[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Selling off stamps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
I am thinking of selling of the stamps that I've owned since I was a kid. How to find out how much they are worth and where to sell them?
Pic unrelated - I downloaded the pic from Google
>>
You can find the value of just about anything collectible by searching eBay for it, clicking "refine" and having it only show you sold items. take a few samples and hammer out an average to see how much they're selling for

if that doesn't work with stamps for whatever reason, then fuck, idk
>>
>>16628110

this is the best advice really, but the hard part is knowing exactly what your stamp actually is. i inherited a LARGE as fuck stamp collection, and followed the online examples of how to find out its worth (most sites claim its about counting the perforations, but its not).

i eventually took it to a collector shop type place to get it appraised. I unfortunately learned that the entire collection was hella useless. three generations old and worth nothing.
>>
>>16628114
>three generations old and worth nothing
Aren't old stamps very valuable?
>>
>>16628118

not inherently. like anything, if there is an abundance they are worth nothing at all.

the rarest stamps were single print type things that got slightly altered before the second print. if you look closely you can see distinct differences between them, such as a difference in the lines on a presidents hair, or a different curl to their smile. little things.

but considering that stamp collecting is such a big thing (its the most well known collecting hobby in america) there are a lot of stamps that are just easy to come by. i had a box of a bunch of stamps that looked mostly the same, confirming they are rather useless.

i could hve gone through each and every stamp with a hardcore collector/appraiser, but the guy who went through my collection said it wouldnt even be worth it.
>>
>>16628124
>its the most well known collecting hobby in america
I thought nobody collects stamps these days
>>
>>16628127

i imagine its died down in popularity, but can you imagine anything else thats as collected? its a cliche thing for a reason.
>>
>>16628114
>hella

For your resolution, stop using that word, you wicked cahk sucka.
>>
>>16628132

>dont use words i dont like

why tho? thats hella dumb.
>>
>>16628127
a lot of stamp collectors are probably people who were raised by someone who was into it and inherited a hella extensive collection. leave the realm of nerdom and you'll find people collect all sorts of shit out there. someone i used to date had a grandma who collected coca-cola related stuff, and had a completely furnished basement with almost nothing but classic coca cola memorabilia. sports shit is also really popular, too

>>16628132
i'm pushing 30 and i'm timelocked in 2002, fuck off
>>
>>16628136
>>16628142
You both sound as hella retarded as that fag that wanted to do the sex.

Hella.

Hello.
>>
>>16628172

little lonely this NYE?
>>
>>16628179
>>16628172

>hella* lonely this NYE?
>>
>>16628342

we already answered all the questions in this thread.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.