[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marijuana growing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 12
File: SourDieselOutdoorCalifornia.jpg (1021 KB, 1200x798) Image search: [Google]
SourDieselOutdoorCalifornia.jpg
1021 KB, 1200x798
Not sure if this is the right board, but I want to start growing my own weed. I have this 23.5 gallon chest would that be a good place to grow in? I also plan on buying a clamp light peat pellets and compact fluorescent lightbulbs
>>
not OP, but bumping- will post what i used a few years back. i miss it a lot
>>
File: photo (7).jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
photo (7).jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
one / a few uploads

i used this cupboard here, took everything out, and painted it with 3 coats of ceiling white

this was my first grow ever
>>
File: cuppoard.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
cuppoard.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
these are really good grow boxes. you can get them very cheap from craigslist, theyre sturdy, and the heat stays with the box, and can be vented / filtered and wont make your house light up like a christmas tree on new years through IR lenses from an aerial view-
>>
File: IMG_9351.jpg (147 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9351.jpg
147 KB, 1024x768
this was before the final coat / light setup
>>
File: IMG_3917.jpg (189 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3917.jpg
189 KB, 1024x768
this was a hydroponic setup, however, i did not take the proper prerequisites to making a successful hydro grow- the plants ended up dying, and i switched to dirt----

plus, 6 plants in a box this small would be too overwhelming and would not grow properly from what ive been told
>>
File: photo (10).jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
photo (10).jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
also- i do not recommend CFL / florescent bulbs.

i was a complete noob, and went for a good lighting setup which got me way ahead of the curve.

the more light / power, the better your plants will grow
>>
File: box.jpg (256 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
box.jpg
256 KB, 1632x1224
MJ plants like to grow very large. sometimes 6-8 feet. in fact, i had a tough time fitting my single plant in this box without it touching the bulb, and it was 4long x 2wide x 5 high

get yourself adequate space if you want to get a plant you can really care and love for.
>>
File: 082.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
082.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
in fact, he got so big after a very short growing period, i had to take it outside!!

this was when it was ready to flower :)

about the 5th week in, i did the FIM (fuck, i missed) method, which allows the plant to branch into two different main chutes :)
>>
File: 088.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
088.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
heres the start of the first cola

a tip for you, since you havent done a grow before-

this is a very time consuming thing.
patience is a very important discipline.

dont chop your plant the moment you start seeing buds. let the plant finish. you will know when... then you need to cure it which takes a lot of time. dont smoke your raw buds!
>>
ask 420chan
>>
File: 20160101_170423.jpg (682 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160101_170423.jpg
682 KB, 2048x1152
Op here. This is the chest I was planning to grow in. The dimensions are 32" x 17" X 12.25"H
>>
File: photo (11).jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
photo (11).jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
this was my second go around.

i basically made it a banzai tree.... very short and stunted its growth
>>
File: photo (13).jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
photo (13).jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
i lost my final product photos but heres what it was before it really took off
>>
>>16630764
OP, im looking at the dimensions of your case

in all honesty, you'd REALLY have to know what youre doing to make that a successful grow box.

i mean you'd REALLY have to have a lot of experience and craft to do it.

this by no means says you cant do it. i hope you do prove me wrong.

i whipped out my tape measure. standing it up, you'd have about 25" of vertical grow space, deducting 7" for a grow medium/potting..... thats not including a bulb thats inside and on top.

unless youre very familiar with making your plant very short in stature, and very narrow, i'd scratch the idea, especially if youre new to the industry.

get yourself a nice box like i have from craigslist free section, or buy one for 20 bucks someplace.

dont short yourself on the amount of space you can use, because growing DOES use a lot of space...

plus, with that black case, youd need to modify it for fans, youd need to make lighting inlets, and an air intake so your plants dont burn after 3 hours.

also, a 25" plant wouldnt get you a lot of bud either.... maybe an ounce or two over a 4 month period?
>>
Op.
I'm just looking for a place that is discreet.
>>
>>16629834

Just out of curiosity OP, UK, US or Yurop?
>>
US
>>
>>16630847

Aight yeah go for it. The hotter the state, the crazier you can get but even then I don't think it matters with indoor grows.

Out in the UK indoor grows are cracked down, weekly fly bys with thermal cams in most urban areas.

Research guerilla locations in your area too. Always good to have a plan B.
>>
>>16629834
Before you start you should realize that the plants have an extremely strong smell. If I were your neighbor I might complain simply because it smells awful.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.