[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why did your New Year's Eve fucking suck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 640x640
So why did your New Year's Eve fucking suck?
>>
my friend had me and others over at his for a little get together. was going pretty good but most of people left early. being single can be shit too.
>>
>>16629614
hey i had a great time
>>
>>16629614
Because I'm getting old and new years holds less and less importance to me
>>
I woke up sobbing. My sig other of like two years told me they loved me for the first time tho kek
>>
I went to a friend's place that was occupied by younger people. Jock-type guys or those guys with tall tales and chips on their shoulders. Didn't know a single one and didn't care to. One guy intentionality messed with me, tried to shit test and size me up, which was met with indifference and me turning it on him.

Basically I turned into a drunken, force of nature asshole. Forcefully took his food, booze and went home to pet my cats. Fuck em. Still sipping on your booze, Todd.
>>
>>16629614
stuck in my hometown for the holidays, and I don't really know anybody

Got drunk with my little brother and finished the first season of the Wire though. Could have been worse.
>>
I had a nice night. Was at a quiet bar with a friend catching up until midnight. Then we parted ways and I had a nice drive back home.
>>
My parents ruined my NYE, so as my grandparents. Fucked up people, who will never get along with each other.
>>
I did my makeup to go out, then reached the realization that it would be unfair to the baby to have him out past his bedtime when I'm trying to get him to sleep in his own crib. So I stayed home. He had a shitty night, it took me hours to get him to sleep, and he kept waking up and crying. Meanwhile I was having nightmares again and woke up a few times myself. So I got a really poor night's sleep, and am now on 4chan while he naps, half-dazed and with remnants of the makeup I put on for no goddamn reason on my face.

I didn't have a drop of alcohol and I look like I got absolutely wrecked partying.
>>
>>16629670
Bella?
>>
>>16629678
Edward?
>>
>>16629673

At least you look wrecked due to a good cause. My nose is broken and I'm missing a tooth due to getting into multiple fights.
>>
>>16629689
You probably deserved it, faggot :^)
>>
>>16629691

They did and I did :)
>>
>>16629678
No
>>16629688
lmao
>>
>>16629614
Because after spending it alone and depressed, I got dumped by text. That's twice in a month.
>>
I didn't get to spend it with my family.
>>
Spent my NYE in the Hospital with my Dad. He recently had a Heart attack and will be undergoing bypass surgery on Monday. I know this kind of surgery has a very high rate of survival, but I'm still scared for my Dad. We'll see what happens.
>>
File: 1445703475289.png (309 KB, 376x375) Image search: [Google]
1445703475289.png
309 KB, 376x375
Was at home with my mom in my shitty hometown and I fell asleep due to waking up at 6an and being on several airplanes for hours. I just woke up at 12am to the sound of fireworks and went back to sleep.

My brother was going to a party but when I asked if he could invite me he just flat out said no without any explanation. I hate my shitty family.
>>
>>16629621
Gonna second this. NYE is just another day for me.
>>
It was good actually, way better than expected. Went to a friend of a friend who had a houseparty, drank up my wine and prosecco by midnight and got quite tipsy.

Then my mate turned out to have weed on him! Got high and watched the fireworks, afterwards I couldn't deal with all the people, so I walked home.

All in all a good night, even if it was pretty uneventful.
>>
>>16629614
I spent New Years playing World of Warcraft on a private vanilla server. I ran out of weed and I didn't get drunk. My friends didn't hit me up to do anything so I assume one of them stayed home and the other one went to a party with work friends. I'm not bothered about them doing things without me or anything nor do I care about New Years it just wasn't a great New Year. More important than a holiday that just means a number changed on calendars and computers is the up coming year and my plans for it so yeah it sucked but I have things that I can focus on and that mean more than just one night.
>>
>>16629614
Because I invited my crush over and I get the feeling he may like me back and I didn't make a fucking move even though I could of kissed him goodnight but chickened out and hugged instead. And that may be the last time I see him for six months
>>
>>16629614
I didn't even leave the house and I got drunk in my bed while browsing the internet.
>>
>>16629614
Work.
>>
>>16629614

Wasn't bad for me. Unlike you idiots, I get paid to deal with drunks instead of spending.
>>
I had to fucking work until 2:30am, but the night actually turned out pretty good. I work at a hotel and we hosted a big bash with a champagne toast at 12 and live entertainment, the works. It was mostly shit until the booze started coming to the back from the bar and we all went outside to smoke some weed with our bosses. Wound up pretty trashed, cute female coworkers were pretty trashed and giving me eyes all night, I just wish I had had a chance to be alone with one of them to steal a new year's kiss.
>>
I spent it with my parents who are around 70 years old.

It wasn't a bad, just not very eventful i guess.
>>
Spent it with my drunk oldest sister. She is an incredibly volatile drunk. Would have rather spent it with someone else. New Year's Day sucked, too
>>
I felt out of place being one of 3 black dudes at the weird bro party I was at, I felt bad not being with my family, there were barely any good looking girls and holy shit I was tired. Also, fuck coke
>>
>>16630464
I usually the only black guy at a party bro embrace that shit white people like knowing there's a cool black guy they can kick it with
>>
Nye sucked because I realize I hate the person I'm with and I completely blew her off to play video games. Then all night she was blowing up my phone, just fucking text after text, too fast to even read, trying to get my attention, sad. She got her mom to call me and ask me why I'm not coming out (I didn't even answer).

Then I shut her up by making plans for breakfast and I completely ignored her again and then SHE made plans for dinner in 45 minutes, which I'm going to ignore AGAIN. Yes, I've told her I'm nOt happy and we should move on, but she makes excuses and says "let's work it out, it'll be fine," guilts me into prolonging it, then goes right back to being shitty

But hopefully I'm being shitty enough myself for her to just completely quit me
>>
File: killyouareself.gif (4 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
killyouareself.gif
4 MB, 500x281
Because I made her sad and she went to sleep and hasn't spoken to me since and it is like 15 hours later
>>
I spent it fighting with the man I'm stuck with because we have a child together.
>>
>>16630488
Why don't you just be direct and tell her you want to break up?
>>
>>16629614
Man it was fucking great
Being beta as fuck it was good hooking up with a 8.5/10 all night
>>
>>16630770
From the sound of it, because he's a coward.
>>
repost

yesterday was pretty rough

>go to nye party
>pretty fun, music is shit but drunk with friends
>random guy i barely know hands me a phone
>say hi happy new year to whoever it is
>it's her
>she broke up with me in october 2015 after three years because she doesn't love me any more
>hear her say hi it's ____ before i discard the phone
>flee the scene
>friends rush outside and comfort me
>i burst into tears in front of every bro
>get really high to forget about it
>felt like i'd been making so much progress forgetting about her and living for myself, enjoying everything more, doing better socially, working hard on my degree, seeing other people etc
>hearing her say three simple words fucks me up

pretty proud of my drunk self for gtfoing so quickly, definitely the right decision
>>
>>16630770
I mean I've never said break up" specifically but I keep saying we should move on from this miserable relationship and just do our own thing, I don't see the difference

I mainly stay out of guilt lol
>>
It didn't. I got together with my family, we had a few friends over, drank lots of wine, caught up with each other, played board games and shit.

I didn't start having fun with my life until I stopped trying to do "cool" shit. Just relax
>>
>>16630903

Man that sucks, but you definitely made a good decision, these things take time, you'll get over her
>>
Mine sucked a little bit because I had to work, but it wasn't too bad. I'm a barman, and about 20 of my friends/acquaintances were at my bar for NYE so at least I still got to see them and sort of spend it with them, even though I was completely sober and still working until 3AM. Definitely beats last year where I just got smashed, went home alone, and facebook stalked my ex who I was trying to avoid. That was a really shitty night which left me depressed for weeks, so last night was better, if a little unspectacular.
>>
>>16631011
thanks man
>>
>>16629614

It sucked because I think I'm getting tired of one of my few friend circles, who I celebrated NYE with this year. It manly consists of a bunch of sweaty kiss-less virgins in their late twenties who do nothing for a living other than play video games and watch anime.

I didn't notice it before but ever since I moved far away from them to study at collage I sensed that something changed. I think it has to do with the fact that I made new friends at collage who are more mature.

I noticed that I come off as a total jerk while I type this. It's no that their bad people, I just don't enjoy being around them as much as I did before.
>>
>>16631021

Not late twenties, meant soon to be twenties*

Well, whatever...
>>
>>16631235
meant for
>>16631229

Fuck I am all over the place tonight, sorry...
>>
Should have invited someone to go out with me. But now I remembered : Fucking who ?!
fuck I forgot about that.
Drank very little during family night then ended up lonely in front of computer,sipping lonely shots of vodka. Thought it would feel better to be drunk in front of it. I was wrong.
>>
>>16629614
I had some chili dogs. It was pretty radical.
>>
>>16629614
Because ive disliked myself for a long time and the only things that ease the pain are things that i can't do often due to responsibilities

My social life has decayed to near neet levels, and my place in the social hiarchy is declining to the bottom

I have been seriously contemplating suicide, even though its a dumb idea, only 3 things are stopping me anyways (family and friends, MMA, and guitar)

The silver lining is that in my sorrows, my guitar skills have gotten great, otherwise my life is on the decline and i am a useless fuck that has little reason to climb out of bed
>>
>>16629614
It didn't, and why are people not saging this, OP is not asking for or giving advice
>>
Got stupid drunk and played video games.

The same thing I did last year but it was very different.
>>
Got drunk and my best friend disappeared. I thought he abandoned but it turns out it was kinda the other way around. Anyway I got further and actually abadoned by the group I was with. I got so upset I cried all the way home.

Then I got into a bit of verbal fight with my buildings manager....

I actually tried to kill myself. I cut my wrists with a box cutter but I couldn't make it go deep enough to be threat to my life lol.

FML
>>
>was drinking with friends
>they cut off what im saying sometimes or just dont hear me at all
>whatevs am drunk
>have to pee
>brb
>step out of room and the first thing i hear through the door is
>"anon is weird! Lmao"
>start to feel kind of shitty but realize its just the alcohol
>come back in
>"oh hai anon blabla"
>start getting more drunk
>sitting on bed with back against the wall
>anonette who called me weird starts cozying up to me
>starts holding my hand n shit, head on my chest, general drunk stuff
>ive made out with her once before while we drinking
>i think she remembers but doesnt say anything
>starts saying
>"Anon you have a really nice face, anon you have a nice nose, anon you have great looks and ur smart"
>gets closer
>eye to eye
>our lips rub for a fraction of a second
>this isnt ok
>eventually get picked up and go home

I also have a marine friend who is just about to be deployed and she swears that she'll wait for him and every time i get a glance at his phone she's always messaging him. Being a guy i kind of know what kind of girl she is. She's too dependent on others and she has been diagnosed with depression in the past. Outside of drunk nights we dont really talk. She just happens to be there and i just happen to be there but i know that they'd rather have my marine friend with them. Hell, id rather have him there too.
>>
Because I got fucking drunk and overshot it with a girl I really like. She was not ready and I pressed her. Worst of all, I don't even remember it, a friend of mine told me in the morning. I'm supposed to go skiing with her for a week, I don't fucking know what to do. Just disappear or try to apologise and make thing work? Fuck this shit, I feel like I should anhero, she meant that much to me.
Happy new fucking year.
>>
>>16632608
Apologize

That's the best you could do
>>
Sitting at home at 11. Crush invited me to a party saying it would make her night if I went. Go. She was talking to some other dude there--was fairly dismissive at any conversation we started. Everyone went upstairs. Girl and her friend go upstairs as a couple, leaving me to watch Harry Potter alone downstairs. Left. Went home. Drank a cold glass of milk and went to bed. Happy New Years.
>>
It's been 1 and a half months since I broke up with my gf.

She left me because she was going to see her ex (who's a suicidal girl, apparently) since she was worried about her health. I trusted her two months ago, but as the date of her trip got closer, she got confused and realized I wasn't the right person for her. Now she's back with her, in a long distant relationship forbidden by her parents, but she's happy, I guess.

I'm not. I tried to settle things right and end in good terms, since I couldn't get mad at her (at the time, I turned weak when I saw her beautiful eyes) and I really wanted to end a realtionship in good terms once and for all after so many harsh breakups in the past. At first I was ok. But then reality hit me hard in those final hours of 2015.

I ignored my family, went upstairs to sit in a stranger's dark couch and listened to our song, sleeping and feeling souless for the first 2 hours of this year.

I just wanted to take it all out, sorry for the mess of text I hope you don't read. I welcome you to moke me, I feel like I deserve it, for believing in her, when she wasn't able to believe in herself in the first place.
>>
home alone fell asleep by 11:30

didnt suck at all
>>
Took nearly an hour to get served a drink.
>>
I've said this all over /adv it seems and I just want to let it out.

I had a contract job that ended in Nov. I'm 30, still single, pay student loans, rent, etc...I went into 2016, unemployed and -$430 in my account (thanks to my lovely gov't student loan).

This is about the worst way I've ever started a year...I nearly thought about suicide a minute ago...

But, fuck it...I've got a job interview this sunday who sounds like they're begging for people...but it's a shit job, shittier hours (graveyard), and mediocre pay...so it's what I'm settling with until my industry starts putting out contracts again...

Fuck...these first few months are going to suck...
>>
>>16629614
drank a shitload and became introspective
>>
>>16633089
Hang on tight, anon. At least you have the willpower the get out of that nasty situation. You could be self-pitying yourself and not doing nothing, like me.
>>
>>16629614
I didn't kiss her.
It was still awesome, but I probably could've taken the shot.
>>
Had a good new years except that on midnight when I was looking at the fireworks I just wanted to cry and I felt terrible. I just drank a lot of champagne and continued my night.
>>
I couldn't come up with any new years resolutions

im out of goals and out of reasons to live
>>
greentexting it

So my new years eve turned out WAY better than it was going to be.

>I was going to babysit for the second year in a row because I made so many bad decisions in 2015 and I just felt shit.

>Then a relative of mine offered to bring me along to a thai restaurant all paid for at the last minute, which I accepted.

>I tried some great food I'd never had before, got smashed for free.

>Left the restaurant at 10:30 to go find my mates in town, found them and got even more smashed bouncing from bar to bar.

>Pretty fucked at this point everything is a blurr, saw some people I work with.

>Then I bumped into this girl I have a long history with (lost my virginity to her etc) at what I think was midnight and she grabbed my hand, took me out back and we kissed for what felt like forever, she bit my lip and that shit hurt. So I somehow got a new years eve midnight kiss .Doubt the kiss meant anything to her because she is a slut and fucks around a lot. I dunno. Can't remember why we stopped, think it might have been her she said she had to go but I really don't know. Either way I remember literally turned around and leaving her like yeah dont care bye haha.

>Went and got even more smashed. so drunk I turned into THAT GUY. The creepy drunk potential rapist, started grabbing this hot girls ass and feeling her up as she was ordering a drink next to me. She kept saying she has a boyfriend or some shit. Then I just gave her an affirmative thumbs up, turned around and kept drinking.

>Drunkenly made my way home.

>Don't remember half of the night and what I do remember is still a blur.

Really good night thought.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.