[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there of anyway for me to stop being an anti social / serious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1313498810690.jpg (49 KB, 315x480) Image search: [Google]
1313498810690.jpg
49 KB, 315x480
Is there of anyway for me to stop being an anti social / serious person / introvert ? When working I'd rather just sit down and focus on my work rather than having a little bit of chat with my co-workers. I don't wanna be "that" guy and get outcasted by others, I've had enough of that when I was in college. Also I'm usually okay talking to a person but get really quiet when I'm in a large group of people (like when I'm eating with my co-workers). I've got a bit of an issue with my hands too; I usually just put it inside my pockets when I'm around others (a case of not knowing what to do with it?), I know it kinda leave a bad impression to them. Please /adv/, I really want to keep this job. I know this may sound retarded but would exercising help or eating healthy foods / pills maybe?
>>
I used to put my hands on my pockets too, but now I just stand normally, or just place them on your waist. About talking I don't worry about it anymore I usually care too much about how people react to what I say, (I say something and look their faces, to see how they react) I just say what I want now.
>>
Also, do some exercise is really good, go out, ask for things etc, get used to talk to people.
>>
Doing your job is more important than bullshitting with coworkers.

You can bullshit later. Ask them to hit a bar with you for a beer sometime. Don't feel like you have to though, lettting their expectations rule you is worse than them thinking you're an antisocial weeb.

Tl;Dr stop being a cuck
>>
>>16626300
>About talking I don't worry about it anymore I usually care too much about how people react to what I say, (I say something and look their faces, to see how they react) I just say what I want now.
OP here, that's probably one of the biggest reason why I prefer to stay quiet in big groups, afraid if I slip out something stupid and get judged by it.
>>
>>16626269
Nope. No way but challenging those fears directly and getting really uncomfortable for a long period until you realize how dumb it was you ever worried about it in the first place.
>>
I started to socialize more at work and realized that like 90% of the stuff people talk at work is shit about other co-workers behind their backs.
>>
>>16626333
Trips have spoken.

Don't worry so much, just relax. Work comes first always, then just practice talking about whatever with them. Throw in some good input here and there, quality over quantity.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.