[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As a 24 year old man who finally has a job that will allow him
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
As a 24 year old man who finally has a job that will allow him to move out of his parent's house...what are the pros/cons of getting an apartment or buying a house?
>>
Obviously, I'll have to live with my parents a while longer if I choose the buying a house route...and if so, should I save up until I can buy a house for its full price rather than paying it off as a monthly fee?
>>
Renting comes with a lot of bullshit but you can move around. Buying a house is forever.
>>
The house option fully paid is obviously a good financial move but it would take some time living with your parents and working to be able to pull that off.
>>
>>16638152
Apartment means you pay a little more a month fpor rent. In theory you don't have to worry about shit breaking like furnace because landlord will fix. In practice, this varies from landlord to landlord. Use internet to research place and person.

Owning a home means a slightly reduced month to month cost typically for comparable living space. You must maintain your home and invest in it. Things will break eventually. Develop home improvement skills or prepare to shell out tons of cash.
>>
>>16638152
Crawl before you walk. Rent for a while to get used to being on your own, while learning more about the benefits and hassles of owning.
>>
File: 1447744882898.jpg (44 KB, 403x663) Image search: [Google]
1447744882898.jpg
44 KB, 403x663
Rent first. You need experience with real estate and 20% of the purchase price before you can buy.
>>
you can also rent a house
it also depends entirely on your situation

purchasing a house is something I would see as beneficial if you have no other choice: you're staying in the area longer than 5 years (a lot longer preferably), you got your retarded girlfriend pregnant and she won't abort, you've got a lot of cash saved up

I would personally continue living with your parents
I move back in with my parents after college and will not leave until they kick me out
>>
>>16638358
>I move back in with my parents after college and will not leave until they kick me out
yeah, but you've also never had an orgasm while you weren't wearing one of your moms, bras, so...
>>
>>16638362
so you want to spend all of your income on living separately so you can have sex

that's your goal in life
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.