[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A close friend confessed to me. Conversations have been small
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1450923080041.jpg (93 KB, 404x521) Image search: [Google]
1450923080041.jpg
93 KB, 404x521
A close friend confessed to me. Conversations have been small talk since then, its been a bit awkward. He knows I wouldn't have been interested, he just wanted to tell me and get it off his chest. Is there anything I can do to stop it from being so awkward? Should I bring this up with my boyfriend or just keep it a secret? I usually tell him everything.
>>
Last year I confessed to a girl I had been into for a very long time. The purpose was not so that she would be with me (although it would have been a nice bonus), but it was so that I could be honest with her and ultimately move on.

OP, it might be inevitable that you and your friend become distant, that's just how feelings work. Especially if you're in a relationship with someone else.
>>
Whatever you do, never text "Hey" to him at midnight nearly a year after he has confessed and then never follow up on it

I guarantee that I'll mess him up even more.

>why are girls so mean ;-;
>>
>>16617140
Just say you're not ready for a relationship and you can still remain friends.
>>
>>16617429
He knows I'm daring someone else already. He didn't expect us at all to ever date, I mean I've been asking his for advice on my boyfriend the whole time. He just wanted to admit it. Of course we remained friends, but it can't help but be a little awkward.
>>
>>16617140
Your friend chose to say those words. He knows there's no coming back from that. Your relationship has irreversibly changed. Either both of you can handle being friends even though you know he has feelings for you or you break it off with him. It's up to you.

Its clearly still bothering you that he said it or you wouldn't be worried like this and you would have told your boyfriend.
>>
Final bump, just one quick question. Should I tell my boyfriend about this? I usually tell him everything going on with my life. They don't know each other personally.
>>
>>16619638
Dude, not only do you have to tell your boyfriend, but if he asks you not to hang out with this guy anymore (at least alone) then you should really respect it. Yeah, I'm sure you'd never actually cheat on your boyfriend; it's not about that, it's still the right thing to do.
>>
>>16619652
shit is it that bad
>>
>>16619638
If your boyfriend is concerned, you shouldn't hang out alone with your friend anymore. But you should tell him.
>>
>>16619717
How would you feel about your boyfriend hanging around a girl who is clearly into him? I'm sure you would have some concerns.

You should tell your boyfriend, because this is one of those things you should be honest about. If you don't want to tell him, the only right thing to do is to cut off your friend.
>>
I think it's kind of shitty of you to tell your boyfriend about it. I mean, your friend shared his feelings because he trusts you even though he knew rejection was coming, being a loud mouth will be adding insult to injury.

But yeah, it seems like your friend is dying inside because truly he doesn't want to just be your friend. It will be best for him if you agree to staying distant. Maybe some day he'll move on and you can be friends again.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.