[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dating Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1348450313284.jpg (7 KB, 250x209) Image search: [Google]
1348450313284.jpg
7 KB, 250x209
Hey /adv/ I have a problem, I'm going on a 4th date with a really pretty girl to see Star Wars. How can I overcome my depression and fear of rejection and properly ask her out?
>>
Uhm, what do you mean by asking her out? This already is your 4th date, right?
Well, what have you already done to deal wity your depression?
And being anxious about rejection is normal. My bf just recently told me "i love you". He told me that it was a leap of faith. He got the courage from a guy he had once met. This guy had told him to always keep life simple. If you miss somebody, make plans to meet. If you want something, do everything you can to achieve it. If you love somebody, tell them. I think that's an awesome way to go about life.
>>
>>16621841
Like, ask her to be my girlfriend.
And what do you mean by deal with your depression exactly?
>>
>>16621819
Are these dates or are you going to a theater together just as friends or something? Like, I've gone to see lots of movies with just me and a girl but it wasn't anything romantic.

Basically, if these are dates and you BOTH know they are dates, just try to kiss her at the end of one. you don't need to ask her to be your girlfriend for a while if you don't want to.
>>
>>16621848
Well, I take her out to eat and then we go back to her place and play video games and smoke and watch movies and stuff. But I want to ask her out. And when I do, should I do it before or after I take her out?
>>
>>16621819
>how do i overcome my fear
There is no how. Overcoming your fear is the action itself. You don't have to be without fear, you just can't let it hinder you.

Stop over thinking it. There is no infinite amount of half steps you can take to make the distance you have to jump shorter. At some point you gotta grit your teeth and do it.
>>
>>16621846
Fuck, my elaborated answer got deleted...

First off, i think it's AWESOME that you want her to be your gf. You go OP!
Personally i like to let things develope naturally. At some point it will be obvious that the two of you are gf/bf. For example: my bf and i have a group of friends in common. We startet to go on dates and everybody knew but they never asked. Then, about 6 weeks in, we had a friends gathering and we both knew that the way we acted around them would define how officcial our relationship will be. So, we just kissed each other hello and everything was said and done.

I meant medication, therapy, working on the reasons you got depressed
>>
>>16621888
Well I have had like 1 or 2 friends ask if we're dating, and another tell me to go for it. And I've been working on my depression, I don't have it to the point I need therapy/medication.
>>
>>16621879
Thanks, and yeah, I have a problem with over thinking all the time haha
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.