[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any advice on LDRs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Any advice on LDRs?
>>
Yeah, don't have them.
>>
>>16638524
Yeah, alright, but what if I'm already in one. Any tips on maintaining it? Or is it just a lost cause?
>>
meet in person ASAP
after that, move in together ASAP

being "nevermet" for any length of time will doom you
>>
>>16638527
We've met. We see each other twice a year
>>
>>16638511
Not really LDR but I live in Newcastle and partner lives in Leeds (3 hour drive), get some good things out of it such as everytime you see them youre excited, being in a normal relationship you forget how much you appreciate your partner when you get to see them whenever. When seeing them is more rare you enjoy it more!
>>
File: 1451842992070.gif (1 MB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
1451842992070.gif
1 MB, 750x500
>>16638511
dont do them
>also let me go ahead and fix that fucking gif
>>
File: 1336586561416.jpg (23 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
1336586561416.jpg
23 KB, 569x428
>>16638526
Anytime you see someone remotely attractive walk up to them, stare at them right in the eyes with enthusiastic intent, stick your hand (left or right, it don't matter) down your crouch, and start stroking your dick while growling like Chewbacca. This will prevent you from ever being with another woman.
>>
>>16638511
Make a plan for the future. Are you planning to move in together? Are you fine with just being at a long distance? See each other regularly. I'd also suggest moving together as soon as possible.

Without a plan for the future you're just clinging together for lack of better partnership in the vicinity which means that your relationship status can change at any given moment.
>>
>>16638562
I have graduate schoolwork I'm working on finishing, we're planning on moving closer together once that's done. Could be anywhere between 2-4 years before we won't be long distance anymore.
>>
Don't!
>>
1) Be serious. LDRs are inherently unsuitable for casual relationships, because they are no fun. I'm not saying you need to go ring-shopping just yet, but if the thought of getting married to your partner doesn't hold some major appeal, then don't try an LDR.
2) Set a date when you will be together again, once and for all. The distance in LDRs needs to have a definitive end, and that end must be in sight. If you cannot set an exact date, then at least be aware of exactly what has to happen before you can set one (graduating from college, finishing a military deployment, etc).
3) Talk with your partner about boundaries: what you are and are not allowed to do, together and separately. Be as explicit as you have to; leave nothing open to interpretations or assumptions that can be mistaken. Broken boundaries kill relationships dead, even when there is no distance; in an LDR, they're even worse.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.