[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck my life and let me die /adv/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: Sad-Frog-Meme-Gun-021.jpg (9 KB, 267x181) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Frog-Meme-Gun-021.jpg
9 KB, 267x181
Ever since 2008 and getting out of college, I've been living in this quasi-parasitic life with my parents.

In the time since then, I've held jobs but not for very long. It turns out I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Sluggish Cognitive Tempo. So what happens is that I end up being too slow for most employers.

Last fall, I decided to go back to school after I lost my last job to get training in a career where I can go at my own pace. I've gotten into a lot of debt as a result, but my mom is nice enough to keep me afloat.

My Dad however is thoroughly tired of me being around the house apparently. We going to see The Big Short today with some other family members. But then we got into this huge fight when I asked if he could pay my way. So the plans for the movie fell through.

So the next time I get a job, I've resolved to buy a gun and check out. No point if I can't ever get a decent paying job I can keep to pay my own bills.

Yeah, it was a good run. Now that I'm almost 32, I can't care enough about anything to keep going. Not even my hobby of playing video games interests me anymore.

Pull the trigger /adv/ and show the mercy God won't give.
>>
Do you receive welfare?
Perhaps it would make things easier.
There might be jobs not requiring a lot of thinking that you could hold. Janitor? Work on a farm or agriculture?

I hope that you can find a way to live happy.. Sorry i dont have an advice.
>>
>>16634996

That's one of, if not the worst part.

I'm actually really bright, its why I was able to get through college.

A bright mind...in a shitty body. My soul is a literal prisoner.

Assuming I did apply to be a janitor or whatever, they might not hire me since I have a degree.

I tried going for SSI once, but it was such a pain to apply and I didn't even qualify. (Although, that was before I learned about the CFS and SCT)
>>
>>16635062
If you were really bright you would know that "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Sluggish Cognitive Tempo" is codeword for you need to eat better and exercise.
>>
>>16635091

I will have you know that I am quite fit thank you very much.

Though my having untreated sleep apnea may certainly be a factor.
>>
>>16635119
Pics or stfu.

Medfag here. Going to be cruel then a smidge kind.

You're an aspie lazy fuck. Cfs may be legit but SCT is a flavor of the month shit tier psychiatry diagnosis. Sounds like you're a fucking manbaby.

That having been said, you need to be forced out of your hugbox of a shell. You simply will not grow unless that happens. You don't need a gun to kill yourself. Your apathy is doing that just fine. Once you're forced to sink or swim, I'm pretty sure you'll discover that you can do more with yourself than you ever considered possible.

If you're hell bent on living IN YOUR PARENTS HOME , then you had best start finding some way to earn income from seed investments of work. Gig work, fiverr, etsy, reselling shit on ebay, gaming youtube videos that are monitozed....something. start contributing ffs.
>>
>>16635243

Seriously? I'd rather live in my own place and a girl to bang than live with my parents like some neckbeard aspie living in the basement.

Why did you think I went back to school? To work minimum wage cleaning urinals? Don't tell me you actually believe people can rent an apartment on 10.40 an hour?

Besides, the fucking economy is only now getting its shit together.

TL;DR I've done the best I can spending as little money as possible. Unfortunately, my best simply isn't good enough because of things out of my control.
>>
>>16635293
did you go back to school so you could fucking kill yourself?
>>
>>16635298

Okay. No I did not.

I am, however, tired of seeing all my efforts come up fruitless.
>>
>>16635314
then maybe you should try harder
>>
>>16635293
10$x40hrs =1200-1400 after taxes normally. Go rent a room for 500$ a month and start living
>>
>>16635324

Okay. What should I do differently then?
>>
>>16634925
You should put a few grand aside to cover your funeral costs, ass. Even in death you'll be leaving your long suffering parents out of pocket. The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>16635327

And where would I find a place for $500 where I live?
>>
>>16635339

Well aren't you considerate.
>>
>>16635352
Where do you live op?

And let's be specific. I never said rent an apartment. I said rent a room. That is, provided, you have a car for transportation so you can get to work
>>
>>16635359
See there's a plan there. If OP ever managed to save that much money he'd be in a far better position in life and thus less likely to kill himself. So it'll either save his parents some money, or their son AND the money.
>>
>>16635373

Indianapolis, IN (Cumberland, IN technically)

In the middle of the dumbfuck Midwest.

I'll still need a source of income before I get that room. And yes, I do have a car.
>>
>>16634925
Hate to break it to you but playing videogames isnt a hobby. Unless its productive in return like if you were to record and edit vids, be one of those twitch streamers, learn programing for games, go pro, voice acting, playing videogames is more about liesure. Sorry anon. Im more or less in the same place as you except Im 26 and a grad. Your dad is going to be on you regardless. You just got to try harder.
>>
>>16635398
I just popped on craigslist. 300 to 550 price range for room rental. Quite literally over 100 search results returned.

I dont advocate this normally, because most are scams that require you to pay for your own training and have both a highs peed Internet connection in addition to a standard phone line, but there are customer service jobs that you work from home that you can set your own hour for working. It's a bit fast paced, and again , you have to pay for your own headset/hardware, but if you can stand customer service and / or shit-tier tech support then it might be something you could do
>>
>>16634925
Honestly, you dont want to die otherwise youbwould have done it already. You just want a better way and it starts with you. You gotta figure shit out
>>
>>16635423
Eh, normally passive entertainment can become a hobby if you devote real energy to it and pursue it actively. If you actually engage with the games you play on a deeper level, develop some real knowledge and taste, chat with others about it ... sort of like the difference between a "film buff" and somebody who just watches a lot of movies. I bet most people would consider board games to be a hobby.
>>
>>16635430

You're joking right? On CRAIG'SLIST of all places? Now there's a bona fide way to get your was raped or murdered.

Who seriously uses that scam farm?
>>
>>16635569
If you're savy, CL is a damn good resource to use. I've used it many times to rent rooms, apartments...hell, even the house I'm in right now was all initially found via CL. The rest of it is just leg work. Verify with past tennants, ask for references, use common sense
>>
>>16635598

Well, I'm glad you have the luck with it you do.

My experiences have been less than satisfying and more spammy.
>>
>>16635608
It's not luck, just followthrough. I expect a shit ton of non legit or sketchy as hell posts. Double checking through realtors, past tennants, doing a strong Web search on anyone renting a property to someone else....it's just common sense. Same thing with items bought off of CL. If anything, I've had worse luck via ebay back in the day before they put all the verification measures in place.
>>
>>16635619

Sorry, I just don't see the point of using a site with the reputation that Craig's list has. It's more of a hassle than that website is worth.

Unlike, say, maybe, Apartments.com and related.
>>
>>16634925
Try geocaching?
I like geocaching for clearing my head and activating my self-efficacy.

Something about being alone in the wilderness without any help or hints turns on my intuitive explorative mind.

Also, being in nature just gets my feet back on the ground.
>>
>>16635644

Hmmm....Well, it's not the worst idea I've heard.

Though, it is kind of chilly atm to be doing that.

If it were warm again like it was at Christmas, then it would be a different story.
>>
>>16635635
Pretty sure you have a fair share of scammed and scummy people hanging out on apartments.com as well. The point I made was that you just should check the validity of anyone you're considering renting from on top of the point that OP has several avenues of changing his situation and growing instead of rotting in his pittyparty hugbox
>>
>>16635698

I was merely trying to point out that there are many sites out there SIGNIFICANTLY better than Craigslist. Apartments.com was just one I came up with off the top of my head.

In all fairness, I would believe Apartments.com to be more reputable than Craigslist regardless.
>>
>>16635663
Put on a fucking sweater and go outside. Geocaching is fun, it might become your hobby.
>>
>>16635739

It's cute that you think a sweater is all that's needed not to catch hypothermia and/or frostbite.

Are you one of those people who does polar bear runs by any chance?

Also, I am certain being in the cold will fuck up my depression or anxiety or whatever even more.

I will concede that having people to talk to like you does make me feel better.
>>
File: 1419907020588.jpg (27 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1419907020588.jpg
27 KB, 500x375
>>16635739
>>16635644

>mfw geocaching bro
>>
>>16635752
friend, whatever you do in your future life, no matter what it is, do it well, don't half ass it.
I believe in you anon
>>
>>16636038

Thank you, fellow Anon. I appreciate the vote of confidence.

I'll keep you in my prayers if you keep me in yours.
>>
File: BvgQaN9.gif (714 KB, 445x250) Image search: [Google]
BvgQaN9.gif
714 KB, 445x250
>>16635298
I'm not even op but uh

Damn

This might have helped me too
>>
>>16635398
Oh jesus fuck dude I live an hour north of Indy it's cheap as fuck to live here

I know people living on 7.25 on their own

I don't know how but they doing it
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.