship or live/travel in an European country. You would be amazed how much they would go to get what they want.

I know a girl who married an European guy for more than 8-9 years and dumped his ass after she gets her citizenship and now together with a different European guy. Crazy, right?

Just move on and try to date someone close to you. Someone who truly cares for you not just for her material purposes.
>>
>>16639681
Tell yourself a period of time that you'd be happy to wait as of this very moment

Write that date in your diary
When it arrives, if she still hasn't made any solid decisions, call it a day (and that doesn't mean postpone the date because she's a little more sure than she is now)
>>
>>16639701
you don't know OP's girl. not every turkish girl is the same. of course, she might be like that, so OP should still be careful.
>>
To be honest I have had a few girlfriends but this girl has never had a boyfriends because she knew that Turkish boys cheated easily and doesn't trust them. Irish girls are nice but hard to trust when they get drunk. We fell for each others personalities and I thought when we met she wouldn't like me but it was the complete opposite. You ever have those moments when you look into a girls eyes and all you see is her and over an hour passes by without you realizing it? we shared one of those moments. We left smiling at each other and we still talk and compliment each other though we call each other best friends. I felt when I was with her that she is the one and she kept saying she wished she was in the same university with me. When she cried I told her that it wasn't the end but a beginning and she smiled. She seemed to humble and kind to screw me over
>>
To me, it sounds like she likes you so much that she's terrified of all the ways that your relationship could go wrong. And there are a lot of ways it could, being so long distance. But it sounds like you handled the situation as well as you could. She should feel better with time, as her trust in you and your relationship builds.

Those saying "she's just crazy" apparently don't know what feelings are. Those folks be dumb.
>>
I am 6 years older, but she only ever said that I must like a child to her because I have a degree and i'm gaing good status at work. but unless she really says otherwise, I can wait three years
>>
>>16639775
Ok, like the turkish anon >>16639701, my experience with most middle easterners is that they are shady as fuck. Aside from southeast asians, I have never had a group of people just lying to my face as much as middle easterners do. Unless you're family, expect that they're gonna be willing to throw you under a bus. If you go through some bad shit with one without them sticking a knife in your back, you probably have a friend you can count on, but otherwise...

If the family seems to be very friendly to you and encouraging you to hook up with this girl, they may be looking at you as the target for opening the door for the whole family to immigrate.

Crying and saying she's not worthy might be a huge warning and sign of feeling guilt.

Or she may like you and just have a bunch of wacky shit running around in her head. I dunno. Are you done with school? Can you, say, move to and support yourself in Turkey so that you have a chance to have a real relationship with her so see what she's actually like?

Sitting there staring at someone and holding hands is cute and all, but it isn't much of a basis for a relationship, and it certainly isn't a good way to get to know someone.
>>
This situation is weird and crazy and OP is getting bad adv
>>
>>16639832
What is southeast asia?
>>
>>16639832
>middle easterners is that they are shady as fuck.

This with very, very few exceptions. I can say this because I'm middle eastern.

>inb4 kebob
>>
1. I have a science degree and on the way to a big promotion. I make good money as it stands.
2. She has 3 years left in college after this year and studies English language teaching.
3. I met her and she's geniune but she's a muslim.
4. When I said she was a good person she said she wasn't.
5. She said Irish girls are beautiful and not to wait for her.
6. I think she is concerned I would cheat on her and break her heart but I never would.
7. Her family was cold to me at first but they really liked me and took me into their home because my flight got cancelled for two days.
8. We do love each other but distance is tough.
9. She constantly said she wished I was in the university with her
>>
>>16639847
>What is southeast asia?
Oh jeez, you must have gotten that internet service that gives you access to 4chan but not google, bing, yahoo, etc.

>>16639868
Goddamnit now I want some kebabs and hummus.

>>16639899
If she (or her family) are religious and you're not, and won't convert, that greatly limits your possible future together.

Me, I'm kind of a literal guy and take what people tell me about themselves seriously. Why does she say she's not a good person? Might be from insecurity, but I would probably probe that a bit more deeply instead of just assuming it. For that matter, why do you say she's is? Do you know of any particular shining examples of goodness?

I would think rather than just assuming that you're going to cheat and break her heart -- if that's what she expects all men to do -- she's being more pragmatic in realizing that culture and family are going to be a huge obstacle to having a relationship with you. Warming up to the foreign kid your daughter likes is a lot different than accepting that she's going to marry him.

Doesn't really hurt you much to see if you can keep things going, but I think you should try to realize that you can't really get to know someone well via telecommunications or a short visit. What you're getting is a view of them the way they're filtering it to you.
>>
She is Muslim?
I dunno bro
The whole situation sounds hideous congrats to you for having the balls to go oit there thoigh
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.