[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody want advice... from the Tarot? Ask me anything, and I'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9
File: RWS_Tarot_00_Fool.jpg (115 KB, 746x1302) Image search: [Google]
RWS_Tarot_00_Fool.jpg
115 KB, 746x1302
Anybody want advice... from the Tarot? Ask me anything, and I'll do a reading for you.

>please do NOT frame your question as Y/N
>please give as much context as possible, as that really helps inform my readings
>>
What area of my life needs improvement the most?
>>
>>16626229
I'll be a 24 year old, newly qualified doctor in the summer. However, I plan to have a family of 5 kids by the time I'm 34

What is the next 10 years likely to bring, in the family starting department?

Had two long 3+ year relationships previously, and plenty of one-nighters... I've always been more of a relationship guy though
>>
File: 1345232682965.png (546 KB, 800x519) Image search: [Google]
1345232682965.png
546 KB, 800x519
It is my habit to do a big Celtic Cross sort of spread on the New Year

But I feel compelled to ask you for one, today

The next year is going to be very important in the course of my life. Success or failure will change me forever

What do you see?
>>
So, will be graduating this summer and is worried about what the future has to bring for me career wise. With that said, my family is not supportive but my teachers love me and think I will get far. I have had an internship and they loved me as well but could not offer me a job due to the economy and they had just hired new people. I won an award his year, git a grant as well so the ability is clearly there but my family is giving me a lot of stress and therefore I just want to hear out what these cards has to say about 2016. Will my job hunting be quick and painless, will it have struggles. Will I like the job I get?
>>
>>16626229
Okay here goes nothin'
>le me had a job in a tax agency
>know nothin bout tax
>manages to stay for 6 months for some reason
>wants to quit coz of study
>boss wants to bait with a raise and a company's car
The question is should I continue or quit the job

P.S : not sure it helps or not but I sorta have a crush with co-workers that apparently have engaged
>>
>>16626229
Wish you a Happy New Year Op
Bless you :)
>>
A lot of things are so unclear right now. The future is more or less open and I've put hard work in places that could be sowes, but I'm afraid of taking a new step in my life. I feel so humiliated and powerless from past events, and I don't know how to break this feeling. I want to go about and live my life, but I just won't allow it.
>>
File: 1447378233251.gif (2 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
1447378233251.gif
2 MB, 360x202
Hi, Tarot-Chan!

I'm 23 years old, and let me tell you my 2015 was terrible. It began with some really weird tensions between me and my girlfriend. February came and she left me. Around the last days of November I took the decision to dump this toxic friendship that always kept me down, and so far I'm doing better. I've been going out with many different people, but to be honest with you I don't feel like really close to any of those. I'm sure they like me, but it seems like everyone on this city rather has a very close social circle. I have a bunch of friends who I see from time to time, but I always have the impression they have their circles while I don't. So yeah, these christmas season has been kind of lonely because friend I tried to contact, friend that was busy. Now it's New Year's Eve -It's 18:40 in my country- and I feel like everyone has plans and big parties to attend except me.

When it comes to love, nothing. I had a few one night stands, but they were all terrible.
Yesterday I added a girl on Facebook because of a chain of comments that we did on a common friend's status. We started to talk that same day and we spended the whole night talking and flirting. She's from my country, but from the other side. But she told me she's coming to my city on March, that we'll meet, and that I'm invited to her birthday party (wich celebrates in my city). Mind you, she's Aries and I'm Scorpio, and we both believe in horoscopes...

When it comes to work, it's been weird. But after fighting for it, I found a good link to an awesome internship, that I will begin this 2016.
So my question is, will it get better for me? after the disaster that was 2015, will 2016 be my comeback year? How about love, friends and work?
Also, should I go out tonight on New year's Eve? I don't have no plans with anyone, but for some reason I feel it's the only way to start this year the good way: Drunk, dancing like crazy in some club. I'm being silly with this?

Thanks in advance
>>
OP here. Thanks for your questions. Just letting you know I'm still here, but I just got lunch, lol. I'll be posting readings shortly.
>>
>>16626319
Don't worry, pal. Take your time
>>
Hi,

I'm a male that just completed a masters in chemistry. I had previous served as an infantry soldier but opted for a civilian life.

Two paths lay before me: Pursue a doctorate and use my connections to start a career in radioactive element chemistry research at a national lab, or...

Take a vacation (bucket list) then move to Colorado, and learn to be a marijuana grower.

The "conventional" choice would be difficult, but I am competent and prepared for this plan to proceed. My family would be proud of me. It would be a "respectable" profession.

The other job shows the type of person I am. I like hands-on, detail oriented jobs. I see value in a career, but I just tend to go where the wind takes me. I want to start my own business in the growing MJ industry.

What do the cards say for me?
>>
I ended a long term relationship, quit my job, am taking a semester off from school, moved back in with my parents, and lost close friends. What does the future look like? More of the same or are things going to start looking up? Thanks in advance!
>>
>>16626229
Hi, OP. I quit my last job in early december hoping that I will find something better. I'm working hard on my portfolio; I would like to know what next year has in store for me.

Thanks a lot.
>>
File: the_man_in_the_arena.png (61 KB, 700x516) Image search: [Google]
the_man_in_the_arena.png
61 KB, 700x516
>>16626229

Alright Tarot-chan, here goes.

Currently I am a 26 year old male. I have made some progress in achieving one of my current life goals which will hopefully make me the person I want to be.

They are delineated into financial, mental, physical, and character goals, broken down into further specifics (for example, financial, hit x amount of dollars investing, x amount saving, etc., by this month at this time, etc.).

My life goals are, though not all of them are:
Have 10 mil net worth with 10k/mo rate of passive income
Become physically fit and maintain physical fitness (it is further defined)
Write a book
Develop proficiency in at least six languages
Achieve high political office/influence
Read and write in approximately six languages
Reach rank of Captain in the Military (reviewing this one, currently unknown if I wish to continue this one)

I have a certain set idea for who I want to be, what skills I want to develop, and am willing to do as much as possible and sacrifice as much as possible in order to get there.

My question is, what do you see as the inevitable outcome of my quest to become a fully actualized, developed, ambitious person. (and if you feel like adding an addendum to the question, what other skills must i develop to reach my goal?).

I appreciate/thank you for your work OP, will check back in a few hours.
>>
Is it worth taking the filter off and becoming a shitlord? or should I try and be a normie?
>>
>>16626229
>18 yrs old
>like a guy 6 years older
>not sure if i want him to be my bf or fuck him
What should I do? Love or lust?
>>
>>16626242
Tarot suggests that your past year has been characterized with running away from responsibility. "Covering your tracks" is a key phrase here. Even in the present, you are still mostly acting in your own self-interest. Advice for the future (and what area needs the most improvement) is that you need to step up, actually make steps towards those goals you had set for yourself, and basically re-integrate yourself into whatever society/ group/ family it had been that you've been neglecting more than you should. Are you a NEET by any chance?

>>16626245
Tarot advises that at this period in your life, you are devoting yourself pretty wholly to becoming a doctor, which will eventually lead to you being burned out and apathetic toward the prospect of having a family. Keep a healthy divide between your work and what you want to do with your personal life. When there's a big choice between your work and the whole familia department, choose the latter.

>>16626275
Whatever it is you want to do with your career, you are on the right track, but you might need to re-adjust your goals. Might be a different aspect of it, for example if you want to do film, maybe producing instead of directing. Since a year is a really long time, Tarot suggests that as long as you are diligent and submit to multiple places a day, you'll find a job within a few months (maybe 8 weeks). However, you won't really like it, and you'll leave it completely of your own accord. The job will be related to what you want to do, but the particular office/ company will not be right for you.

>>16626276
Which one are you leaning towards? Whatever you think you should do right now, the opposite is actually the best course of action for you. It will still screw things up, but it will set things up for you better in the future. To me the impression is that you should stay for now. You will still leave eventually, but now isn't the right time.
>>
>>16626229
Hi, OP. I'd like a reading, please.

I had a friend leaving me a while ago. It wasn't a positive situation and we parted ways in an abrupt manner. It felt like an abortion to me. And I think the other party also had this feeling. I want to know if he forgives me. We are both terrible in this department and trusting issues are a central theme in our lives. I want to know if he can forgive me, if he can leave this heavy baggage behind. I want to know if he is moving on.
Could you tell me which cards you got? I'm a reader myself but I simply feel too strongly about this to draw my own cards.
>>
>>16626229
>Where is my love life going?
My oneitis doesn't seem to reciprocate. She was very touchy feely months ago but do I still have a chance with her? She still talks to me and is known for being very quiet and shy. The other girl I used to sext a lot has a boyfriend and told me we can't hang out anymore.
>Will college be a good experience?
I'm about to start college and really want to live that to the fullest. In HS I used to have my mind only in my studies, my music and my friends. I wish I could party a bit more while still keeping the focus I always had.
Thanks for the thread
>>
>>16626307
Hi there. Tarot suggests that you're off to a good start by trying to introduce more regularity in your life, as opposed to wishy-washy friendships. At the same time, stay away from fantasies. For example, don't cut out a friend because they're not that "great" and you'd be better off without them. Only cut out people who are directly, clearly poisoning your life. This applies as well to your current potential relationship with FB girl. Be very wary of the common "fantasy" or "ideal" of an Aries-Scorpio pairing. The best advice for you is to approach it with a clean slate. Keep contact with her for now but try not to escalate anything (like talking about exclusivity, setting boundaries, relationships, etc.) until you actually see her. You should go on on New Year's Eve. You'll have a mostly weird time, but it will be good for you. 2016 in general looks to be a tumultuous year for you, with a lot of conflict on the horizon. But keep your feet on the ground, stay cool and logical, and don't get carried away and you'll be able to ride the storm. Basically, your approach to 2016 should be "chill" rather than looking out and seeking things out.
>>
>>16626496
Thanks for the reading, man.

Yeah, the friend I cutted contact with was very, very poisonous. The rest is okay. Your advice with how to approach this girl is gold. I'll keep it very much in mind.

Can I ask what does the cards say in specifical about going out tonight? As you might know, I'm on my own on this. Not the first time I did, but I really feel weird about this. (But at the same time I feel like, damm, I can't stay home. I got to be outside)
>>
Hey, I could use a reading. Another boring ass question about a girl though.

I met a girl online and we've been texting a lot now. She's 24, I'm 27. She recently broke up with her boyfriend and graduated with her masters. Lives a couple hours away. Really seems like she has her shit together, gorgeous, and seems like everything I could ask for.

She's been saying I seem like the perfect guy, said yes to going on a date sometime after the holidays, and always replies quickly to my texts.

I guess I'm mainly worried about if I'll end up being good enough for her. I have a bachelors degree, but I work in a crappy factory job and have no idea what I'm doing with my life. I'm confident, I just feel out of my league. Where do you see this going?
>>
will I be happy going through a temp agency and getting a job at the industrial park, or should I just apply to retail places where I have a ton of experience ?
>>
I'm getting to be the age where I'm looking to settle down, but I'm (I think understandably) picky about the woman I marry. What advice can the tarot offer me to find the one I'm looking for?
>if you could tell me which cards you get, I'd appreciate it
>>
I'm switching careers and want to choose something that will help with my long-term goals (family and such). What sort of career should I take up?
>>
>>16626229
>>>/x/
Has a divination general thread.
>>
>>16626229
Can I get a financial reading?
I live with my family. My father was unjustly fired (there's an ongoing lawsuit). and so was I in the beginning of November. We currently have a big debt with the bank because of this. We wish to know if our situation will improve.
Thank you.
>>
>>16626229
Been close friends for almost three years, I think he flirted with me (still maybe flirts sometimes) but I can't tell if he's in love with me or not

generally if you could read how my friend feels about me, that would be great
>>
Wat In store for me in the new year relationship wise and academics
>>
File: veCYX9d.jpg (487 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
veCYX9d.jpg
487 KB, 1920x1200
I'm so alone. I try my best to make close friends and I try to meet new people every week it's exhausting. I engage in my hobbies which are mostly independent as well so I have a bit of a personality too.

In the end no matter who it is I end up just getting simply ignored or they stop responding to me fast and wait a few hours. The place I live in is cliquey as hell and I'm not able to move right now. I actually like the place I'm living in but fuck does it hate me.

Please help me learn how to make close friends. The very basics. How often should I hang out, how should I act to lead up to the relationship happening, etc.
Also I say close friend but I probably mean girlfriend deep down.
>>
>>16626610
You have a need for other people to like and admire you, and yet you tend to be critical of yourself. While you have some personality weaknesses you are generally able to compensate for them. You have considerable unused capacity that you have not turned to your advantage. At times you have serious doubts whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing.
>>
>>16626603
You have a need for other people to like and admire you, and yet you tend to be critical of yourself. While you have some personality weaknesses you are generally able to compensate for them. You have considerable unused capacity that you have not turned to your advantage. At times you have serious doubts whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing.
>>
>>16626547
>>
>>16626540
>>
>>16626617
>>16626616
>>16626613
Leave Tarot-chan's thread alone.
>>
>>16626537
>>
>>16626613
>>16626616
>>16626617
>>16626620
>>
>>16626464
>>
>>16626599
It has even more shitposting than here, if you can believe it. It would work perfectly well as containment if it weren't for the shitposters.
>>
>>16626307
>>
>>16626633
This thread is a shitpost itself.
>>
>>16626371
>>
>>16626370
>>
>>16626638
It's what happens when you discourage containment threads.
>>
>this is why we can't have nice things
>>
File: wands05.jpg (100 KB, 350x600) Image search: [Google]
wands05.jpg
100 KB, 350x600
>>16626511
Here's the card that I drew in regards to your query. My takeaway from it is it will be somewhere with groups you'll have to break yourself into, like a club or a bar. For this particular night, you'll have to be quite the try-hard.

>>16626280
Do you have a specific question, Anon, or do you want a general reading?

>>16626547
Expect this career change to be quite a dramatic disruption to your life. Tarot advises that your career should be something that is actually quite coldly analytical, that doesn't deal much with people-- for example, accounting. Ironically, by taking a job totally devoid of any youthful happiness, spirit, or energy, you will in turn have that in your personal life.

>>16626366
Tarot suggests that pursuing ALL your goals would be a poor decision that will most definitely affect your mental/ physical health. Although you are definitely a smart fellow and know what you're doing, Tarot suggests that at this time, you are neglecting other key responsibilities in your life, and you have to tend to those first before you can pursue becoming another Theodore Roosevelt. That is, it suggests that, albeit well-intentioned, you are using your goals to escape from other things in your life. Work on the basics first.
>>
>>16626366
>>
>>16626653
>dramatic disruption to your life
>your career should be something that is actually quite coldly analytical, that doesn't deal much with people-- for example, accounting
The most disruptive option I have is actually going back to school. I have a tenuous offer for an accounting job, actually, and that would be the easiest, least disruptive thing for me right now. Can you tell me which card(s) you got or how you came to this conclusion? Thanks.
>>
I sincerely hope that nobody is taking any of this thread as actual advice. I hope everyone takes it for thee entertainment value that it actually is.
>>
>>16626632
That's all true. What about my question?
>>
>>16626673
>when you see it
This is why you should lurk, anon
>>
>>16626335
Cards point to being a wacky tobacky farmer being the better choice for you, but it will also be a hard life. You'll be happy, but you'll also struggle a lot. Tarot suggests that now is not yet the time to make this momentous decision.
>>
>>16626340
>>
>>16626335
>>
>>16626676
This happens on /x/ sometimes. It's interesting how many people say how spot on it is. I guess that's the point though.
>>
>>16626676
Barnum effect. Thanks. man.
>>
Should I stay in school or move to the next town over and start from the bottom at a chappy factory job?

I want to go to nursing school but then I don't. Then I just want to get an English degree and move to Portland and probably end up homeless.

The factory option doesn't seem horrible, I hate people.
>>
>>16626689
Most of the readers do give very general readings, honestly. There were a few who gave very specific and accurate readings, but most of them are gone or largely inactive.
>>
>>16626669
I've been using a three-card spread for most readings. If I remember correctly, you got inverted Tower, Justice, and 10 of Cups. Since you mentioned family, I figured that the relationship between Justice and 10 of Cups meant that by following the principles of Justice (in your career choice), it will lead to the values espoused by the 10 of Cups. Accounting was just the first thing I thought of, off the top of my head.
>>
>>16626696
>crappy

I also wouldn't really have to move right off the bat, it's only a 30 minute drive but I've heard this job works you 90 days straight at first, I could maybe handle that a month with the driving part but otherwise I have no life so I don't care
>>
>>16626701
What do you think of mine, Anon? I'm still learning.

>>16626673
Sorry Anon, I'm slowly working through everything and I assure you I'll get to yours.
>>
>>16626599
you link to it like this
>>>/x/div
>>
File: lightupyoursky.jpg (34 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
lightupyoursky.jpg
34 KB, 400x600
>>16626707
Have you decided to skip >>16626264?

I still really want you to pull for me
I don't need an interpretation, I can do that part
>>
>>16626703
>inverted Tower, Justice, and 10 of Cups
>inverted Tower, Justice
>I was being pressured into moving far away and going to law school
Holy shit
>>
>>16626710
I haven't for forgotten, Anon. I'm currently at work and not supposed to be doing readings (and a Celtic Cross would be hard to hide) but I promise I will get to yours next.
>>
>>16626707
> What do you think of mine, Anon? I'm still learning.
I tell all new readers to state their cards. It helps other readers critique the reading better. Sometimes there are details that lie between the cards or otherwise arise as a result of the presence of different cards in conjunction. It's honestly very hard for me to say without knowing the cards. Next time, you should try reading on /div/ and asking for feedback; you'll learn plenty by trial and error.
>>
My relationship with the girl I like has devolved from feels-like-girlfriend to distant-but-dating to friendship to "friendship", and that's putting it lightly. She says she sees me as a friend, and I'm inclined to believe her because she's always highly valued telling the truth with everything. Thing is, she doesn't want to meet up or initiate any contact at all. Any contact that isn't face-to-face is dreadfully serious from her end, and even then she gives one-word answers most of the time. I asked her about it once, and she said she doesn't know how to respond or what to say to me. Also, she's busy and tired a lot, though that's been going on for a longer time.

I want to stay friends with her, and I hope things will get better between us. Haven't seen or spoken to her for quite a while, so I might as well consult the heart of the cards. How does she truly feel about me? How should I progress here?
>>
>>16626677
Just read this after talking to my thesis mentor.
He basically laid out plans if I were to stay with him and earn a doctorate.

He gave me until mid january when he comes back from vacation.

Going this way would close the door of my dream vacation (3 month long). It would not be possible with this path.

Anyway, thanks for the reading.
>>
>>16626757
You explained, word for word, exactly what I myself am feeling.

I would like to see what the tarot has to say about my plight as well.
>>
>>16626464
I drew:
>King of Cups
>Inverted 6 of Pentacles
>2 of Swords
I'd say the last two cards are pretty relevant to your situation. The way I interpret it is, the guy feels that his decision to part with you, though abrupt, came from a logical place in his mind. You've been stripped of any further influence in this relationship, and now you're at an impasse. You're avoiding something that you know is true and are covering yourself up from it. Tarot seems to think that whatever had happened was final, and if anything were to be re-kindled, it is up to him to contact you again. He may not necessarily have forgiven you, but he understands what happens and no longer holds it against you; rather, the circumstances.
>>
>>16626340
Deng, I got skipped.
>>
>>16626890
>>16626770
Sorry all, I'm leaving work and will be gone all night. If you still want a reading, you can always email me at advice(dot)[email protected]. Take care!
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.