[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have a well paying job, but I get laid off every winter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1450507723161.png (350 KB, 456x524) Image search: [Google]
1450507723161.png
350 KB, 456x524
So I have a well paying job, but I get laid off every winter for 4 months. It really blows and i am bored off my ass. What should I do? what skills should i master to make even more money?

I dont know anyone who can hook me up with a cash job. but I cant stand sitting alone in my apt.

???
>>
File: 1446995100946.jpg (66 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
1446995100946.jpg
66 KB, 480x720
>>
Get a job during the off-period.
>>
>>16618719

In other words, why does it have to be a cash job you get hooked up with?
>>
>>16618719
He said he can't.
>>
>>16618692
What job do you do that does that?

And there's temp stuff you can do and walk away from and still be able to come back to next year in the next off-season from your primary job, such as truck driving.
>>
>>16618719
Well, Its hard because I get employment insurance which basically gives me a paycheck every 2 weeks during unemployment. The insurance pay is better than minimum wage, and its difficult to find a more serious job because Ill have to leave them in just a few months when i am called back to my actual career.

I failed to mention this but it's why i stated I dont know where to find cash work.
>>
>>16618692
Learn another language on the meantime. Also, take some classes on edEX (like ecnomy and stuff)
>>
>>16618732
Why does it have to be a cash job? Can't you pursue a hobby or create something in that time?
>>
>>16618750
Non cash jobs will be on record and they will cancel my employment insurance.
>>
>>16618692
If I was in your situation I would set up a greenhouse in my back yard.

Also consider picking up brewing because it costs next to fucking nothing, is pretty easy, produces a massive amount of booze, and has a lot of room for nuance and personal taste. Just look up some recipes on Homebrewtalk and try to figure out what to do, it's pretty straightforward.
>>
>>16618755
I meant does it have to be a job at all? Surely there's something you can do to entertain yourself.
>>
>>16618757
I have brewed my own beer, and you're right its really fucking awesome. My issue was that with all my free time and a closet full of beer I became a fat drunk for a few months lol.
I don't really drink alcohol anymore because It interferes with my gym life.

I know that there are so many things i could do but I feel so uninspired, like lost in life with no motivations.. no passions left... i feel like an empty shell.
>>
>>16618768
I suggest taking it a little further because you can make all sorts of different shit. I want to set up some aquaponics and grow my own fermentables.

You could also just buy like 500 pounds of rice/flour/beans and practice until you are a master of cooking and baking.

If you have no motivation at all I could see you just sitting around eating lazy meals and drinking cheap beer, but you could really make something of it if you pushed yourself to try more complicated tasks.
>>
>>16618692
You could put together a small group of people to politically take over a small town. Y'know, work on a fun side project.
>>
>>16618732
Do some sort of at-home business selling shit over the internet.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.