[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel extremely self conscious and think i look stupid whenever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: lopm_011_009.jpg (254 KB, 860x1236) Image search: [Google]
lopm_011_009.jpg
254 KB, 860x1236
I feel extremely self conscious and think i look stupid whenever I exercise. This has stopped me from going outside for runs since I don't own/don't have the money/don't have the room for a treadmill. It's not like the area around here is very populated. How do I break this?
>>
dude a gym membership is like 10 bucks wtf?
>>
By realizing that no one actually gives the slightest fuck what random strangers do or look like.
>>
>>16631683
live in a rural area and no gyms around
>>
>>16631677
Don't worry about making mistakes or looking stupid, take it like it is, a little silly thing. And what the anon above said.
>>
>>16631677

1. it's for your health, not looking cool

2. don't treadmill. waste of money as it will fall into disuse. also lack of fresh air and potential sunshine

3. it actually looks 'cooler' than u think... at least you're doing SOMETHING physical.
>>
>>16631690
>>16631677
If the area isn't very populated why do you care?
Nobody else thinks you look dumb, and if you do it enough you'll be "the fit guy"

If it really bothers you go running at 10:00PM
>>
>>16632786
>If it really bothers you go running at 10:00PM
that's not a bad idea
>>
File: IMG_20160101_181552.jpg (88 KB, 500x671) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160101_181552.jpg
88 KB, 500x671
>>16631677
This. And if you are embarrassed just go to somewhere isolated with no people to run and that should solve the problem, or either run at night if it helps(?
>>
>>16631677
Dude have you ever watched a marathon? When people are on that last stretch they make the most retarded faces because they're pushing their bodies to extremes.

Everyone looks retarded working out OP
>>
>>16631677
i used to think i look stupid when doing exercises too; whether if it looks like i'm doing it wrong or because it's so obvious i'm just a beginner...

but the sooner you get over that, the more comfortable you become. also, research is key; study the forms of your exercises as much as you can, and use a mirror.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.