[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Intrusive Thoughts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 263x192) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 263x192
Ever since August, I've been having intrusive thoughts. Specifically religious ones.

>inb4 become an atheist

I don't want to. At first I was able to control them, then they became out of control.

Now I virtually have them every single waking moment. Even as I type right now. I don't have any access to professional help. What do I do?
>>
>>16623186
Find a religion with sexual sacraments

Thank me later
>>
Could you describe these thoughts in more detail? If we can figure out what's on your mind, we may be able to figure out a way to resolve it.

That said, you should start looking into professional help. Intrusive thoughts are nomal, to a certain degree, but it sounds like these go beyond the norm.
>>
>>16623208

It first started off as stuff like hating God (which I know I don't, but they still worried me). Then it gradually became worse.

And then I made thoughts to suppress these thoughts (I don't hate God, I don't hate Jesus, I don't hate the Holy Spirit).

Eventually the thoughts I made to suppress them became stuck in my head and in turn, they became the intrusive thoughts.
>>
jesus said it's ok but that the devil is going to tear you limb from limb when you die. said you know what you did
>>
>>16623228
Never try to surpress them. Just accept the thought and move on. Same thought again? Move on. And repeat. You aren't your thoughts.
>>
>>16623279
What?

I meant that I knew that I didn't hate God
>>
Pray and meditate.
>>
Accept that God made you as an imperfect being who thinks imperfectly and cannot be 100% righteous and then
>>16623281
>>
>>16623281

<You aren't your thoughts.

This. I believe this is an incredible important idea to remember. Same with feelings: "I'm angry", "I'm sad" - no. "I feel angry", "I feel sad". Nobody "is" a passing thought or emotion.
>>
File: 1289861728016.jpg (43 KB, 413x427) Image search: [Google]
1289861728016.jpg
43 KB, 413x427
>>16623459

<mfw I can't greentext anymore
>>
Just remember:
>sin is a byproduct of free will
>there is no sin in Heaven
>there is no free will in Heaven
>>
>>16623517
Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven
>>
>>16623538
Fuck off you edgy sperg
>>
File: 1400985439735.jpg (202 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
1400985439735.jpg
202 KB, 717x880
>>16623595
>>
I have Pure-O OCD and intrusive thoughts play a big part in this. One common theme is blasphemous thoughts. Mine used to have a theme, but has now become more general. I'd ignore the thoughts if I were you. Observe them, note how you feel quickly, and move on. if they become 'stuck', 'loop' or only go away from performing a certain thought, test, action, etc google pure o ocd and see if it fits your symptoms, could help.

I'm a complete wreck with mine. Spend at least an hour and a half a day in some verbal duel with intrusive thoughts in a hopeless attempt in seeing how 'real' they are or 'confirming' how I feel about them.
>>
>>16623186
smoke crack
>>
>>16623690
Sounds exactly like my problem. Nobody around me has any idea what's going on in my head.
>>
>>16623750
Same, man. I'm at my university counselling service for it atm. It has helped, a bit. Mindfulness and meditation have helped, too. Check out a book called 'Imp Of The Mind', could help you.
>>
>>16623773
Oh, concerning the book, the author's use of language can be worrying at times. I remember he lists a lack of anxiety to thoughts as a danger sign, but it's not. He fails to consider that long-term intrusive thoughts can whittle away anxiety, etc. Just letting you know it ain't perfect.
>>
You aren't sinning OP. Any thought or action you don't choose doesn't define you.
Knowing this, don't let it distress you. When you can, even for 15 minutes a day, ask God to show his love to you and just meditate on His mercy with the intercession of the Holy Spirit.
>>
>>16623690
>>16623750
Hey guys, I had/have this too! I might've had it earlier, but it totally wrecked my shit when I was 14-16--for me it was just a lead blanket and I barely got out from under it for long enough to go to college and get sick again.

Therapy and medication is legitimately the only reason I'm alive at the moment. 20 mg of Prozac a day is straight-up a godsend.
>>
>>16623186
Bro, religion is made up. Move on with your insignificant life. It means the world to you.
>>
>>16624565
Words are made up too but you use them and depend on them. checkmate athiest.
>>
>>16624576
That doesn't even make sense. Words are specific sounds to represent forms of thought or reference physical things. The belief in a sky wizard is a way to defer learning about natural events and is actual insanity.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.