[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girls all Look / Feel / Act the same - Cannot distinguish them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: Copy--Paste.jpg (102 KB, 700x933) Image search: [Google]
Copy--Paste.jpg
102 KB, 700x933
Definitely not gay.
But never felt 'love'.
Do feel physically attracted to beautiful/hot girls. Yet feel that all girls are similar. They dress the same (it has gotten to the point where I cannot distinguish girls I see regularly and mix them up) and act according to set categories (Slut, Hipster, Nerd, Geek, Works-to-Hard, Daddy Issues...).

I travel a lot and hang with many types of people, so it's not due to lack of diversity.
Just don't feel a special 'aura' which would make me emotionally attached to them.

Yet have to meet a girl about whom I feel that she is special / different / interesting / omg, for more than 2 weeks. Usually I just get bored.

I want to feel that head over heals love, with butterflies in stomach, see no faults beyond rationality etc.

How to feel that?
>>
you haven't found the right girl yet obviously
>>
>>16638935
I used to feel that excitement you're describing but now I feel the same as you do. Women are just people and the vast majority of people are boring and shallow. That's about it, it's a bit depressing once you realize it but you'll just accept it or get lucky and find that one girl who is not that way.
>>
I feel similarly, with thinking they're all the same, the only ones I find at least somewhat interesting are the more tomboyish ones. I don't know how to help though, sorry.
>>
>>16638935
You're asking for a rational course to a completely irrational destination, you realize?
>>
>>16638972
That is the issue. But where does one find those girls?

like art? - hang around artsy people - often irrational and delusional af, if not daddy issues

like girls who are ambitious/work hard? - often boring as fuck / one track mind or selfish

like girl who are warm? - naive or stupid af - live in a dream world

like fashion? - often rich in a bad way / arrogant and self entitled, daddy issues

like grounded/rational girl - nerds, get boring quickly, often ugly don't know how to take care of themselves

.....( you get the idea)....
>>
>>16638988
Then how does one increase the odds of finding that irrationality among 7 billion people?
>>
>>16639012
beggars cant be choosers op
if you get bored with someone easily they're either not the one or you're just not ready
>>
>>16638935
Soon, VR will help you out. It'll help you out to be comfy with your waifu by your side, either just chilling, or, hell, idk, exterminating SJW's or zombie kebabs in a post nuclear wasteland?
>>
>>16639019
I realise that people are not perfect, nobody is and every perceived quality is accompanied by a drawback.

But that is supposed to become immaterial if you find 'that one girl'.

I give everyone a chance, never dismiss any girl i happen to get in a conversation with at clubs/bars/libraries/work etc.
But numbers game doesn't seem to work so far.
>>
>>16639018
lowering standards, always lowering standards
>>
>>16639027
If OP is so easily bored by organic girls, a programmed one will be even worse.
>>
>>16639032
If you have to lower your standards to find "the one" then she's not it.
>>16639031
What you're looking for is someone who has qualities that you appreciate and drawbacks that you can tolerate. That feeling you want doesn't work for more than a few years, you can't ignore someone's flaws forever, it never works out.
>>
>>16639027
>>16639032
I consider myself to have fairly low standards. Physically I have found people attractive who were, int he eyes of others, 6.5/10

It is just that most of the time i find them intuitively boring or even get annoyed.
>>
>>16639038
Yes, even feel this way when watching movies.
(Doesn't mean I cannot appreciate love movies - I really like them)
>>
>>16639048
I always thought that this would be the stance to take. And hanging around the target group(s) would lead to something at some stage.

I consider myself a very well rounded person who can talk about most things, from art to physics and philosophy to the best clubs from Prague to Jakarta.
Maybe that is why everybody seems so flat to me?
>>
>>16639071
See: >>16638975
That's just how 99% of people are, get used to it. You can either continue looking for the one who isn't that way or you can simply accept it and go for someone who is bearable.
>>
>>16638935
OP Here:
What especially bugs me is, that I have difficulties discerning girls I meet regularly. Even if i can, I remember them by a tag (the fat one, the one with the red Burberry scarf, the one always looks down...).

This has become somewhat of a problem lately.
>>
>>16639083
>>go for someone who is bearable

even this has turned out to be quite hard.
I can find people very nice for about up to 2 weeks and than i get annoyed.

I have been able to overcome this ONCE, although I found the girl often frustrating to be around.
She never picked up on (very obvious) flirting and at some stage just turned down the response frequency to bare minimum.
And I didn't feel sad or disappointed, I just felt meh. and moved on.
This is the shit.
>>
I look forward to the possibility of building and customizing my own robot girlfriend.

The future is bright, lads
>>
Spend any length of time with online dating, Tinder especially, and you'll start to see patterns. People have a lot in common with each other whether they are aware of it or not. A big part of it is human nature, a bigger part of it is cultural. There is a lot of homogenization among groups of people because outliers are shunned and looked down upon. It's social survival. Even "outcasts" form groups with other "outcasts" and the homogenization process begins again. The "outcasts" all start looking the same, and shunning people who aren't like them. Just look at Tumblr, "Nerdfighters", and "nerd culture"

People who are truly unique are exceedingly rare.
>>
>>16638935
You're a lucky fuck. There is nothing positive about being enslaved by attraction to women.
>>
>>16639916
I am very much aware of this. In order to survive we have developed a social nature and this social nature leads us to assimilate to a certain extent by mirroring others. Mirror neurons, etc.
But again, I feel that such rationality and over thinking should be easily overcome with real 'love' and 'infatuation'.

It is just very frustrating if one sees others and the media talk about it and not genuinely know how that actually feels. Furthermore i think it is not normal to see people the way I do. I know that I know people, but cannot remember their names. And get girls mixed up with one another (this does not happen with guys).

>>16639923
But isn't that what love is really about? Losing oneself to that one person who makes one feel complete and if whom one can see no flaws?
So I have heard.
>>
>>16638983
Those usually have daddy issues though
>>
Go to Jail for a bit.. then come back to this thread.
>>
>>16639012
I'm just gonna say this in case someone else doesn't, but from a redpill standpoint you have to realize that women don't have to work (as hard if at all) to find an acceptable partner, which means they don't have to go through a couple years of their life working on self improvement and becoming a well rounded person, they just have to show up and look attractive. This means it's going to be tough to find a woman with a decent, well rounded personality, and you'll have to do a lot of sifting and a lot of waiting. Gl hf
>>
>>16641452
It would be very interesting to hear a femanons opinion on this.

But how do people do it? Find a person who give them that feeling, where those things no longer matter?
Are there any practical steps one needs to take to increase the odds?
>>
>>16638935

Growing up helps. When you get older and people start doing what makes them happy rather than just copying media it gets easier to distinguish men and women.
>>
Bumping out of interest.
>>
>>16638935
>and act according to set categories (Slut, Hipster, Nerd, Geek, Works-to-Hard, Daddy Issues...).

Pretty much. Even the hipster and Nerd categories are popular trends and invite a certain mindset. Usually the liberal and cognitive bias attitude. It's very hard to find someone who's themselves and doesn't fall into a certain category.

You'll also tend to find that girls love the type of men that fall into these categories as well, or at least LOOK the part.

It's very hard to find people in general who do not try to fit into a certain demographic. They are by far and large the true outcasts. If you find yourself in this category, you're fucked.
>>
Isn't it common for people to find other people that are parts of cliques desirable?

I'm not sure, please enlighten me on this subject.
>>
Women aren't really people. They can be extremely intelligent but often lack a personality or interests and usually can't think independently.
>>
>>16638935
>Implying people don't see you the same way
Please drop your special snowflake shit
>>
>>16642535
This is called (among many many other things) Ingroup Bias. Google it.
People tend to treat and think more favoursably of people they consider part of their own group. SocPsy 101.

It is very powerful.

>>16642411
People are social beings with needs which in turn lead them to join, adapt and assimilate to certain groups.
We as observers also form Schemas about the outgroup which leads to stereotyping (which is in itself not bad at all - cognitive shortcut)

Groups are in themselves not the problem. They are natural.

It is more an issue of being

1. able to overcome somebodies' imperfection and personally find them 'perfect' for what they are.

2. possibly (in my case) finding a girl which is a melange of many groups, a person diverse in interest and behaviour (not crazy?).
This is what i consider special. Not the fact of NOT falling into a group (as you said then you are fucked), but being an interesting mixture of groups.
>>
I can definitely relate to you mate, I'm not interested in relationships and all girls are the same to me.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.