[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
well just got denied a job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: ahhno.jpg (4 KB, 233x216) Image search: [Google]
ahhno.jpg
4 KB, 233x216
Went on a job interview a week or so ago.
It would be the second time I have applied as I have interviewed with them and had the same outcome. I received a letter saying blah blah thanks for applying but due to the large number or applicants we have decided not to hire you or something. Thing is...idk why...im more than qualified.Not to sound like some ass but from what I saw in the waiting room...I should have been hired, everyone else was so unprofessional...post about times that you should have gotten the job..but didnt.
>>
>>16636530
A lot of times, places only hire because they legally have to, but... a lot of times, they already have a candidate pre-chosen.
>>
>>16636538
insightful ...thanks
>>
>>16636530

Qualification isn't the only reason you get hired. There are a lot of elements, like how you fit with the team. Sometimes that matters more than anything - and you sound a bit arrogant.
>>
>>16636550
Thats the part that bothered me most.
the hree peopple sitting next to me consisted of..
A guy wearing earrings to a fucking interview
A guy didn't speak any English..not even enough to fill out a job application...also bitching about how many papers we have to fill.
and the guy who was eating a fucking bagel complaining about how long we are waiting
>>
"...im more than qualified"

being more than qualified can actually make you less likely to get the job in some situations

instead of thinking "i should have gotten the job", it might be good to yourself to know the actual reason you didn't get it
>>
>>16636567
This makes no sense.
Being qualified for the position makes me unqualified?
>>
>>16636563

It doesn't sound like you were applying for the highest level gig... maybe you should reevaluate how you came off? What job was this?
>>
>>16636574
Without going into details it was NOT the highest level gig...it required some college, and the application said nothing about experience being anything important...although they did bring that up during the interview. I have qualified for higher level gigs in the same field , but this one was not interested twice...Im not even that mad..on to the next one.
>>
>>16636573
open your mind dude

http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/2013/07/31/why-employers-dont-want-to-hire-overqualified-candidates
>>
>>16636588
meh this is unfortunate . I really could have grown to like this position and looked forward to alot of the fun stuff i could get to do...their loss i guess
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.