[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: dunk.gif (236 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
dunk.gif
236 KB, 500x500
OK so I recently entered into a relationship with a friend of mine, whom I've been friends with for nearly 7 years now. I really think she's cool, and even though it's only been a few days, it feels like it's going ok.

But about half a year ago, I was dumped by basically the love of my life, and since then I've found myself unable to love correctly. When I look at my friend/newgirlfriend, I don't feel what I probably should for someone I made a partner, but as the same friend I've known for years. Plus I'm planning on working on my career as an actor/author and I don't know if these two areas of my life will conflict.

So what do I do? She is a really good person, and I love her, but I don't feel like I'm IN LOVE with her. Do I give it time, and see what happens? Or do I drop it now and destroy the risk of leading her on?

Gif unrelated
>>
Every woman deserves to be loved. I think you are getting to be undisciplined - because of your heartache. Don't hurt others in the process. Back off, and be patient to find someone you really love.
>>
>>16628618
OP here, that's what I was thinking. I don't feel ready to try and love again, and if I end up feeling the same way later into the relationship, and she ends up liking me even more, it's gonna hurt her more.
>>
>>16628635

sounds to me like you dont really love her. if there is a 'spark' go for it but it sounds like you just knew someone for so long that you got tooooo comfortable with them and were in that practically dating space anyway.

id break it off and explain that you want to keep being friends for another 7 years. explain the 'soulmate' friends idea and that is what confused you.
>>
>>16628637
Am OP, pretty good advice. Thanks Anon, she's coming over later today in the PM so that's as good a time as any to sit her down and explain.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.