[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm already 25 and have only a semester of college under
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: trucker.jpg (34 KB, 608x406) Image search: [Google]
trucker.jpg
34 KB, 608x406
I'm already 25 and have only a semester of college under my belt

My fiancee has a really good career and I'm stuck making barely above minimum wage at the moment.

Should I just go ahead and get a CDL and become a trucker? I can't really think of anything else in demand that I can finish training for before I reach my 30s.

How taxing is it on a relationship? Am I going to eventually become single because of this?

I would really like to hear from femanons who have trucker bfs.
>>
>>16622279

you're going to become single either way, so you shouldnt be making decisions based on what you think will keep your girlfriend around. if its one thing we can count on a relationship for, is that it will come to an end.

that being said, i dont really recommend being a trucker. probably the most boring job there is. and yes, they do tend to lead to a lot of perpetually single men because you dont have the opportunity to exercise regularly, diet properly, or be around women consistently.
>>
>>16622302
You really know how to rain on a parade.
>>
>>16622308

>guys i need advice, is this true?
>yes, it is true
>WOW YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO RAIN ON A PARADE

hmmm.
>>
>>16622318
I never refuted anything you said, it just bummed me out.

What's a good plan B? There's nothing I can think of that's as quick as a CDL that makes an average salary.
>>
>>16622327

i never said you did refute anything. i just copy pasted what you said. you cant say I rained on your parade. you asked a question, i confirmed. you rained on your own parade mate.

>whats a good plan B

got any interests? theres tons of plan Bs. not as fast as a CDL maybe, but lots of technical training only takes 2 years.
>>
>>16622332
Stop being autistic.
>>
>>16622332
Okay, cool.

As far as interests? I'm into music and I read a lot of books. Nothing profitable that I can think of.
>>
>>16622332

>i just copy pasted what you said

you recreated a parody of what he said in a negative light to make yourself seem reasonable in comparison
>>
>>16622355

You really know how to rain on a parade.

>>16622343

maybe not off the back, but you might be able to get a job that facilitates that. more interests would help though. why dont you open up some google, search for trade schools and technical schools in the area, go down the list, and write down ones that seem interesting to you.

perhaps you'll realize that wiring is actually kinda cool, and you remember having fun with those types of projects. as in example.

most people dont mind working if there is some sense of completion.
>>
Trucking is a good job. I have no issues, home cars, no bills. I have a girlfriend. Its not hard to be social, the job itself was hard at first as I never drove stick and had to learn a lot of rules and all that. Seemed stressful cause a lot of hours and all that.

Inn the end, I make good money and have plenty of things to do, cash and friends and girlfriend to do things with and such. I work out, a lot. Plenty of time. As for your issue in general, that's not for me to say other anons might be of more help. But on trucking, if you are serious is worth it.
>>
>>16622279

anon, if you want to be a trucker, be a trucker. It's a good lifestyle, and if you enjoy it, that's all that counts.

as for how women, or a woman, will react? You're 25, you have a lifetime ahead of you to find a woman who won't judge you for what you've decided to do.
>>
>>16622279
if you become a trucker, you will also become a cuckold. if you arent already.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.