[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>heard from three or more people (including my fucking mom)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
>heard from three or more people (including my fucking mom) that my gf seems to not give a fuck about me
>been getting that feeling a lot myself
>New Year's eve, she goes to the countryside with her family
>this was thursday
>no internet signal, so no contact
>leave her two messages these days, one saying I was thinking about her
>comes back today
>gives me an extremely cold shoulder and goes to sleep
>says it's because of "my attitude"

I'll post the conversation below. Please tell me what the fuck I've done.
>>
>>16636510

Just watched that today, and it was shit.
>>
You chose a shitty gf
>>
She thought you were clingy, and she might be right.
>>
If it happens for a short time I'd say give her a little while it talk to her, ask her if she's okay.

But seems it has been going for ages and she treats you like shit on purpose. Consider moving on
>>
>>16636510
So this is how it started. I opened WhatsApp to check my messages and I noticed the ones I sent her had arrived. So I said

>Me: The mssage came through! Or not. I don't know.
>Her: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! <3
>Me: What? Are you home already?
>Her: Yes

At this point I was confused by her message. So

>Me: Oh, hi. That was a lot sooner than I thought. Your birthday is in like two weeks, right?
>Her: Yes

At this point I'm getting pissed at the one-worders.

>Me: Alright, you came back strangely vague. Tell me how the trip was.
>Her: It was nice. I'm tired. Gonna sleep.

And that's what set me off. Her coming back, showing NO signs of happyness at all, and then immediately going to sleep. I asked her what the fuck was wrong and she said she was upset about "my attitude" and we'd talk about it tomorrow. But what the fuck?

Also the messages are translated because english is not my native language.
>>
Pay less attention to her. She is seeing what you will do. Don't let it bother you, just keep doing your thing. Hang out with friends and always invite her (since she is mad she will decline) Just keep doing your thing. But the key is to always try to include her in everything. You're not playing games like she is, you want her to be involved and it's her choice if she doesn't want to.

Eventually, and there is no time frame on this but she will either make an obvious gesture for you to come to her or will also ignore you. If she ignores you then you have your answer.

I went through something similar with my girl near the start of our relationship. I got lucky and she made the obvious attempt to reconnect with me. Good luck.
>>
>>16636534
She's tired and you don't know when your girlfriend's birthday is, and you're still surprised when you get short and one word answers?
>>
>>16636555
I know when her birthday is, it's the nineteenth. I was confused by her saying "happy birthday" at random to me after days of no contact. Still don't know what the hell that meant to be honest.
>>
>>16636510
>I'll post the conversation below
Don't bother. If you're here for self-justification/validation, that's a waste of time.

Do you not know how you want to be treated by the person you're in a romantic relationship with? You have to compromise on particulars and make allowances for real life shit, but the general stuff, like "I think she acts like she cares about me" should be there.

Even if you're the clingy little bitch that you seem to be, you should try to be with someone who is going to either adjust to deal with that in a reassuring way, or face it head on and give some positive reinforcement to encourage you to stop being like that. Someone who withdraws from your demands for attention is probably not someone you're going to be happy with in the long run.
>>
>>16636559
Why would you ask her when her birthday is then? And that doesn't change the fact that she's tired, which of course she will be when she's just returned home from a trip
>>
>>16636565
Oh, and by the way, stop trying to read tonal context and intent in text. Wait until you have a real conversation before you get your panties in a twist.
>>
>>16636565
How the fuck am I clingy? Because I said I sent her ONE message saying I was thinking about her during these days? The other one was from the conversation we were having when her internet got cut off. And the message was literally

>I'm thinking about you. Thought you'd like to know. Even though you can't know, 'cause you have no internet. I am though.

It was mostly in jest.

>>16636571
Because I had and have NO IDEA what she meant, dude. I thought maybe she was giving me a sign or something. I was confused. And I didn't ask when it was, I just confirmed it was in two weeks. I thought maybe I remembered it wrong or something. The message made no sense and I myself was tired from a shitty day.

>>16636583
She's quite dead in person as well.
>>
I've not communicated with my girlfriend for short periods of time and/or been fucking cold to her on occasion, for example because I really wanted to sleep instead of entertaining her. That just is a thing. A week doesn't make a relationship.

Still, if you want a girlfriend that acts differently towards you, I suppose you can always go looking for that
>>
>>16636590
Now you're just sounding like you're looking for validation to break up with her. You sound like you're looking for an excuse, any excuse.
>>
>>16636571

He asked her because he's passive aggressive.

Op, if nothing else learn this: do NOT be a passive aggressive little bitch. NOBODY likes it, men or women. If you are direct, then at least people will respect you even if they don't like you or don't agree with you. When you do shit like "Uh, isn't your birthday in 2 weeks?" when you KNOW it's in 2 weeks is annoying as shit to anyone who's paying any attention.

You know what a good response would've been?

"Happy Birthday? But my birthday is [X Date that is not today]"

Maybe she's awkward and just meant something nonsensical like "happy birthday, your present (me) is here!" but that is strange.
>>
>>16636595
I'd love to make it work, I'm just saying there are people that are REALLY, REALLY different in real life. She isn't. She's pretty much the same.
>>
>>16636600
How is confusion passive aggression? Seriously. I had no evil intent behind the message. I genuinely did not know what the fuck she meant. She knows I'm very direct about things and that's why I even asked her what was wrong instead of letting it nest 'till tomorrow. I always ask her to do the same with me.
>>
>>16636595
He wants you to explain the situation to him in different terms. You know, argue against his point. You're currently attacking HIM rather than his argument, which is not what he wants.

He wants you to argue in favor of something.
>>
OP here, just realized what she meant.

Please kill me.
>>
>>16636630
Was it your birthday?
>>
>>16636677
No, it's the birthday from when we first started dating. It's the 3rd. I was actually looking forward to it. Thing is, today is the 2nd, but it was past midnight, so it was "technically" the 3rd, but I hadn't processed that yet, and she refused to explain, so... Disaster all around.

What a fuckup.
>>
>>16636683
you might actually be retarded

what if you are and you just don't know it
>>
>>16636683
Lol fucked up
>>
>>16636683
Oh god

Dude you're screwed
>>
>>16636683
You fucked up nigga
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.