[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello advice, I'd like to get some input on my situation.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: cfD8h6.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
cfD8h6.gif
2 MB, 320x240
Hello advice,
I'd like to get some input on my situation.

I'm 20 years old and plan for a career in professional basketball. I already play for a first league basketball team in Germany and was offered a long term contract with - for German standards - good pay. They expect me to sign it during the winter/spring (definitely before the NBA draft next year).
The issue is that I might get the chance to be drafted in the NBA - though nothing is set in stone for that yet.

The club here in Germany of course wants to prevent that and have told me straight up that if I don't sign the contract in winter and end up not getting drafted the new contract they would offer me would look a lot worse (the one they offer me right now already pays way less than any NBA rookie contract would).
>>
Just decide between high risk, high reward and low risk, low reward. That said though, you might never get signed for NBA which means you would gain infinitely more from signing in Germany.

It's your call really.

Personally I would sign with the Germans unless I was very confident in getting drafted for NBA.
>>
>>16622290
You do have a point, maybe I should have left out that its about basketball and just made it sound like a job offer instead.

What I forgot to mention is that the club in Germany is in my home town and its also one of the bigger, more successful ones in Germany. So in case I don't get drafted I could probably find another club in Germany willing to maybe pay me more - but I'm not sure if I'd like to.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.