[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone ever feel that they're too old for going to college?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1407166500704.jpg (300 KB, 400x515) Image search: [Google]
1407166500704.jpg
300 KB, 400x515
Anyone ever feel that they're too old for going to college? I'll be turning 25 in a couple months and I haven't started yet. Is it to late? I don't want to be just graduating school at 30 years old...
>>
It doesn't matter how old you are when you graduate.

What have you been doing? What would you be doing instead of going to school?
>>
>>16624750
also: what would you be going to school for? What do you want to be doing?
>>
I was 22 when I went which is considered late as well. You'll be fine there was late 20's in my class.
>>
>>16624551

does it matter?

what sounds worse
> i didnt start college til i was 25
or
> i didnt go to college cuz i was to embarrassed to go to college at the age of 25
>>
>>16624750
>>16624756
I joined the military, and now I just work odd job to odd job. I'd probably end up just being a police officer or some security guard.

Not to sure what I would go for. I was thinking game design would be cool, or something like Bio Medical Engineering.

>>16624760
Well I was thinking of just skipping it all together and just joining the police or something.
>>
>>16624773

if you want to join the police go for that, but if the sole reason you arent going to college is cuz its embarassing to be there at 25, then you need to get your priorities straight.

if you know what you want to do and you need college for it, go for it.
>>
>>16624773
What'd you do in the military?

Judging by what you're saying I would definitely recommend going to school, since you really don't seem to have a solid idea of what you'd like to be doing and your alternative to college is kind of a classic "fuck it, I'll just _____" job (no offense) that you could easily transition into (with a better starting salary, I imagine) after going to college where you could explore other career paths.
>>
Going to college is a poor financial choice at this point in your life. College is expensive and most degrees won't increase your earning potential.
>>
>>16624783
Ok
>>16624789
Infantry. I just don't think I'm cut out for this shit. I honestly feel like I should just be some farm hand and work crops till I die.
>>16624789
I wouldnt have to pay a dime to go.
>>
PRO-TIP: look at accelerated 5 year grad programs
a lot of schools have 5 year programs where you get a Bachelor's and Master's together in 5 years
that way you'll be all caught up

that said, most people wait a couple years to go to grad school, so even if you do school the normal way, a lot of people in your grad program will also be around 30. This is especially true if you choose a more hands on, practical field, like an MS in engineering or a hard science, law school for a JD, or if you go to medical school

also look into really hands on, commuter schools, or schools that emphasize student research or internships, which will allow you to get experience. For example, Clark University is highly rated for the simple fact that they involve their students in a lot of significant research work.

If you'd consider going international, also, British schools are cheaper and they have a system where undergrad is 3 years and you get your master's after the fourth... or at least that's how it works in Scotland, and the University of Edinburgh and the University of Glasgow are two of the top universities on the planet.
>>
>>16625024
>For example, Clark University is highly rated
lol no it isn't
>>
OP I'm turning 25 next February so don't feel bad. I only have high school as my highest education and I'll be going to community college for a year to path my way to university where I live. I've been full on NEET or hikikomori since I finished high school in 2008.
>>
I have friends in their 30s at uni.
>>
As they say, the best time to do anything is 10 years ago; the second best time is today.

If you wanna go to school, do it now or regret it when you're even older and still haven't gone to college.
>>
Thabks everyone. I'll stop being dumb and will go.
>>
do it dude
everyone likes the older people in classes
at least, i know i did. most of them have interesting lives and great stories, or they say fuckin hilarious shit and ask the dumbest questions
anyways when i was in school (age 21) i had classes with the mother of a girl i partied with
so if some bitch can go to college with her mother, you can go at age 30 or whenever
>>
>>16624551
No such thing.

The world has CHANGED, anon. People in their 60s go to college for reasons other than funsies. We're living in interesting times.
>>
>>16625823
at the uni i went to, there was even a specific program for old people who just wanted to stay active and keep learning, they could enroll in classes for free (no degree, no credits) just to learn
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.