[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have a bit of a conundrum -Graduated high school in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: GOVGm.jpg (68 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
GOVGm.jpg
68 KB, 640x1136
So I have a bit of a conundrum
-Graduated high school in the spring
-Forced to attend community college
-Parents won't allow me to take semesters off to save for the rest of college
-Parents aren't paying for any college expenses and I'm scared of drowning in debt
-I do well academically but I hate being stuck at a desk and each semester of school sends me into an anxiety fueled depression(I suffer with anxiety and depression regularly)
-I'm too poor to move out and I can't get a full time job as long as I'm living at home due to my mother's fear of me dropping out(except part time work during summers and weekends)
I feel trapped. Any advice?
>>
>>16629870
Do what you want. If all they're doing is putting pressure on you and you think you can get an address, a phone line, and food without them, then go do it. You'll be ok without mommy and daddy.

You're a free man, but not when you're living on their dime
>>
>>16629870

im not sure you are thinking about your own situation accurately.

if they arent paying for college they cant force you to go. just go get a job. if you can get a weekend and summer job you can save up and at the very latest, get your own place by september of 2016.

get a summer job, and by end of summer you'll be able to pay for it.

you can also get a regular day job and just tell them you are going to school. if they dont pay or anythign they wont really know
>>
>>16629945
Just confronted my parents again. They threatened to kick me out of the house if they find out that I'm working full time instead of finishing college.
>>
>>16629945
And they're trying to get me to quit my weekend job due to it "possibly distracting me from community college"
>>
>>16630023

why would you tell them your plan? if ur not a stupid twat and telling them stuff you could easily get a job and they'd never notice. you'd just have to keep your schedule consistent.

>>16630029

so? dont quit. as long as you bring home a good report card they shouldnt bitch out. start saving money, and talk to any friends you have about possibly crashing with them while you save money since you already got a job it shouldnt take long.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.