[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm having a problem with my neighbors and I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I'm having a problem with my neighbors and I don't know how to deal with it

I have a 15 year old Land Rover that isn't terribly reliable but it's the only car I have and it's very important for my work and school schedule, so I must have it. Anyways, last summer, I realized the fuel pump is faulty and as a result it prevents the car from properly starting if it is left idle for a certain amount of time. Basically, if I drive it a little bit and let it sit then attempt to start it again it struggles and sounds like it's putting a ton of wear and tear on the engine

To make sure my car will properly start in the morning, I have to start it at weird hours of the night. I get home around 8 and then 2 hours later at 10 I need to start the car again and make sure it works then I start it again around 1 am right before I go to bed

My roommate just got a phonecall from the home owners association saying that he has to appear before some sort of committee because one of my neighbors complained about my car being started late at night. They said it was noisy and prevented them from sleeping. My roommate owns the house and he could potentially be fined if I don't stop this

I can understand where they are coming from but I feel they are being overly sensitive. I really wish I didn't have to start my car late at night but there's no other option at the moment. I'm planning on getting it fixed but I simply don't have the money at the moment

What should I do? I'll be accompanying my roommate to this committee meeting
>>
On one hand, 10pm isn't that late depending on your lifestyle, but on the other, you're basically shrugging your shoulders and saying "I can't do anything about it". You're both being pretty unreasonable about this in my opinion. If your roommate is fined, you should offer to pay the fine for them and you should probably think about finding another place to live in the meantime anyway
>>
>>16623699
You need to make an appearance at the comittee meeting and explain to them that in order for you to be a working, tax paying member of society, you need to have your car.

Then say you'll be totally willing for the community to purchase you another vehicle, but until then you need the one you have, regardless of the ridiculous maintenance it requires.
>>
>>16623699
How about you fix and properly maintain your God damn vehicle for starters.
>>
>>16623730
OP has explained his issue. He can't afford it on his budget.
>>
>>16623737
Then the issue is his budget my which he needs to increase not his neighbors reaction.
>>
>>16623715
I feel a little helpless but I have no other option at the moment. Finding another place to live is not possible. Hopefully we can come to an agreement during the meeting

>>16623730
Believe me, i'd like to but it's just not possible at the moment
>>
>>16623760
Do you know who complained about it? You could go and talk to them about it
>>
Go in front of the comity and explain your situation. Have the sound levels tested before going there in order to have proof that it's not as loud as one might complain if you think your neighbor is exaggerating. There is really nothing else you can do given your situation.
>>
>>16623763
I don't. I asked my roommate if he knew who complained but he said it was filed anonymously. I really wish they identified themselves because I definitely would have liked to talk to them about it. If someone has an issue with something I do then I always prefer to discuss it with them and come to a mutual agreement. I'm not even sure they'll show up to the meeting
>>
>>16623788
Then go with your roommate to the committee and explain your situation as well as you can. If your roommate is fined anyway, pay the fine for them. I really do suggest looking for a new place to live, or to do a serious budget and see if you can find some money to fix your car sooner. I know you're stuck between a rock and a hard place, but you can't not do anything
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.