[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ENGINEERIN'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: college.jpg (627 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
college.jpg
627 KB, 1000x667
Sup, /adv/. I'm currently choosing between aerospace and mechanical (combined degree) vs. chemical engineering. I'm skilled at math and have always maintained a high GPA. Here's what I'm looking for in my decision...

>Which one requires more work?
I don't want to be stuck doing work 24/7, although engineering majors are notorious for their workload, I'm sure certain engineering disciplines require more work than others.

>Which one has the best job prospects and will bring me a good load of cash?
inb4 "But you shouldn't choose a major based on money!" Listen, the job market is tough right now. Money is an incentive for a lot of people out there. I don't want to major in something that's going to fuck me up. I enjoy science and math, but I'm also looking for money as well.

>Give me the reality of a career in the field
Which one isn't soul-sucking? People have told me that chemical engineers just manufacture shampoo and mechanical engineers just go into desk jobs.

Just tell me which one you think is overall better.
>>
The most sound input I have for you right now is that the job market for chemical engineering isn't the best, unless you want to do research. I'd recommend the combined degree
>>
>>16618272

ChemE is kind of a super-charged MechE degree specialized to chemical.

>aerospace and mechanical (combined degree)
>combined

They are the same degree with different 3rd/4th year electives. Same is true of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
>>
>>16618935
>>16618689

But, ChemE's can work in different industries, maybe not as much as MechE's. Aerospace and MechE sound like my best bet right now.
>>
Im an Electrical engineer. I would agree Chem is hard to get a job in and your best bet is the combination of mech and aero
>>
>>16619751

May I ask, what do you plan to do after you graduate? Just curious since a part of me was also considering EE. Also, can you tell me about how much time you spend studying?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.