[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are you alone on New Year's, anon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 9
File: 78494980987.jpg (191 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
78494980987.jpg
191 KB, 1000x666
Why are you alone on New Year's, anon?
>>
Because I have a migraine.
>>
>>16627238
Waiting for our food
>>
>>16627238
Because bf doesn't want to see me :) fucking life
>>
>>16627254
H-howcome he doesn't want to see you?
>>
>>16627238

Because I dont want to live anymore
>>
Not really alone, relatives are here. And he was nice to me today even when I was being angsty little shit.
>>
I have work in the morning. Fuck fireworks.
>>
>>16627238
Its part of my Sith training
>>
>>16627238
waiting to go to a party, it's only 6:22 right now.
>>
Boyfriend broke up with me.
>>
>>16627238
I'm injured.
>>
Because I stupidly took a bus to my hometown where all my friends are flakes
>>
I'm waiting for my wife to finish getting ready. Then we've got dinner reservations and a party to go to afterwards, but we might ditch and just drink champagne together at home.
>>
There is my little brother who is sitting across the room listening to music not talking to me and he makes me not alone! HAHAH, YOU NEW FRIEND!
>>
>>16627238
Cus I'm a loser with no friends.
>>
>>16627238
A friend wanted to hangout and chill but I said no because I have to be at work tomorrow at 4am. Boyfriend invited me to go out with his friends but I told him the same. I'm currently on birth control and my drive to do anything (going out, work, exercise, have sex) is down to the ground so I used work as an excuse.
Currently playing Skyrim, but birth control makes it boring too.
Birth control sucks. Have also been on my periods for 2 months. Not fun.
>>
Only friend is basically playing baby sitter.
All the older family is going out together
Dislike my brother

So I'm staying home and grilling up some sausage and other food in a bit.

>>16627338
>Birth control sucks. Have also been on my periods for 2 months. Not fun.
Don't IUDs and what not come without those side effects
>>
Because my family are degenerates and cant go one fucking night without some sort of drama , hatred , annoying qualities.
>>
I just lost my job so I wanted to be alone for now at least.
>>
the few friends I do have that would invite me to something are either doing stuff with family or are out of town. girl I'm trying to go for is way out of my league and I dont know how to strike up a conversation with her. and (I live with my parents) parents are out partying. so I'm stuck watching my dog. I'll definitely remember this new years
>>
That's my not much of a secret... I'm always alone.
>>
I'm an uneducated polski who's going bald at the age of 23, my muscle mass is next to nothing, outside the skin covering my bones I'm a walking skeleton and I don't know what the fuck I'm doing with my facial hair, I also have accepted my loneliness, it's only going on the second year but I'm sure I'll make it. Also sick with no money to go get checked out, pretty sure it's bronchitis too! Great way to start the new year.
>>
File: cat in a wall.jpg (99 KB, 600x788) Image search: [Google]
cat in a wall.jpg
99 KB, 600x788
Rain, no car, girlfriend out of the country, friends too old and boring.

I already worked through Christmas and now it seems I won't get to party hard for New Years like I wanted to.

Bah.
>>
My girlfriend is in China and I have no friends.
How do I get friends? What do I do with friends?
>>
Because I don't have a bf/gf and I'm not gonna get one any time soon
>>
I skipped the party because I didn't want to go
>>
>>16627238
got invited to a party with my hometown buddies and other college students. Would rather stay at home. Too tired and had already made plans to stay with my parents anyway. I also don't smoke weed anymore and don't want to drink that much.
>>
>>16627296
Girlfriend broke up with me
>>
>>16627238
No (real) friends.
>>
>>16627318
THAT"S THE WAY TO DO IT MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>16627238
>>16627745
>>
Becuase she decided to ditch me for a "friend" after having a thing between me and her only for her to say; she wants to try a relationship with that "friend" FML
>>
Because anhedonia.
>>
because my imaginary internet gf is at a new years party and I want her to enjoy it without having to be on her phone all night.

i miss her tho.

tfw clingfag
>>
File: 1428817588943.png (59 KB, 693x444) Image search: [Google]
1428817588943.png
59 KB, 693x444
Cause I just dumped my GF and I don't wanna be out partying with a bunch of assholes

I'd rather just sit at home and eat some dank tacos and play video games and get fucking drunk as hell
>>
I have a baby, and his father is a partier. Most people I'm close to went out to party, and I stayed home to take care of the baby.
>>
Friend invited me to this party....should I go /adv/?
>>
File: killyouareself.gif (4 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
killyouareself.gif
4 MB, 500x281
Coming to terms with myself.
I was raised religious, by religious people.

I would kill to be able to go back to that, to that way of thinking, to that idea that I had some kind of inherent fucking worth and that there was some father figure up there who cared about me, even if my own didn't.

I can't though. Once I was old enough to step out of my own perspective, to listen to what people were saying to me and to try to guess at what their motivations were, I was able to look at myself too.

I saw some urchin bastard, praying for help in a dying church.
>>
Because I'm too neurotic to actually enjoy anybody's company, much less a party. I'm happier just staying at home watching movies and shitposting.

I thought about getting together with some of my old friends from middle school. We've been in touch off and on for years (we're all at different colleges now). But I kept putting off getting in touch with them to coordinate something, and at some point I just decided not to bother. They just play video games all the time nowadays and I don't, and we never talk about anything deep when we see each other. And then they put on shitty TF2 source youtube videos. Not worth my time, thanks.

Everybody else in my life I'm just acquaintances with really, so I didn't even consider seeing them.
>>
I'm a horribly boring person.

Not conversationally per se, I'm very well liked by everyone I've spent time with, but...just sort of "as a person"
I don't like going out, I don't like parties, I don't like loud music unless I'm alone, I don't even like going out to bars that much because it's hard to have a conversation.
My ideal "night out" is one to three friends, a few pints, and maybe some snacks to go with it.
I don't make small talk well, because I don't really want to know if you're in a relationship, or what age your kid is, or where you went to school.
I can never feel alright wearing "stylish" clothes, if it's not a muted color with no graphics on it, I probably don't own it.

We were joking around at work about how I was secretly scripting things to break after I was gone (I officially resign in two days), and I said I was a loose cannon. My boss told me "You're more like the guy who makes the rules for the guy that makes the rules"'

And I mean, he's right. I am that guy. But fucking hell I'm only 23, this is the behavior of a stern 85 year old japanese man. I hate that I can't just "cut loose" and be like anybody else my age, instead of being nothing but a reliable coworker and employee.
>>
Because I'm 15,000 km away from my family on the other side of the world.
>>
Sitting alone in my apartment trying not to freeze. Can see a happy party across from my building. Gonna close the blinds now.
>>
got invited to a few, but bailed on all for a few reasons.
>first party, "friend" who hates me right now is going... also too far
>best friend asked me to come out with her boyfriend, but then stopped talking to me (probably because she changed her mind)
>boyfriend's party is too far and with a bunch of people i don't know, and i'd have to stay over at his place, with his family... it's always kind of awkward
>also pretty broke from boxing week shopping

i kind of regret not going to at least my boyfriend's party. 2 minutes til midnight too.
>>
>>16627238
My friends didn't want to hang out. One is living with his gf and I didn't want to barge in. The other is a loaner and wanted to spend today alone drinkin and watching the hawks game.

I don't have other friends.
>>
At least you fuckers even spoke to some one today.
>>
>>16627238

Because I killed them all.
>>
I'm not. I'm on 4chan because my friends are talking about shit I find boring and I'm no longer drunk.
>>
>friends at my uni town went to their hometowns for break
>friends that live in my uni town don't party/had commitments with their fiances
>one friend that I actually wanted to hang out with in my hometown was gone for my break
>NEET friends that live in my hometown only smoke pot and bang underage girls and I ain't about that life
>no gf to party with
>too socially inept to go to a bar by myself
>also broke as fuck
>tinder never pans out
>>
>>16627238
Im not.
But hella people firing off gunshots in my hood
>>
>>16628104
good on you for not being like those neets you don't want to be like anon
did you go home or stay in uni town?
>>
happy new year /adv/
>>
Let's get fucked up and die.
>>
Almost new years and I'm still sulking alone in my room. ;_;
>>
Happy New Years, just got back from a party, I'm pretty wasted and I wish everyone a good 2016.
>>
>>16628197
HEAR HEAR
FOR THOSE WHO CAN ONLY DESTROY
>>
Because women are unproductive leeches that are only good for sex. Next question?
>>
i'm not a kuk
>>
Happy New Years yall.
>>
File: Aang-fug54256312.png (155 KB, 308x232) Image search: [Google]
Aang-fug54256312.png
155 KB, 308x232
>>16628464
nothing feels better than shoving your fat lad into a nice tight, wet, warm vag. mmmmmmm.
>>
Because I am so pathetic no one wants to spend it with me. I cannot even say that I have gone out of my basement in quite a while... It's so sad... I am fat and ugly and have a worse personality than anyone I know I swear.
>>
>>16627238
because my "friends" only want to hang with me when they need a ride. i'm like the designated taxi driver.

got invited to a party yesterday but they got another ride and didn't even respond to my texts asking to tag along ;_;
>>
>>16627966
I am also 23 and have the same issue. It's a struggle. I'm always that person that stays on the sidelines and takes care of the things (usually animals) that no one pays attention to. I don't find it hard being assertive or anything like that. I just want simple things.

The real pain here is the loneliness. No one wants to be involved with boring people. For example, I love music and have a variety of tastes. When people ask me if I go out to concerts, I usually tell them I only like to listen to music alone. They also dislike that I never play my instruments out in public or anything and that I only like playing alone in my room... Hmm. So it goes.
>>
Ive spent the entire night with my bestfriend ans im now in bed listening to some goood music. Ill start my new job in 10 days and im exited ans scared and the same time. All my final grades for this semester are fucking goood. All i need now is a gf.
>>
>>16628599
i also need to learn to type and t speak english i guess
>>
File: lightnin.jpg (18 KB, 329x400) Image search: [Google]
lightnin.jpg
18 KB, 329x400
The only people I get along with are sparse in my city and I work too much to keep in contact with them. Seriously, I work five days a week, mostly ten hour days. I don't have time to say or do shit. I go to a JC and hardly meet anyone worthwhile. I can't socialize with local university students, and most of the ones I've met are smug/pretentious/shallow cunts. The only thing I enjoy in life at this point is reading and philosophy, which makes me even more of a reflective-loner. But, I crack people up. My attitude is always super enthusiastic and optimistic and creative/fresh, even though the work sucks and my life is a bit tattered.

I don't have a girlfriend because I've yet to meet any girls I can talk to as decent self-respecting adults. They're either emotionally unstable morons or unrealized gold-diggers. And, all so shallow. I met a cool chick once, but she had Borderline Personality Disorder, with a slight coke problem, so that was kind of ixnayed, though I'm super fucking lonely.

I'm shitposting on 4chan because I'm so sad. I should be sleeping in anticipation of my twelve hour work day tomorrow (in hospitality), but I'm too sad to sleep so I'm listening to blues and trying to coerce myself into reading before bed.

Shoot me, shoot me now.

I even gym four days a week, like I've been using /fit/ as a lifeline to rehabilitate the state of my personal life. Working out makes a huge difference, but that board is so toxic.
>>
>>16627966
You're ripe for a dip into psychedelics. Just do something different and you might surprise yourself. It seems like you've really got an aversion to breaking any kind of mold, but I think the fact that you're conscious of it shows that you've been wanting something more. Try some meet up groups or something, but seriously look into trying mushrooms or something just more taboo. Give yourself some "character" as this 'amurikan culture sees it.
>>
>>16627238
She didn't want to see me

So I did Årsgång instead
>>
>>16627338
You need a different brand of anticonception
>>
>have a girlfriend and tons of friends
>home for holidays so can't see any of them

Thats life :^)
>>
>>16627252
We got the food and the drinks. The gf got drunk after just one lol
We danced and had fun and now it's time for bed
>>
Not alone, wife is here.
Feel alone though. Wish I was with my friend instead. I'm pretty sure she is alone today. Feels bad.
>>
>>16627238
Loneliness and I, we go way back man.

Figure I stay with her another New Years Eve.

She treats me well, gives me companionship.
>>
boyfriend left for 3 days to go get drunk and party without me on a one day notice

its not as bad as it sounds
>>
Coz im not good in friendship. ..and i was not like that ... my im not deserve the don life. ......mmm
>>
Because I'm a tranny and dysphoria hit me, so I shut myself away and started drinking like crazy and now I'm still up at 8:30 am because I don't want the nightmares
>>
>>16627238
>alone
b-but I'm with my friends on Skype
>>
Hey adv I just regaind consciousness after being blacked out for half of NYE I'm with a girl wat do???
>>
Because i wasnt invited to anything cause i dont have any friends

>>16628044
I spoke to my mom,
Via text.
>>
I slept through it and evidently no one bothered to call. So I guess this year I need to make new friends. Hooray.
>>
My shift starts at 12 AM. Not like my friends or roommates are the type to party, anyway, so it's all good. Gonna see Star Wars in the morning and see where the year goes from there.
>>
Uitbrakken.
>>
i'm a zombie. That's why.
>>
>>16627238

I don't want to get back with my ex and I screwed up my chaces with my crush
>>
>>16627238
cause the girl i love and who showed me her affection through words and actions told me that she "isn't ready for a new relationship" because
she wouldn't "get over the guilt she'd feel if she gave us a chance and not her ex"
the
fuck
>>
>>16627238
Because my bf cheated on me with his ex two days ago
>>
>>16629769
Same here. Wanna date me? We're in the same boat it seems. Please? PLease? PREASSE?
>>
>>16629771
fuck no
>>
File: Majin_Buu_Budokai_2.jpg (26 KB, 637x442) Image search: [Google]
Majin_Buu_Budokai_2.jpg
26 KB, 637x442
>>16629772
Why not? Why so mean? Buu just wan be friends.
>>
>>16629792
I will not stoop to the same stupidity that he made.
>>
I wasn't alone, I had a great time with friends
But if you're asking why I wasn't with a girl, it's because I don't know if chasing after her is a good idea
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.