[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>GF: "my best friend kissed like every guy at the party,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: giphy (5).gif (746 KB, 177x177) Image search: [Google]
giphy (5).gif
746 KB, 177x177
>GF: "my best friend kissed like every guy at the party, lol"
>Me: "what a slut"

Now my GF is super pissed at me.

What's the lesson here? I don't like the idea that I can't be myself with my gf and say what's honestly on my mind.

Maybe I'm being a dumbass. Red pill me /adv/!
>>
>>16629108
You did nothing, OP. That chick is a slut and sluts should be burned alive.
>>
>>16629108
Obviously the lesson is to not date sluts.
>>
File: koala.gif (944 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
koala.gif
944 KB, 400x225
>>16629112
>>
>>16629108
I'd agree with you, but Western women think it's bad to shame a slut or something. People won't always agree with each other, and this is one of those cases. You aren't a dumbass, since you're correct desu
>>
>>16629108
depends, how many guys were there are the party?
>>
Girl logic is not real logic, that's what. Don't sweat it.
>>
She is mad because you insulted someone she cares about.
I don't have any problems with a guy telling me that he wouldn't date my best friend because she used to sleep around a couple of years ago, but calling her a slut is out of question.

Lesson here is learn how to express your opinions in a polite way when talking about someone she cares about, and in general when you talk about people.
>>
>>16629167

Also this. Let her insult and talk shit about her friends on her own as girls will often do. Just listen.
>>
>>16629108
she's not a slut she just made multiple mistakes in one night.

All kidding aside. You could have handled it differently but the results are the same. Instead of blurting out your opinion you should have asked your gf what she thought of her friends behavior and have her either defend or condemn then you weigh in. Problem for you is by attacking you for an opinion she let you know hers is opposite yours and defends her friends behavior. You know now your gf is of the same mind as her friend.
>>
>>16629108
>Now my GF is super pissed at me
and you should tell her you are very disappointed for discovering she supports this type of behavior and must reconsider her as a partner
>>
>>16629181
>Problem for you is by attacking you for an opinion she let you know hers is opposite yours and defends her friends behavior. You know now your gf is of the same mind as her friend.

This is not true, at all.
I don't sleep around, never felt sexual attraction for someone I wasn't in love with, never had sex outside of a committed relationship, but I still don't like slutshaming.
Even if I have a different mindset and different habits when it comes to sex I don't think less of people who want different things, I just try to avoid dating them.
>>
>>16629189

>I don't think less of people who want different things

I hate this fucking limpwristed bullshit. Sleeping around is simply not respectable. Stop acting like it's okay for some people to do. They don't "make it work", they fuck their lives up and tend to dump a little bit of that on everyone that they meet.
>>
>>16629189
I'm not defending OP's use of slut and why I suggested he ask her opinion before blurting out his knee jerk reaction to outrageous behavior. It is outrageous behavior. You are correct if people are of different mindset they should not be together and now OP knows where his gf comes down. She did not discuss OP's comment (that was not public but between the two of them) but went full on attack in defense of her friend and her behavior.
>>
>>16629108
Honestly, you can't be yourself around your GF. That's just a basic fact. You need to understand that everything you say becomes possible ammunition for future arguments.
>>
OP here. Thanks for all the tips!

I just realized that maybe I can’t relate as a guy. I wouldn't get at all angry if she called one of my best buds something mean and disrespectful. Friendships between girls are a lot more intimate, so this was perhaps just as hurtful as calling her mom a slut?
>>
>>16629206

> Friendships between girls are a lot more intimate

Who the fuck makes this bullshit up?
>>
File: 1378385963325.jpg (39 KB, 472x600) Image search: [Google]
1378385963325.jpg
39 KB, 472x600
>>16629206
>Friendships between girls are a lot more intimate
Please be bait.
>>
>>16629211
>>16629207
hahaha
Not saying male friendships are weaker, just that we don't get as cuddly.
>>
>>16629206
Do you even know what your gf thinks of her friends behavior? Does she think it ok or does she think her friend was out of line. Before you take it up the ass for having an opinion ask her. Why can't men defend themselves anymore. Is pussy so fucking rare you must constantly walk on eggshells worried they will run off. Grow some fucking balls
>>
>>16629216
No. This is not what girls do.
>>
>>16629216
>just that we don't get as cuddly
then your gf must approve of her friends behavior. Are you having trouble admitting that your gf may have acted the same way or may at some point?
>>
For further clarification, my gf doesn't see anything wrong with her best friend's behavior.
And I have not apologized, I'm just trying to understand if its okay to be yourself in a relationship and say what's on your mind even if it is hurtful.
>>
>>16629227
It's really not. I don't say this because I value either of these girls' feelings but because they definitely don't want to hear what you think unless it's positive.
>>
>>16629227
>I'm just trying to understand if its okay to be yourself in a relationship and say what's on your mind even if it is hurtful.
You could have phrased it better, but I wouldnt fake some opinions for any woman. In your position, I'd have probably just said gross and left it at that. People sometimes get weird if they think you're being judgmental of their friends, even if they actually agree with your assessment.
>>
>>16629227
So your gf isn't mad because you called her friend a slut but because she believes you called her on as well. Why are you with her? I don't get it
>>
>>16629244
Nah man, my gf is super mad because I called her friend (as gently as possible) a slut. That's the gist of it.
>>
>>16629202
> They don't "make it work", they fuck their lives up and tend to dump a little bit of that on everyone that they meet.

I know plenty of people who have casual sex and are far from this. As long as you're honest about your intentions, I don't see how this is not respectful. I give a very high value to sex, some other people don't and just want to enjoy it. Just a matter of different views on sex.
I wouldn't date someone who fucked around a lot, but respecting them as people is different.

>>16629203
I do agree that people with different mindsets about sex and relationships shouldn't be together.
Depends on what his gf opinion on casual sex is and if she'd have it herself. You can't say she'd have casual sex just because she defends her friend and her behaviour.
>>
>>16629269
You don't get it. She feels that by calling her friend a slut, you called her that as well. It may not be true, but women are primarily motivated by feelings.
>>
>>16629227

Here's the kicker, OP. She's probably going to see that same behavior in another girl and her reaction won't be the same.

It's cause they're friends.
>>
OP is in such a denial to see that his gf might be a slut like her best friend
>>
>>16629279

This. I remember once...

A girl on my Facebook got really offended at someone's innocent joke comment about her weight gain. I told my gf that its kinda funny because of the girl's old habit of posting explicit photos all the time just for likes back when she was slimmer.

My girl blew a fuse on me. You would swear I had insulted her. Now my gf had put on a little weight herself. She somehow projected the girl's situation onto herself and got angry at me when I wasn't even referring to her.
>>
>>16629167
OP, ignore all posts but this one.

This is the one you must read and learn from.
>>
>>16629202
Lookit this virgin taliban over here
>>
>>16629108
In the mind of a feminist, your girlfriend thinks: A slut is different from a woman who likes to have sex or be with multiple men. Had a man made out with a bunch of girls at a party, no one would be saying "what a slut"

Now combine that with this being her best friend, and you have created a monster. Now she will likely tell her bff and they will gossip and judge you and cling to this forever.

My boyfriend would even get mad at me for calling his friend a slut. WELL? She got dragged off willing by like three guys in one night when we went to her party. So, she's a slut. When it's someone's friend, it's different I guess.
>>
she got mad because she's a slut just like her friend, so she took the insult personally
>>
>>16629303
he is for damn sure and why he wants to be the bad guy here
>>
>>16629227
Stop being so fucking entitled to your opinion. Opinions are there to be given solely when asked. Don't talk shit about your gf's friends.
>>
I'd take that as a "don't insult my friends, I'm the only one who gets to do that" type thing. There is a huge difference between my GF calling her friend a slut and me calling my GF's friend a slut you know? One is "okay" and one isn't.
>>
File: zombieland.gif (985 KB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
zombieland.gif
985 KB, 500x209
>>16629484
I can't even imagine how pussy whipped you must be if you're afraid to give your opinions freely to your gf.
>>
>>16629108
Don't react judgmentally. It makes you look close minded to her (even if you arnt).
Next time give a less polarized answer- "oh wow! Was she drunk or something?" Or "wow that's crazy"
Always answer in a was so that if she gets pissed you can be like "no, you took that the wrong way! I meant crazy in a good way!!"
>>
>no one in the thread actually answers OPs question and just arger about the situation
>>
>>16629108
>I don't like the idea that I can't be myself with my gf and say what's honestly on my mind
well now you know you can't.

Let's see what would you say if she asked or commented about her weight, size of her tits, her parents or if you think that girl over there is hot or if you believe the guy at work and she are "just friends"? You fucking lie your ass off
>>
>>16629561
u wot m8
>>
>>16629108
>calling your gf's friend a slut
>my edgy coarse humor/thoughts is just honesty, why is she upset about it

Anon, there's such a thing as tact.
>>
>>16629108
>>GF: "my best friend kissed like every guy at the party, lol"

"Awesome."

You insulted her friend. Yeah, she's a slut but let your gf say that.
>>
>>16629500
I am a girl and my advice applies to life in general: opinions are only to be given when asked.

Men feel so fucking entitled to their "freedom of speech" but girls are taught from a young age to watch their mouth.
>>
>>16629761
>I am a girl
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>16629761
That's silly because women are fucking vicious with their words
>>
>>16629761
TRIGGERED
>>
File: samuel-l-jackson.jpg (472 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
samuel-l-jackson.jpg
472 KB, 1000x1333
>>16629108
> What's the lesson here?
1. You called her best friend a slut.
2. She got mad.
3. ???
4. Profit!

Seriously? You insulted her best friend and DIDN'T expect to piss her off?
>>
>>16629108

every guy, or every hot guy? every guy, well thats slutty, thats like a guy goign and kissing every fat chick at a party. but if it was the hot guys then shes just a she-stud.

that being said, it sounds like you and your gf have different concepts of what gender interaction is. if it bugs you so much you cant censor yourself or her so much that she cant censor herself, then feel free to move on. there are no cheatcodes to change each other.
>>
I don't know why she even brought up the fact her friend was making out with a bunch of dudes to begin with? What was she wanting the OPs response to be? Good for her,give that girl a high five for me? Really It goes to show you shouldn't talk about people period.
>>
>>16629812
My point exactly.
>>
>>16629108
i would recommend finding a new girl friend
>>
>>16629202
Hurr durr what is nuance? Just because you're an insecure faggot who doesn't want women who've had multiple partners judging you against them, doesn't make it wrong. Women like sex, stop being butt hurt about it.
>>
>>16629167
but... she is a slut yes? thats the truth. truth might hurt but if we hid it all the time and got mad at anyone that brought it up we'd still have slaves and segregation and no progress towards equality yes?

>>16629761
pfftthhahahHAHAHAHAH

okay, I'm out.

oh man. yeah, lets just have a society with no social feedback at all, that'll work beautifully. I just, nope, I'm noping, not gonna get into this conversation with an obvious idiot.
>>
Yeah. She's your significant other, and your quality of conversation is that of a mediocre 4chan post. I wouldn't be really mad at you, but I'd be somewhat mad at you.
>>
>>16630648
She's not a slut, to me.
She chose to have sex with a single guy without having feelings for him. She was honest about her intentions. They didn't hurt anyone.
What's wrong with it?

> truth might hurt but if we hid it all the time and got mad at anyone that brought it up we'd still have slaves and segregation and no progress towards equality yes?
With the little difference that slavery and segregation hurt people, while two consenting single adults having sex outside of a committed relationship don't hurt anyone.

>a society with no social feedback at all
On personal sexual choices between adults? Yeah, that'd be nice.

We're two different idiots, by the way.
>>
>>16629108
You're a dickhead who has no respect for anyone including yourself. That's the lesson.
>>
>>16630648
Dude, she has a point. I guarantee you that some of the things you say, with absolute (and justified) confidence, would get almost any woman called "bitch" or "cunt" or possibly shut down in a less aggressive but exceptionally patronizing way. As a man you simply DON'T have to deal with the same kinds of "social feedback" she does.

Of course, it cuts both ways. Women are free to say and do things that would get almost any man not only shut down, but punched in the teeth, a privilege I think very few women are aware of.
>>
File: vorschau_sigmund_freud_1929.jpg (29 KB, 300x415) Image search: [Google]
vorschau_sigmund_freud_1929.jpg
29 KB, 300x415
Watch out, it's her subconscious speaking/reacting. She is hating at her friend, because she is living the loose life, your gf secretly desires. So by insulting her friend, you're actually insulting your gf, at least from her subconscious' perspective. Projection and shit. Be careful, she might be a cheating whore.
>>
>What's the lesson here?

you should stop being a non-descript cloud of edgy 4chan opinions, maybe.
>>
>>16630869
Can you enlighten me about this privilege that women have?
>>
>>16630869
It always feels good to have a man explain sexism in man logic. Feminism makes sense.
>>
>>16629167
/thread

>be respectful
>know your boundaries

This is why it's not cool to tell people that their family members are assholes, even if you have good reasons to do so. If somebody told me that my dad was a retard, I'd agree with them, because I think my dad is a fucking retard, but I'd still be angry, because I don't think it's fair for somebody to say that without knowing him as intimately as somebody in my family

This is something I think that everybody can relate to. It's just easy to overlook these sorts of boundary-related rules when you're dealing with people outside of your family

>pic related
>>
>>16629224
This is a good point actually. Maybe your gf was/is a slut OP
>>
"Slut" is a hurtful and degrading word. It just is. There's several ways you could have gotten the same sentiment across without coming across as a socially-incompetent asshole.

"Wow, that sounds kind of extreme. Do you know what she was thinking?"
"Well ... huh. That's certainly ... something, I guess."
"I hope that's not something she's going to regret later. Is she okay?"
"Not sure that was a really great idea. It's her life, though."

Having to pick the manner in which you express something is different from not being able to express what you want. If your girlfriend's sister has a hair-trigger temper, what's the right thing to say: "what your sister said earlier to me was pretty rude," or "sweetie, your sister is a raving bitch"?
>>
>>16631045
This.
You should have called her a whore instead.
>>
>>16629108
She is a slut OP, there's nothing inherently wrong or right with sluts, but a slut is a slut, the same way a car is a car. Just because people don't like being called sluts, doesn't mean they aren't sluts.
>>
>>16629108
>insult partners best friend
>lol I she mad tho
Gee I wonder, op
>>
>>16630989
If I'm a man in a certain type of bar and I come back from the bathroom and somebody's taken my seat, if I say something rude like "hey asshole, this seat is taken," there's a definite chance I'm going to be on the floor with a bloody nose five seconds later. Ditto if I inadvertently say something insulting about somebody and they overhear, or any number of other social missteps. If this happens, there's also a nonzero chance that whatever onlookers are present are going to actually encourage us to fight, instead of calling the cops or saying to the assailant, "dude, what the FUCK is wrong with you?"

I've seen this scenario play out several times. I'm not saying it never, ever happens to women, but it's far less likely and far less socially acceptable. As a man, verbal arguments are just a lot more likely escalate to actual physical violence.

Of course there are many other types of violence that women have to deal with that men rarely do. Many situations that are risky for women are not risky for men. Never think that this means I'm denying that.

>>16631009
I have no idea if you're trying to be sarcastic or not. My post did not mention feminism or sexism, and nothing I said was misleading or untrue.
>>
>>16629108
Shes probably a slut too
>>
That's just the price of expressing your opinion. You said x and the outcome was y. Sorry you don't like y.
>>
>>16629108
>defending slut
>hanging out with sluts

only sluts hangout with other sluts I would recommend you dumb your gf op before she does the same thing.
>>
>>16630899
this post is 100% correct.

OP be careful. Don't necessarily break up but pay attention. Also how much do you know about her past? Remember if your gf was not a slut (or not wanted to be one), she might have responded with "lol I know right", or "yeah she kinda is". Your gf was EXCITED to tell you about her friend's escapade, because this behavior is something she identifies with or would like to identify with, so you insulted your gf when you insulted her friend.

The idea that women really just care about their friends is a meme, women only have friends as social stepping stones.
>>
>>16631349
This. Women rat on each other like there's no tomorrow. By calling her friend a bitch, you insulted your gf's ideal. Her hard reaction comes from her ego.
>>
Man OP, you's a whipped bitch.
>>
Alright, my two cents-

I'm very protective of my friends. And if one of them is being slutty, but not hurting anyone (ex cheating, stealing friend's love interests, leading boys on on purpose, etc), I don't really think less of them. I'd be super pissed if anyone said anything negative about a friend unless it was deserved.

Her being slutty? That's a fact. You obvious disdain for it is what would upset me. I appreciate the honesty, but I'd also be very mad and protective. I dunno, maybe you guys just aren't a good match. I mean... you can't help how you feel. And whether or not you say it out loud doesn't change that. And you feeling that way at all is what would upset me.
>>
>>16631349
whoa dude, that's crazy. This may be the case with some women, likely even OPs, but I really can't stand blanket statements like these.

Maybe I've just lucked out, or I'm too dumb to pick up on it; but all my chick friends are genuine friends. Nothing to gain really, we just enjoy each other's company.

Don't get me wrong- I've seen the shit you're talking about... and I don't even consider people like that real human beings. It's creepy, and they all deserve each other in a swirling vortex of backstabbing and shittalking.
>>
>>16629108
I don't understand why in the year 2016 it's still ok for men to comment on the frequency of a woman's sexual activity as though it reveals something about their character. especially a woman they're not even dating or getting to know that well. it sure is easy to stand on the sidelines and call a woman a slut, but would you be so quick to call out a male friend who made a rape joke?
Your GF has every reason to be mad; you shit-talked her best friend and became the god almighty who determines how much sex is too much. it's just corny and immature, OP. women know that men who make shallow judgement calls like that are just secretly jealous that a woman is getting it in while their big and faithful weiners aren't having nearly as much fun or whatever. chillax, and try not to be a douche next time.
>>
Say sorry, make it up to her, don't do it again.
Was her best friend single? If so, then the story is irrelevant, because your gf is not.
>>
>>16631108

"Of course there are many other types of violence that women have to deal with that men rarely do. Many situations that are risky for women are not risky for men."

which is why I cringe at the word "privilege" being attributed to women. sure, there are very few scenarios where women can say things that men couldn't, but how many of these take place outside of a bar or your usual macho man convention? it's institutional for women to be shut-down and silenced. that's why we can't stand guys who can't control their mouth; it's a sign of an entitled prick who gets whatever they want and never invests in some introspection. a healthy, long-term anything requires introspection and self-criticism.

long story short, you fucked up OP.
>>
>>16631355
men only have friends as social stepping stones. welcome to everybody's an asshole 5ever regardless of gender
>>
>>16629108
I didn't read the whole thread, but am I the only one that seems to think that the girlfriend is trying to gauge his reaction to something that SHE (not the friend) did?
>>
>>16629227
>For further clarification, my gf doesn't see anything wrong with her best friend's behavior.
That says a lot about your girlfriend, and it's nothing positive.

>And I have not apologized, I'm just trying to understand if its okay to be yourself in a relationship and say what's on your mind even if it is hurtful.
You should be able to, yes. My guy and I tell each other everything and don't let opinions get in the way of shit. But if you're dating someone immature, that's going to be an issue.
>>
>>16629761
>I am a girl and my advice applies to life in general: opinions are only to be given when asked.
I have a vagina too but I think you're full of shit. If you don't want an opinion, don't open discussion.

>Men feel so fucking entitled to their "freedom of speech" but girls are taught from a young age to watch their mouth.
Unless you're in the middle-east or some third world shithole where basic human rights are not met, you're full of crap.
>>
>>16632343
>I don't understand why in the year 2016 it's still ok for men to comment on the frequency of a woman's sexual activity as though it reveals something about their character. especially a woman they're not even dating or getting to know that well.
The girlfriend brought it up first, expecting OP to say something. And generally, the people you hang around says a lot about who you are as a person.
>>
>>16632343
>I don't understand why in the year 2016 it's still ok for men to comment on the frequency of a woman's sexual activity as though it reveals something about their character. especially a woman they're not even dating or getting to know that well. it sure is easy to stand on the sidelines and call a woman a slut, but would you be so quick to call out a male friend who made a rape joke?
You mean commenting one how debase of moral value women of today are. And it depends on the rape joke. But words and actions dont hold anywhere near the same weight. Being a whore is worse than making rape jokes.
>>
If your gf gets cut over something like this just fucking dump her . Her friends a fucking slut. There's no argument or justification???? She has a tantrum which leads nowhere except for you feeling guilty about stating the facts??? Did she expect u to say oh she sounds like a girl of great moral character??? Honestly what the fuck does she expect..........
>>
>>16632343
why is tumblr on /adv/

good bait by the way
>>
>>16632435
If you boys seriously think girls choose their friends based off of how many guys they've had sex with, you need to go outside.
>>16632448
how is a rape joke not debase of moral value? you're literally laughing at a woman being brutalized and sexually humiliated without consent, and then laughing at the fact that she has no standing in society where the issue is actually considered serious or harmful. You're laughing at the fact that most women live in fear and anxiety, scheduling their daily activities based upon when they're less likely to be attacked by some privileged psycho? I don't get it. You're saying consensual sex is morally worse than nonconsensual sex?

Listen, if you don't like women because they don't like to be called whores and sluts for choosing who they have sex with, then cleanse yourself of your heterosexual desires.
If you think she's having a tantrum, just dump her. But I don't think OP would've made a post about it if he were truly confident that his behavior was sound and unworthy of angered retort. If all women are illogical chimps who deserve to be called sluts by men they haven't had sex with and who don't really know them personally, then by all means dump your GF and play with your hand. But you're not going to find many women who are cool with men using "slut" in the traditional sense because its fucking stupid and follows the same dudebrologic that makes men a whole lot cooler when they're using their dick and not their brain.
>>
>>16632596
neckbeards will swear up and down sex is about biology up until its fun to call a girl a slut and then it's not about biology at all, it's about "moral character".
the more men a woman has been around, engaging in sexual contact or non, the more likely she is to catch on to your coded language and the poor ideas you hold about women universally, and the less likely she is to settle down with you and let your petty logic decide her image of self. which is what men seem to really fear: that they're not fucking a timid virgin who will happily agree with every misogynistic 4chan meme uttered if only so totallyalphaniceguy won't think SHE's a slut like the rest. gimme a break.
>>
>>16632634
>you're literally laughing at a woman being brutalized and sexually humiliated without consent
People have rape fantasies. Whats your point. Also men get raped more than women.
>You're saying consensual sex is morally worse than nonconsensual sex?
Women logic.
Rape jokes does not condone rape. Just like a slut joke would not condone sluts. Your logic is so flawed I cant even respond further. Please try again. But I will give you that being a slut is barely a step above being a rapist. Just a different type of poison.
>>
>>16629108
The lesson here is;

Boats and Hoes
>>
>>16632387
>how many of these take place outside of a bar or your usual macho man convention?
Most of them. This sort of thing happens in parking lots, on the street, on the subway, in dorms and apartments, really almost anywhere verbal disagreements are likely to sometimes occur. I used the example of a bar fight because it's easy to understand, and so commonplace that nobody's likely to object, "oh, come on, that never fucking happens." I'm an adult. I don't think feminists are out to get me and I can't think of a woman in my life I don't fucking adore (and believe me, I do see some of the shit they have to put up on a daily basis with that I never, ever will) -- why would I bring something like this up if it was rare?

There's ways our society is unfair to men, because constraining gender roles do cut both ways (and here's where I'll probably get shouted down and told to go back to tumblr.) I can think of dozens of others; this is a pretty minor example. If the word 'privilege' doesn't seem appropriate to you for this, then I'm honestly curious what does.

All this is relatively academic (and I saged this post for irrelevancy); I'm not disagreeing with this one bit.
>it's institutional for women to be shut-down and silenced
>>
>>16632693
no, your head is too far up your ass. Rape jokes condone treating rape like a joke instead of an act of violence that affects predominantly women. Obviously. Slut jokes condone holding women to sexual standards that are nonexistent for men in a society where it's "funny" to brutalize women. There is nothing flawed with my logic; there is everything flawed with your reading comprehension skills. But please, continue being bitter and snide and full of idiocy, there's nothing women can do to change your mind. Just know we go out of our way to avoid creeps like you on the daily.
>>
>>16632722
If you're arguing that society is as unfair to men as it is to women, there's no need to continue. I am saying the violence, brutality, and prejudice women face is institutional; this is not the case for men. This is what I'm saying. That I even have to argue against a rape joke should illustrate how we live in a world where men get off to having women beaten down for arbitrary whims and passion, sexual and otherwise, that are not our own.
But seriously, if you guys don't already know this, the women in your life already know that you don't know this.
>>
>>16632787
>Rape jokes condone treating rape like a joke
No, they don't. Black humor is just that, humor. It has nothing to do with "condoning" the subject matter, no matter what it is or how taboo it is. Instead it is funny BECAUSE it is taboo, in a sort of "tee hee i cant believe he said that" way.
>>
>>16632800
>I am saying the violence, brutality, and prejudice women face is institutional; this is not the case for men.
That's a fine assertion you're making there. Care to support it in any way?
>>
>>16632803
sure, whatever makes you feel like you're a niceguy.jpg.
>>
>>16632823
>I have no answer
>better act like I'm the smart one
>>
>>16632787
>act of violence that affects predominantly women
this is false. its predominantly men
>Rape jokes condone treating rape like a joke
Whats your point here. Are you saying that its not possible to treat acts of violence as a joke. I joke about starving all the time. Are you saying that everyone who does so is no treating starving in a manner you find suitable.
>>
>>16632816
Other than the fact that women have been severely underrepresented in most every industry and media form until the mid-20th century? That they've consistently had to fight to be allowed to vote in most Western civilizations? That even to this day White women are receiving only 70-something cents to the man's dollar and even less for Black and Latina women? That the services and jobs traditionally held by women still make marginal pay even in the present day in comparison to their professional counterparts? That a woman's face during orgasm can't even be shown in a pg-13 movie in the 21st century? GO OUTSIDE. Why should I cite history when you're obviously intent on being right. Be right, sure. But most women aren't silly enough to believe that you're actually right, because they live in a much darker reality where even if you managed to prove an anon wrong on the Internet that's still a lot of energy you're putting out to silence women's regular ordeals. Trying this hard to prove me wrong illustrates the lengths men will go to in order to defend rape jokes, judging women morally based off of the sex they have, and all the while expecting them to carry your children and suck your dick. Truth is stranger than fiction, it really is.
>>
>>16632832
>>16632854
>>16632816

good night, all. maybe show this argument to your girlfriends and see what they think; get honest feedback from someone near and dear to your heart instead. i know it's difficult to humanize us over the Internet.
>>
>>16632858
>White women are receiving only 70-something cents to the man's dollar
This is false statistic stemming from career choices.
In same job women are payed the same.

Lying this hard just makes you look silly anon.
>>
No, you did a fine ass job. She will respect you for speaking your mind.
>>
>>16632872
bait
>>
>>16632875
It's a fact, not a bait.

This is a bait
>>16632858
>>
>>16632877
bait
>>
>>16632800
If what you took from that post was "society is as unfair to men as it is to women" then I'm pretty disappointed. Let me be explicit: there are forms of violence, prejudice, degradation, and social pressure that men have to endure, because they are men. These are in fact institutional. These are numerous issues and several of them are not small. Millions of men are badly hurt by them every day. If your inclination is to say "no, you're wrong" to this ... you don't have the right to do that. Sorry. You have no experience with this and you haven't made the effort to find out what I"m talking about; you're not qualified to have that opinion.

This, I wish it went without saying, in no way counterbalances or outweighs the vast and sweeping forms of violence, prejudice, degradation, and social pressure that women have to endure, because they are women. They exist, they're awful, and yes, several of them are evident in this thread (really, they're smeared across almost every post of this website.) I made no statement as to "who has it worse" for two reasons: 1. that kind of calculus is petty and distasteful and liable to anger people unnecessarily, 2. I have no experience with being a woman and wouldn't be qualified to render that kind of judgment in the first place. If you put a gun to my head? Yes, women have it worse. I wish you guys weren't faced with half the shit that you are.

Also, I realize this was a remark directed at everyone, but
>But seriously, if you guys don't already know this, the women in your life already know that you don't know this.
if directed at me, that's exceptionally inappropriate here. I'll be generous and respond anyway: I don't have to "know" anything. As I said, I'm lucky enough to have several fucking amazing women in my life who aren't in the least bit timid about telling me when something's unfair (or hurtful, or degrading, or ...) and it doesn't take a particularly large dose of maturity or humility to shut up and listen.
>>
Last note; it's well past my bedtime too. I realize you've signed off from this thread, but maybe you'll check back later.
>>16632869
Yes, I think I'll do just that, thanks. Good night.
>>
>>16632858
>women have been severely underrepresented in most every industry
Might it have something to do with the fact that up until the industrial revolution, the traditional married life of man work, woman keep house was the best way to keep your way of life and raise a family? And things took a while to change after that because 1) technological progress takes a while to perfect things, and 2) human society doesn't change overnight?
>and media form until the mid-20th century
What media has there even been before then that would be so numerous to impact society at large? Books? Plenty of female authors. Film? Up until the dawn of the century practically nonexistent, after that plenty of female actors. Theatre? I'll give to you that women were probably not permitted to play, but there were plenty of female characters. Music? Nigga, please. Also, how is media representation an example of "violence, brutality, and prejudice"?
>they've consistently had to fight to be allowed to vote in most Western civilizations
In most Western civilizations, the right to vote was tied to property ownership, not gender. Now, granted, most property owners were men, but if a woman did reach the threshhold (and there are records of this happening), she could vote just like any poor man couldn't.
>That even to this day White women are receiving only 70-something cents to the man's dollar and even less for Black and Latina women
This is simply false. The 77-cents-to-a-dollar statistic was taken by taking an average pay of ALL working men versus the average pay of ALL working women, completely ignoring factors such as differences in job field representation, seniority, amount of overtime etc. Factoring in all these variables makes the differences barely noticeable.
>the services and jobs traditionally held by women still make marginal pay even in the present day in comparison to their professional counterparts
"Traditionally held by women" means nothing in today's world.
>>
>>16632858
>>16632936
>a woman's face during orgasm can't even be shown in a pg-13 movie in the 21st century
Why would you want to? And again, how is this a point of "violence, brutality, and prejudice"?
>Why should I cite history when you're obviously intent on being right.
Because the history you've been taught in school is false.
>But most women aren't silly enough to believe that you're actually right, because they live in a much darker reality where even if you managed to prove an anon wrong on the Internet that's still a lot of energy you're putting out to silence women's regular ordeals.
Which is why most anything I ever hear about women's suffering nowasays is silly whining bullshit about stuff that doesn't actually affect them in any way except on an emotional level.
>Trying this hard to prove me wrong
This hard? Nigga, this is baby walk.
>illustrates the lengths men will go to
Implying only men do this.
>in order to defend rape jokes
Okay, how about this? Some rape victims turn to this type of black humor in order to deal with the trauma of being raped. The human mind works in weird way, but something about making light of your personal tragedy helps people. Is that a good enough reason for you to stop knocking rape jokes?
>judging women morally based off of the sex they have
Now please explain to me how is making a moral judgement on someone for something they have done bad.
>and all the while expecting them to carry your children and suck your dick
A man who judges a woman for having had too much sex is not going to want her to carry his children. On the other hand, he will want her to suck her dick because as far as he know, that's just what she does.
>>
File: umad.jpg (40 KB, 418x354) Image search: [Google]
umad.jpg
40 KB, 418x354
>Calling your girlfriend's best friend a slut.

Are you fucking retarded or something?

>>16629167
>>16629167
>>16629167
>>16629167
>>
>>16632427
How did the girlfriend open discussion? She did not ask for his opinion but merely presented him with facts.

Also, shutting down other women doesn't make you obtain the status of a man. It's not because you might not experience as much sexism, that it doesn't exist for all of us. Stand up for fellow women instead of fighting them.
>>
>>16633095
You can't just shut your mouth after someone conveys information that you heavily agree/disagree with. Hell, if I told my gf that my boss is forcing me to work this Saturday, is she just supposed to shut up? No, she'll probably say something like: "what an asshole". You're delusional if you think people should only speak about something when asked.
>>
>>16632722
So you think not getting beaten up is a "privilege"? How sick to think that men can go so far as to argue that sexism isn't real, like saying "oh but women can get laid anytime they want." That's not what a privilege is. Privilege is getting paid more because you're man. Privilege is getting elected over a woman because you're a man. Privilege is getting promoted because you're a man. Privilege is raping someone and getting away with it. How dare you -again- shut down women by pointing to so-called "privileges" that are no privileges at all. I am happy you can respect women and have an insight in what we have to deal with but don't forget where we're all coming from and what you've inherited. You haven't got the slightest clue how easy you truely have it.
>>
>>16633123
What the fuck are you doing here, Tumblr? Say it with me guys:

Shoo Tumblr, shoo
Shoo Tumblr, shoo
Shoo Reddit, shoo
Shoo Tumblr, shoo
>>
>>16632823
Exactly. Mr. Privilege over here has no idea what rape culture is but feels entitled to talk about it like he does. You are not raising awareness by making fun of rape, you're just encouraging rapists to keep on raping because their victims won't be taken seriously anyway. He's the same guy who thinks it's funny to use "nigga" because "it's not like he means it." Bro, it's not your joke to make. It's a rape victim's or black person's joke to make. I get that it's easier to make fun of the socially inferior, it's much harder to come up with a joke that everyone can laugh at.
>>
>>16632854
Yeah, it's hilarious that people are dying of starvation while you're over here with a fridge full of food. Dick.
>>
>>16633114
> comparing calling female friend a slut to calling boss an asshole

Mmmkay.
>>
I don't know your girlfriend so it's useless to be like everyone else in this thread and argue about what she meant.

I will only say what I know, and that is that if it were me I would be pissed because I am very protective of my friends.
>>
>>16633146
That wasn't the point. The point was that
>only give opinion when asked
is an insane idea. Obviously they're not the same.
>>
>>16632938
>>16632936

Look at you guys, too busy trying to be "right" for any cost including repressing women yet again, missing the point by going over details.
>>
>>16633152
Oh, I'm sorry. I'll just shut up and let you defend this asshole who thinks it's okay to insult the people his girlfriend cares about.
>>
>>16633133
>Mr. Privilege over here has no idea what rape culture is
Course I do. It's men being able to rape any woman they just see walking down the street, then having that woman be stoned to death while the man get off scot free. Let me ask you a question: If we, in Western society, live in a rape culture, why is rape illegal? Why is being branded a rapist so life-damaging even when the allegation is false? Explain that to me, please.
>You are not raising awareness by making fun of rape
You don't seem to understand the point of a joke.
>you're just encouraging rapists to keep on raping because their victims won't be taken seriously anyway
Show me a rape victim that has not been taken seriously. Extra hard mode: the victim has to be female.
>He's the same guy who thinks it's funny to use "nigga" because "it's not like he means it."
Stop tone policing me.
>Bro, it's not your joke to make. It's a rape victim's or black person's joke to make.
Yeah, no. Anyone can amke any joke they want.
>I get that it's easier to make fun of the socially inferior
Most of the rape jokes I know poke fun at the act itself. They don't denigrate the victim, but rather make light at the subject, and I would argue that that serves to make the act less scary.
>it's much harder to come up with a joke that everyone can laugh at
You can't come up with a joke that everyone can laugh at. You simply can't. Some people will get offended at the most benign shit possible, while others will find the wishy-washy PC humor of "not offending anyone" too weak to be considered funny.
>>
>>16633156
Going over every single detail in it is missing the point? So basically no part of that post was important, just the message itself, is that right?
>>
>>16629108

The lesson here is not to take notice of sluttiness
Open your mind

Sluts are wonderful, brave, unstable people that go against the grain and risk slut shaming, just because they're horny as shit

They bring so much joy to people. Yes they arent dating/relationship material, but still.

Look at sluts for what they are: someone who makes single guys/girls nights that little bit more exciting at the cost of their own reputation, and thank the lord for blessing us with her slutty ass

Bless up
>>
>>16633159
Now I know you're a troll. Stop with this shit and let people discuss like adults.
>>
>>16633166
No one's discussing here like adults. It's just men telling women that they're wrong.
>>
File: 1.gif (561 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
561 KB, 625x626
>>16633204
>everybody who agrees with me is a woman
>everybody who disagrees is a man
>>
>>16633160
You are so unbelievably ignorant and stupid at so many levels I cannot even. I don't even understand why you're argueing. I would rather you just tell me to go back to Tumblr than to contradict me so emptily.

Educate yourself. Look up rape statistics. It's not because an act is illegal that it gets incriminated. Let's go over the stages. You file a report, you have to retell the story of how you got raped. You get asked embarrassing questions like "what were you wearing", "were you drunk" or "were you sexually promiscuous" BECAUSE THESE ARE REAL ARGUMENTS USED AGAINST RAPE VICTIMS BY JUDGES TODAY. Evidence is extremely hard to gather as only sperm within the vagina would basically be accepted as evidence. Then the prosecutor gets to decide whether the case is interesting enough to pursue. An extreme minority of cases actually make it to court. Statistics: 3% of rapists actually go to prison. Psychologists speak of the "second rape" when victims try to get their rapists behind bars. I didn't even mention the stigmatisation bh the direct environment of the victim. "You were a slut and now you're too afraid to admit it." "You're just trying to get attention." Are you surprised victims won't go to the police after they got raped, especially if the rapist is someone they know? It's unfair they had to get raped in the first place, going to the police is just an even bigger pain in the ass. You have no fucking clue what you are talking about therefore you have no fucking right to joke about it.
>>
>>16633250
Finally there's someone sane here
>>
>>16633160
A rapist is much more likely someone that you know. You want an example of a woman not being taken seriously? My best friend got raped for years by her cousin. She told her parents now because she is dealing with serious PTSD symptoms. Her PTSD is the only reason she is telling people now. She suffers severe stress and anxiety, hyperventilates, gets severe heart pains so that she can't function on a daily basis. She is not my friend anymore, she is the nervous counterpart that you can't hold a conversation with anymore. At first, her parents were sympathetic, but now they are ignoring the issue. They want her to go back to university and study. They assume she can't get out of bed because of laziness. I understand it must be extremely hard for the parents to deal with because a rape is a fait accompli, there is nothing you can do about it. But fact is that statistically speaking, one of your female friends or family members has been raped. She just can't tell anyone.

Professional comedians can make jokes that EVERYONE can laugh at. They can joke about sexism in a way that actually raises awareness to how unfair it is rather than justifying it. Good humour is hard to find. You have to be intelligent to make a good joke. You're an idiot if the only jokes you can come up with are harmful and I would respect you more if you'd just admit that instead of keeping your head up your ass trying to justify your idiotic assertions.
>>
>>16633160
Yeah, a man being socially ostracised for something he didn't do sucks. But it's nothing compared to PTSD caused by rape. At least the man can go to work, start a family, move away. You can't escape an illness of your own mind. I also know zero men who have actually been falsely accused and know plenty of women being slutshamed. Yes, this is relevant because slutshaming and victimblaming use the same rhetoric and both hold up rape culture.
>>
a) your girlfriend isn't cool
b) she's about to have her period
c) instead of being easy-going you were just being a bitch and insulting her friend
>>
>>16633271
>Can go to work and start a family from prison from false rape accusations
>Losing his job and a family from fake rape accusations
I don't think you are qualified to talk about this issue if you don't even understand that.
>>
>>16633160
Please tell me a rape joke that is of high standard and doesn't insult victims.
>>
>>16633250
>Let's go over the stages
Yes, let's
>You file a report
Yes, that is generally how you report a crime.
>you have to retell the story of how you got raped
A.k.a. you give your testimony.
>You get asked embarrassing questions like "what were you wearing", "were you drunk" or "were you sexually promiscuous"
Because you have to give details about the crime. The police are not psychic, they need to ask as many questions as possible so they can better investigate your report.
>BECAUSE THESE ARE REAL ARGUMENTS USED AGAINST RAPE VICTIMS BY JUDGES TODAY
Citation needed. I'm pretty sure it's the defense attorney who makes arguments against the plaintiff.
>Evidence is extremely hard to gather as only sperm within the vagina would basically be accepted as evidence
Which is why it's so common to view the accused as a rapist right off the bat, why the victim is so easily believed and why false accusations of rape are so easily turned into convictions (see Tyler Kost for example).
>Then the prosecutor gets to decide whether the case is interesting enough to pursue
I doubt that "being interesting" is a factor in whether the prosecutor decides to press charges. I'd say it's more like "being able to win the trial".
>An extreme minority of cases actually make it to court
I wonder why that is.
>Statistics: 3% of rapists actually go to prison.
That reads to me as "3% of men accused of rape are actually guilty".
>Psychologists speak of the "second rape" when victims try to get their rapists behind bars.
And what does that mean?
>I didn't even mention the stigmatisation bh the direct environment of the victim
You're mentioning it right now.
>"You were a slut and now you're too afraid to admit it." "You're just trying to get attention."
Implying those never happen.
>Are you surprised victims won't go to the police after they got raped, especially if the rapist is someone they know?
Considering there is so much work put into convincing victims to actually do it, yes, I am.
>>
>>16633160
If the point of a rape joke is not to raise awareness then what is it? It's to laugh in the victim's faces and reassure them their pain won't be taken seriously.
>>
File: 1450853313421.gif (328 KB, 1000x773) Image search: [Google]
1450853313421.gif
328 KB, 1000x773
>>16633250
>BECAUSE THESE ARE REAL ARGUMENTS
They're not arguments, they're investigative questions. Stop spinning bullshit.
>>
File: 1449251935603.jpg (10 KB, 255x200) Image search: [Google]
1449251935603.jpg
10 KB, 255x200
>>16633271
>At least the man can go to work, start a family, move away.
>tfw can't work because convicted rapist
>tfw no one will marry me because went to prison
I'd ask if we could admit that they're both really bad things, but then I remember that 4chan is inhabited solely by 14 year old faggots

>I also know zero men who have actually been falsely accused
Alright, fair enough
>and know plenty of women being slutshamed
What? These two things are not equivalent at all. Look, you even realize it later in your own paragraph:
>Yes, this is relevant because slutshaming and victimblaming use the same rhetoric and both hold up rape culture.
C'mon man, you can do better than this
>>
>>16633302
Holy kek, I'm stealing that gif
>>
>>16633302
Fact: rapists don't go to prison because the victim was wearing provocative clothing.

Stop being so blindsighted. Stop calling me out on simple words. You are missing the message. It's okay if you don't want to take rape seriously because it's icky and taboo. Just don't say anything then, do not contribute to the harm that's already made.
>>
>>16633313
Might wanna start including sources with these "facts"
Because in fact that fact wasn't a fact at all
>>
>>16633318
Shut your fucking face. It's what I've been taught in criminal law.
>>
>>16633266
Okay, now how about an example that is not made up? Also example of those "professional comedians" capable of doing that?
>>
>>16633320
Then surely you have sources if you have been educated on the subject.
Or is resorting to insults the only thing you can do?
>>
>>16633308
You're not really providing me with counterarguments either so I can't respond.
>>
>>16633294
There is no point of discussing with someone who is so eager to shut me down and won't listen.
>>
>>16633282
Define "high standard".
Also: R Kelly. Taking the art out of rap artist.
>>
>>16633330
Well I'm not super invested in this argument or anything. I just thought that was a really dumb post.
>>
>>16629171
truth.
>>
>>16633327
Why do you assume I made that up?
>>
>>16633333
Well boys, time to pack up. Pents has spoken.
>>
>>16633333
I would be willing to listen to you if most of your arguments weren't blatant lies and misrepresentation of reality.
>>
>>16633341
Why shouldn't I?
>>
>>16633333
Most of what you have said is straight up lies or twisting the truth. Calling that out isn't "shutting you down and won't listen" it's destroying your argument
>>
>>16633328
Asking for sources is not really the same as conducting an intelligent discussion.
>>
>>16633327
Jonas Geirnaert: "I would love to make a joke about women at work but that would be kinda cheap."
>>
>>16630701
I think he was refering to OPs gf's bff. Trading fluids with that many dudes in one sitting... fucking unhygenic, absolutely disgusting disregard for basic hygene. Slut is a pretty apt term for her. She should be ashamed of herself, just like people who don't wash their hands after using the bathroom, or don't wipe their ass. Gross.
>>
File: 1305225003847.jpg (56 KB, 683x519) Image search: [Google]
1305225003847.jpg
56 KB, 683x519
>>16633348
Yes, providing sources for these so called "facts" is in fact that.

Sourced discussion is in fact just about the highest level of intelligent discussion you can go. That also happens to be the exact opposite of responding to a source request with an anecdote and insult.

Lemme get that reference triangle for you for future.
Notice the position "name calling"
>>
>>16633345
Because you asked for an example of a female victim and I gave you one.
>>
>>16633360
So you just expect me to listen and believe?
>>
>>16633355
No one's responding to me in a serious manner, giving any counter-sources. Calling my anecdote made up. Calling what I say lies.
>>
>>16633365
Then don't ask me to give one. Man logic.
>>
File: 1427575878100.jpg (12 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1427575878100.jpg
12 KB, 184x184
>>16629167
While this is true due to the fact our generation is pussified to the max
What is right is right and remember OP birds of a feather flock together.
If you're not seeing this becoming an issue on your end I got bad news for you.
I agree with the above statement but I personally would dump her ass if she pulled this on me.
>>
>>16633375
>it's not my job to provide evidence for my bullshit claims
>>
>>16633367
That's what they are, lies, until you provide a source.

Which should not only immediately prove you right but also respond to you seriously. This is what happens in intelligent discussion when proper sources are used with arguments.

Repeating well known false facts isn't nice to your credibility you know.
>>
>>16632800
It's a fact that men are significantly more likely to be the victim of random acts of violence than women are. It's more likely that women willbe the victim of TARGETED acts of violence though, usually at the hands of people they know or trust, often a significant other.Violence against men, especially young men, is seen as less problematic than violence against women. It is nowhere near as damning to admit you punched a strange man because he made you angry as it is to say you hit a woman for the same reason. Violence against women is far more stigmatized than violence against men. It's a fact.
>>
>>16633346
>>16633343
>>16633342
What the fuck did I lie about? That rapists don't go to prison because their victim was drunk? 3% of rapists go to prison? Half or rapes are commited by partners and ex-partners?

Www.rainn.org
There is your fucking source. I'm sure you won't even click on it since you don't give a fuck about rapes. All you care about is proving me wrong.
>>
File: 1383345790385.jpg (119 KB, 603x452) Image search: [Google]
1383345790385.jpg
119 KB, 603x452
>>16632343
>IT'S THE NEXT YEAR
>>
>>16632878
It's not bait you drooling idiot. Women WORK LESS then men on average. They take more sick days, work less overtime. Fucking educate yourself you SPED.
>>
>>16633380
So I suspect if your daughter came up to you and told you that your nephew has forced his dick into her mouth, she will have to provide you with hard wired evidence?
>>
>>16633389
I trust the FBI more than you, when the FBI statistics say that for every 32 accusations of rape only 7 lead to even an arrest that means the ratio of false rape accusations is is 3.5:1 for every real suspected rape 3.5 men are accused of rape unjustifiably.

That's from your own source btw, which refer to justice department and FBI statistics.
>>
>>16633389
>https://rainn.org/get-information/statistics/reporting-rates
What a very well sourced and articulated page. I am convinced.

I'm going to try to find and go through the "cited" studies to see their validity, but for now I see nothing that convincing.
>>
>>16633405
You mean talking to your own offspring face to face is exactly the same thing as talking to some random anon on the internet?
>>
>>16633405
>where and when did this happen?
>I don't know, it's not my job to provide evidence
>>
>>16633416
How is it different? It's exactly the same. The story of my friend is true. I don't care if you're a dick towards me, I can take it. I am doing it to protect her. You guys are the exact reason why real victims don't bother telling anyone let alone report it.
>>
>>16633420
In Morocco between the ages of 13 and 17. She lost his virginity to him. Anything else?
>>
>>16633411
That doesn't mean the accusation is false. It means there is no evidence. Please know the difference.
>>
>>16633430
Which is why you can't say 3% of "rapists" go to prison when those people never had any actual evidence against them.

And this is why shit you spout is in fact lies and twistings of reality.

Please realize the difference between an actual real rape and "rape" and false accusations
>>
>>16633336
Why thank you for your useless contribution. Loser. Go back to playing wow and only caring about your shallow, empty life.
>>
>>16633424
Okay, let's see. If my non-existent daughter came to me to tell me about this, she would be doing so because she'd be hurt and scared and would be seeking help and refuge. You, on the other hand, are just seeking to support and propagate the myth of rape culture. Talking face to face, there are non-verbal cues to detect the truth or lies, the authenticity of distress, etc. Also, talking to a family member makes you react differently no matter how aware of that you are. Is that different enough for you?
>>
>>16633441
Like 90% of people in the world
Minus the wow part.
I'm not the guy who you were talking to but most people fall into that margin
>>
>>16633438
What is "rape"?
>>
>>16633430
Also you should remember the core tenet of justice, innocent until proven guilty. Should be fairly close to hearth to anyone who claims to study law.

>>16633446
Stop raping me
>>
>>16633444
The reason I am so passionate about this is because I am seeing my friend in agony every single day. I don't see any difference.
>>
>>16633447
Did I ever claim something different you useless piece of shit?

No. You are not funny.
>>
>>16633453
...of course you don't.
>>
Reminder to people every day rapist like this guy can roam free
>>16633457

Promote rape awareness so we can get these evil people to jail.
>>
>>16633460
You sound like those protestfags we had a few years ago. Don't hold your breath waiting for somebody on 4chan to change their minds or practice empathy or generally be anything other than a god damn wasted husk of a human being. It's a place we're ALLOWED to be miserable.
>>
File: tyler.jpg (37 KB, 374x421) Image search: [Google]
tyler.jpg
37 KB, 374x421
I don't know who is who in this thread anymore.
>>
So none of you actually contradicted me on a substantial matter. I got called a liar, saying I am twisting the truth, I am making things up. This is exactly how rape victims are treated. This shows exactly how rape isn't taken seriously. This demonstrates rape culture. Two hours and I haven't gotten any constructive discussion out of it. All it shows is that people prefer being ignorant and bitter about women and will do anything to prove her wrong.

/thread
>>
>>16633133
>Mr. Privilege over here has no idea what rape culture is
Men who are victims of rape have it worse than women when it comes to being taken seriously, to being supported and to emerging victorious in court. I do not claim that either men or women are generally more privileged than the other, that is a very broad and complicated question. I just want to drop by and strongly suggest that you do not defend the concept of male privileges by bringing up the treatment of rape in the western judicial system. Women are privileged when it comes to rape both when they are the victim and the perpetrator.
>>
Maybe Hitler was right.
>>
>>16633474
That's because you were lying.
Stuff like this is straight up lies.
>3% of rapists go to prison
When your own link proved your wrong, the only rebutal you had that "well they might still be raping people"

That's exact definition of twisting the truth.

Stop making a fool out of yourself and people might listen mate.
>>
>>16633474
Depending on who you are, it as a strong possibility that none of your claims were substantiated or backed up in any way. But please do go on thinking that you're always right.
>>
>>16633250
>Psychologists speak of the "second rape" when victims try to get their rapists behind bars
that is the worst thing they could possibly do
>>
>>16633405
The closer someone is to me, the harder it is for them to lie to me. So if it was my daughter, of course I'd believe her. But if it was some random woman, I'd be skeptical. I have no clue who she is and how she is as a person.

90% of 4chan stories are *probably* bullshit. So to just believe your story is insane. It's easy to pretend if the conversation is non-serious, but when it's an important discussion, you can't take everything at face value.
>>
>>16633483
hitler was an ok guy
>>
>>16633474
I have provided in-depth responses to several posts by either you or someone else on your side. Almost nothing I sad has gotten any reply apart from "wow oh wow its 2061 alreday". You have not gotten any constructive discussion because you did nothing to facilitate it.
>>
>>16633494
It's current year + 1 already. You should know better
>>
>>16633475
Using male rape to silence female rape victims is insulting to all rape victims always, you scumbag.
>>
File: baby-with-evil-look.jpg (16 KB, 367x261) Image search: [Google]
baby-with-evil-look.jpg
16 KB, 367x261
>>16633474
>/threads himself
>>
>>16633499
>silence
There's that word again.
>>
>>16633499
Try to watch your language, someone here is trying to have constructive discussion.

I mean people like you just spouting insults really hamper guy like that
>>16633474
>>
>>16629183
Underrated post
>>
>>16633525
True. I mean if she isn't grossed out by it then she clearly has no problem with sucking 20+ dude's faces in one night. Makes you wonder what else she's down for. OP might be dating a closet whore.
>>
>>16633499
I am not trying to silence any victim. I am making a post on the internet with the purpose of helping you communicate your opinion. You can say that women statistically suffer more often from rape but you cannot say that the rape legal court is rigged against women. Males are privileged in the first argument and women are privileged in the second. Therefore you should say the first but you should not say the second. If you say the right words then people will take you more seriously and listen to what you have to say.
>>
>>16630622
Found the slut
>>
>>16633539
Sluts everywhere, mang.
>>
>gf was at a NYE party without you
>her best friend was kissing every single guy in sight
>gets mad when you rightfully call her a slut
Her best friend wasn't the only one who gave out some NYE smooches.
>>
>>16633548
nailed it. She was testing the waters. Confession by proxy.
>>
>>16633536
Thank you so much for your help by discrediting anything I am saying.
>>
>>16633564
>Thank you for pointing out how the lies I am spreading are lies
FTFY
>>
>>16633566
One person argued about the 3% statistic. That's it for all the lies I am spreading.
>>
>>16633576
>One person argued about the 3% statistic
>discrediting anything I am saying
Well, which is it, then?
>>
>>16633566
But obviously shit's different when it's your daughter who'd be raped. She's a human being, after all. Not like all those sluts.
>>
>>16633581
That was the "but male rape!" dude. Pay attention.
>>
>>16633564
I have written the following.
>I do not claim that either men or women are generally more privileged than the other, that is a very broad and complicated question. I just want to drop by and strongly suggest that you do not defend the concept of male privileges by bringing up the treatment of rape in the western judicial system
I am not personally attacking you or everything you stand for. I am talking about one thing.
>>
>>16633576
Pretty much everything you said was false or twisting of truth in similar fashion. That was just the one point I decided to demonstrate.
>>
>>16633589
Don't dodge the question. Is everything you say being discredited or is it just that one thing?
>>
your gf basically supports her friend's slutty behavior

that says alot about herself

red flag
>>
File: FB_IMG_1449962763584.jpg (93 KB, 805x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449962763584.jpg
93 KB, 805x960
>>16633474
This is so typical of 3rd wave feminist arguments.
We called you out on your unsupported lies, you resorted to ad hominem attacks (on more than one occasion), and finally, you're going to take your ball and go home and declare yourself the winner of the debate because we are all stupid and won't "listen" to you.
This is absolutely how you get people to not take you seriously.
>>
File: Innocent until proven guilty.png (27 KB, 553x192) Image search: [Google]
Innocent until proven guilty.png
27 KB, 553x192
>>16633348
>>
>>16633633
I think it would be more fair to say that it's typical behavior of an immature and argumentative person with an extremist agenda. It doesn't really matter what group they claim to be representing.
>>
>>16633633
So just because I am in an inferior position to you and I have to prove myself, I can't resort to ad hominem like every single person on 4chan does? Please jump off of your ironic high horse.
>>
>>16633642
Look at you, being all inclusive on that fence. How does it feel to not have any opinions whatsoever?
>>
>>16633558
>Confession by proxy
Correct. She was looking for a "Well, it's NYE after all! haha!" response so she could feel better about herself or even mention how she got involved with a little "Haha, I know! They even managed to steal a few kisses off me! It's so crazy haha!" kind of response. She didn't get that. Now she realises she's a slut and wasn't given the out she needed, so she mad.
>>
>>16633640
All she wants is being listened to. She isn't at the police station, is she?
>>
>>16633651
All she wants is attention. Same as you, fishing for (You)s all thread and being given them by the most easily trolled board on the site.
>>
>>16633651
That's right, shitlords, just listen and believe. I mean, it's the current year!
>>
File: 1447937525809.png (291 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
1447937525809.png
291 KB, 600x512
>>16633644
>So just because I am in an inferior position to you
>>
>>16633597

>>16633595
Seriously?
>>
>>16633661
Still dodging the question.
>>
>>16633644
>waaaahhhh why is no one taking me seriously
>relax guys it's just 4channel anime boards
>>
>>16633651
Claiming that a person committed a crime automatically leads to a discussion about evidence and that's ok. We instinctively follow this normal procedure because if we didn't then a person could be publicly defamed for nothing. The same reaction would have happened if it was a guy who claimed she raped him.
>>
>>16633653
All of a sudden it's all about believing. When your bro gets beaten up, you'll obviously assume he's lying, right? He has to prove to your entitled ass that he suffered harm, doesn't he? Or say he has an abusive gf, would you believe him?

This is so clearly a gendered thing. All women are manipulative attention whores, let's never take them seriously.
>>
>>16633647
The fence is really comfy.
>>
>>16633664
EVERYTHING. Djeez, go fap or something.
>>
>>16633672
>When your bro gets beaten up, you'll obviously assume he's lying, right?
If there's no evidence? Yeah, I do. If he's got a black eye, broken nose and bruised knuckles, then I'll take his word for it. If he hasn't so much as a scratch on him or waits months/years to tell me he was in a fight, I'll assume he's talking shite. Most guys assume stories their mates tell are bullshit anyway, I'd say.
>>
>>16633672
Ye if he has no obvious injuries and his story doesn't actually add up to reality ye I would assume hes lying.

>was totally beaten yesterday at X
>but bro you were with me here the entire day
>why don't you just believe and obey?
>>
>>16633644
You approached this whole thing a certain manner, wanting to be taken seriously, and I didn't see a single person call you names. This was treated as a serious discussion by almost everyone ITT besides you.
And inferior position? Are you just implying that we're bullies because there's more of us? Because that wouldn't be a very wise thing to do either.
>>
>>16633672
When my bro turns up at my place with a black eye and broken nose, I'm going to believe him when he says he got his ass handed to him. If some wannabe tough guy on Twitter says it, I'm gonna call him out on it. Nice false equivalence, though.
>>
>>16633591
> I do not claim that one gender is more privileged than the other

That is exactly what you are doing. It is insulting to male victims. Also, how is being believed you were raped a privilege? Do you know what a privilege is?
>>
File: obama_laughing_rectangle.jpg (275 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
obama_laughing_rectangle.jpg
275 KB, 660x440
>>16633644
>So just because I am in an inferior position to you
>>
>>16633672
>"You wouldn't question someone who is really really REALLY close to you and therefore the concept of doubting strangers is wrong"
Just out of curiosity, are you the same person who made this post >>16633405 about believing a raped daughter? This is distressing behavior and I hope you're ok.
>>
>>16633680
There, was that so hard? So your rebuttal here >>16633576 to my post here >>16633566 is in fact bullshit.
>>
>>16633653
I will not deny I am procrastinating from studying human rights and having fun.
>>
OP, your girlfriend was messing around with other guys. She just have you permission to do the same with other chicks. Go get herpes and then pass it on to your filthy tramp gf.
>>
>>16633660
Using black people to silence women, huh? How progressive of you.
>>
>>16633693
Is it possible for a person to disagree with you about the use of an argument without disagreeing about all things you say and if yes, what words should I use in order to communicate this to you?
>>
>>16633690
Because I have to "prove" absolutely anything I am saying while you shits get to yell "lies!" at me. That's not very constructive. It was never a serious discussion. No constructive questions were asked, only rhetoric ones. I don't care about being bullied. You are clearly treating me like less since you are not taking me seriously. I am a woman thus inferior position. That's reality I have come to accept. I am angry, yes, so I do call you an idiot when you're being ignorant. I am angry at all women and men that act like pieces of shit towards me because I am a woman. Get fucked.
>>
>>16633698
What is distressing about my behaviour? If my best friend opens up to me in tears, I won't doubt her because I am not an inconsiderate fuck.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.