[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Parents Riding Me Like Rodeo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: Me In A Picture.jpg (48 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
Me In A Picture.jpg
48 KB, 1024x819
So I'm home over Christmas break from uni, and thus that means that I get to spend time with my *wonderful* family. My raunchy aunt and cousins are bad enough, but I only had to see them twice.

The bigger issue is my parents. For YEARS now, they've been harassing me and berating me about not having a girlfriend. Literally every single time I see them, they always ask me "Have you found a girl yet?" and when I inevitably answer no, they freak out and immediately jump to "Well why not, what the Hell is the problem?"

They refuse to accept the fact that nobody wants me. I am literally among the most unattractive people I know. I know psychopaths, sociopaths, people with medical issues that could fill a filing cabinet. I know fat people, anorexic people, people who are asexual. Frat boys, band geeks, drama kids. And they are all more sought after than me. I get a compliment on my hair here and there, and that's it.

So, I have accepted the fact that nobody wants me, and likely never will, and I've stopped looking completely. But my parents REFUSE to accept this reality, and so every time I see them, I'm berated, harassed, told I'm an insufferable pessimist, and hounded to go after girls whether I like it or not. What the Hell do I do, /adv/?
>>
>>16619952

If you think there's nothing good about you why should anyone else?
>>
>>16619960
It's not that. I know I have positive attributes, and I accept the good things about me. It's just that nobody else sees them, and if they do, they don't care. It's the way it's been my whole life. My friends get to be happy, they get to have time. My life is a life of work. Hard work that takes almost all of my time, and goes unnoticed.
>>
>>16619952
>frat boys, band geek, whatever the dick is more attractive than me
>frat boys
What the fuck are you trying to say you little geed? What girl doesn't want a confident man who knows how to hold his drink? Maybe if you weren't such a fucking pussy you'd get laid, instead of talking passive aggressive shit about everyone else.
>>
>>16619952
Femanon and in the same boat. You can try CL and find a temporary girlfriend, or say you're doing an LDR. Or tell them your sexlife and such are private matters.
>>
>>16619952
>I am literally among the most unattractive people I know. I know psychopaths, sociopaths, people with medical issues that could fill a filing cabinet. I know fat people, anorexic people, people who are asexual. Frat boys, band geeks, drama kids. And they are all more sought after than me.

I somehow doubt that this is the truth.
>>
>>16619952
>So, I have accepted the fact that nobody wants me, and likely never will, and I've stopped looking completely. But my parents REFUSE to accept this reality
Because it isn't reality. There is nothing mystical about this. Nothing but you is pushing women away from you, and everything that does this, you can change.
>>
>>16619952
>"I am literally among the most unattractive people I know."
>gets compliments

Does not compute. Be interesting, be confident. It's working out for me so far, well on the road to getting a girlfriend (about time too), and I never get compliments.
>>
>>16619952
Prove them wrong, go after girls if you want a relationship.
If you can't land one despite being complimented, that's just that and you'll have proven yourself correct.
If you do, they'll get off your back.
>>
File: we.jpg (42 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
we.jpg
42 KB, 1024x819
work on your attitude OP

im a virgin and single, 29 years old

and you know what? i could probably land a girl but im just pic related.

stop worrying about it
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.