[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it normal to have incestuous dreams about your own mother?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 1435354468793.jpg (94 KB, 768x827) Image search: [Google]
1435354468793.jpg
94 KB, 768x827
Is it normal to have incestuous dreams about your own mother?

I probably get these dreams every other week and in the dream I'm really into it. But once I wake up I feel gross because I have literally no attraction to my own mom.

Anybody can relate?
>>
Not sure. I had a wet dream about my mom once when I was 13. God, I felt disgusted.
>>
>>16619373

I totally understand the feeling of disgust. When I was in middle school I'd get the dreams about my mom a lot more often than now. It was horrifying and I had nobody to talk to about it.
>>
File: Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg (876 KB, 1066x1500) Image search: [Google]
Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg
876 KB, 1066x1500
>>16619305
What has your relationship been like with your mother?
>>
File: too hot.jpg (72 KB, 439x660) Image search: [Google]
too hot.jpg
72 KB, 439x660
>>16619406

Well to be honest my mom would nag and yell at me as a kid. I know she did it for my own good and I understand the tough discipline she carried out. I think that negative side to her is a main reason why I could never see her as attractive, cause of personality.

However, I do have a big thing for MILFs. Just MILFs that aren't my own mother.
>>
Something about an older lady is the best.
>>
>>16619305
It's odd and disturbing, some would call that a nightmare, not a dream.
>>
>>16619495

I'm not saying it was a good dream. It's a bad dream.
>>
Personally I would say its normal to have these kinds of thoughts once or twice through life.

As a young child I used to masturbate to the idea of my mom spanking me and I still do have a spanking fetish.

Just don't act on it and never tell a soul and its fine.
>>
File: 1451093740793.jpg (87 KB, 563x844) Image search: [Google]
1451093740793.jpg
87 KB, 563x844
Dreams about fuking family mean you really love and appreciate them, it hardly implies anything sexual.

...but poast pic of mom...
>>
>>16619521

It's weird how things in your childhood can lead to fetishes. Like for me, watching that scene in Hunchback of Notre Dame where they tie Quazimoto to the lazy susan and throw tomatoes at him gave me a BDSM fetish.
>>
Why do some people want to date MILFs and have them pretend to be their mom?
>>
>>16619305
according to Freud...
>>
>>16619305
Sex with a person in a dream doesn't always mean that you want to have sex with that person, sometimes it's about something wholly different.

It may be the same with your case since you say that you have these dreams every other week so a serious question: Do you have a boner when you wake up after these dreams?
>>
Psychology fag here.

Depends on how old you are.

The reality is that most people go through an Oedipal Complex when they're younger and, whether or not you swallow the whole "psychoanalytic / psychodynamic theory," there's really no disputing that the mother figure is the first object of a male child's libido. Consequently there's countless observations of boys asking their mothers to marry them and etc.

What happens is that this is supposed to be "resolved" by bonding with a father figure and having age appropriate sexual encounters. More or less, this lack of resolution can displace itself as an attraction for older women. But really, what your mind is doing is trying to justify fulfilling your initial libidinal desires in societal appropriate ways.

Ever notice a lot of pubescent guys (12 - 17) have a thing for older women almost exclusively? That's why.

Also, dreams are no man's land. Don't feel bad about it. It's not abnormal - especially if you're in that pubescent range.
>>
>>16621968
Hey Carl Jung,

I had a dream once where I tried to fuck my mother. She looked all green and sick and a eel came out of her snatch to bite my dick so I couldn't fuck her.

Does this have any symbolism and how do I stay off the computer if you are a friendless NEET?
>>
File: heycarljung.jpg (31 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
heycarljung.jpg
31 KB, 640x360
>>16621995

You guys are putting too much stock into dreams.

You've got to realize that the only reason people have dreams are because they don't put us at enough of an evolutionary disadvantage to kill all of us. Brain activity aside, I think you can glean valuable information from dreams, but having a dream about fucking your mom doesn't mean you necessarily want to fuck your mom. There's lots of symbolism that people have spent years trying to understand, but it's all really unfalsifiable, so having a self-proclaimed expert tell you what it means is the equivalent of having your personality assessed by an astrologist.

I kept a dream journal for years and learned how to evaluate my own dreams. I've come to find that it's very valuable and helps me a lot, but it's hyper-personal method and not something I can just generalize to other people.
>>
>>16619305
It's only normal if you don't know any other women closely.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.