[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trolls for lols
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1450985948626.jpg (211 KB, 538x627) Image search: [Google]
1450985948626.jpg
211 KB, 538x627
How much trolling is too much trolling?
Where are the boundaries of trolling?
I keep it classy, witty and without racism and being pc.
Sometimes it's just plain honesty.
>>
Pic not to be taken as a jab, but I found it funny.
>>
>>16623235

OH DUDE YOU'RE PC TOO BRO?
>>
>>16623235
Fuck that. I tell people to kill themselves all the time. I try to take a stance that will anger as many people in the thread as possible even if I don't believe what I'm writing. If it's a thread about women I make some post hating on her for being a woman. If it's a post about someone being sad I tell them to suck it up and stop being a bitch, etc.

People on this board are so easy to make mad.
>>
>>16623248
why though
>>
>>16623248
Almost the lowest level of trolling, just slightly above your average meme spouting.
>>
File: ibm-pc.jpg (95 KB, 1200x798) Image search: [Google]
ibm-pc.jpg
95 KB, 1200x798
>>16623235
I'm being as PC as I can be.
>>
>>16623248
did you troll my thread? :)
>>
>>16623248

I don't think you necessarily make someone mad, the likelihood is just as high that you simply make them feel bad, and/or get frustrated, while also planting negative images in their head and the head of everyone else who's reading it. And worse than that: whenever someone says or writes something that is angry or hateful, you have other people starting to experience that as normalcy. And among them, there's always the chance that a person takes it to the next level.

An environment of people saying bad things (e.g. "refugees are all rapists") or making jokes (e.g. "I know the kind of camps they should be put in") always encourages those who seriously believe these things. While a troll underestimates their own ability to seriously hurt real people over the internet anyway, they also underestimate the real world consequences of people ready to hurt others or themselves learning that they live in a society that is dangerous and hateful.
>>
>>16623376
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeaOqLUfJLY
>>
>>16623349
Because I can.

>>16623357
For such low level trolling it's surprisingly effective. I constantly derail threads because people honestly believe the outlandish things I write. If it's stupid and it works it must not be that stupid.

>>16623373
Maybe?

>>16623376
If only I cared.
>>
>>16623248
that's not trolling and you're an idiot
>>
>>16623461
You seem upset. Perhaps you should try killing yourself?
>>
>>16623467
epic win O_O
>>
>>16623467
the problem is that you're far too deliberate. trolling would be convincing others that you truly believe in what you say or giving sabotaging advice under the guise of it being of your own good will. what sets this apart from what you're doing is that those being trolled will be unable to tell. it says so much that you actually have to tell people you're Such An Epic Troll, which is why you're baiting and are now going to tell me that you're trolling me
>>
>>16623471
>>16623481
Its obviously not going to work in this thread because I've already explained how things go. But in threads where it's not as apparent, writing with conviction can get you all sorts of results. From anger, sadness, understanding, even happiness.

Thanks for the input though. Also, that guy still needs to kill himself.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.