[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to gain a bit more weight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: gaining-weight.jpg (116 KB, 750x531) Image search: [Google]
gaining-weight.jpg
116 KB, 750x531
Well, the thing here is that I'm a male, almost 18 y/o and I weigh 40'5 kg. No matter how hard I try, I eat a lot, and it seems like I gain weight, but the next day it's like I didn't eat anything. I've been like this since I was a little kid, and the doctors said that it was a normal thing because my entire family (especially my mom's family) is a family of slight build people. I want to know what can I do (besides having good eating habits) to get a bit more weight (5 or 6 kg more would be perfect as it would be the "healthy", ideal weight). I also thought on going to the gym, but I'm questioning it because I'm scared that I may lose more weight. Help, please!
>>
Same here, I'm 19, I'm not going to the gym but I do exercise, I'm gaining muscle pretty fast, I eat a lot too.
>>
Count calories. Add 500 extra kcal per day and you'll put on half a kilo every week. Whatever it seems like "the next day," that could add up to over 25 kg over a year. The key is not to lie to yourself and guess at how much you ate.

I'm sure your family is full of slim people but that's probably not some genetic anomaly. It's because family taught each other these eating habits. You have to go back to mathematics if you want to sort this out.

You also don't need to change how much you eat if you go to the gym. You can stick to this +500 kcal plan and hit the weights a few days a week too. Just don't do running or swimming for 4 hours a day.
>>
Being at that weight is not healthy. At all. Considering height you should be around 60+ kg. You probably don't eat enough. Count your calories, aim for more than 2500, and you might consider some kind of weight gainer. Excersize will increase your hunget, thus allowing you to eat more. I'm serious, eat untill you are nearly puking, you will get used to it and your stomach will stretch.
Also, consider a checkup at the doctor, are you sure it's not an underlying disease?
>>
20 yo fag here. I eat as much as my stomach can handle every time.

Mfw 51kg does go up at all all these years
>>
>>16626442
Within reason (i.e., not chugging heavy cream), what your stomach can handle is based on volume and pacing, not nutritional content. If you eat a huge bowl of salad over 20 minutes then your stomach will hit its capacity with a whopping 250 Cal of food. If you eat a bacon cheeseburger in 5 minutes, you can stow away 3-4 times that amount of Cal and still have room for dessert.

There's also a middle ground between those extremes, as long as you're willing to be considerate about calorie content and how fast you eat. Devil is in the details.
>>
>>16626450

Did GOMAD for weeks, using full cream milk. Doesn't work, if that's what "chugging cream" means.

Also, will eating extraneous amount of carbs cause a fat belly?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.