[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to cope with the fact that I spent enormous amount of money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ghfgfh.png (7 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
ghfgfh.png
7 KB, 205x246
>was a boderline NEET with no hobbies or anything
>tried to change
>rented a saxophone for nothing, tried to play but was super hard
>bought my dream car, don't feel any happier
>been going out at bars/clubs for more than 2 years, spent in total thousands of dollar and didn't even get laid or made new friends

>tried to get into guns
>did my firearm license, bought and SKS but everything else is expensive and I am having second thoughts about continuing this hobby
>love racing, did a lot of karting with my younger brother but it's super expensive
>spent around 600$ in total on gaming (but fortunately I stopped) and gaming hardware (graphic cards...)
>spent a lot of money going to the gym

>tried to completely change my wardrobe, cost me thousands of dollar
>still look like shit
>bought a home gym for thousands of dollar
>almost never use it
>tried to get into rock climbing
>super expensive

And that's just the surface. I have tried to improve myself in various ways in the previous 2 years but in the end, I haven't progressed at all and I feel like I am a financial drain to my parents. I am not any smarter with money or have I achieved anything with all these spendings.

I give up. I tried to challenge destiny but sometimes, it is better than just accept your fate.
>>
>spending money on shit without researching it properly
>>
>>16616520
Oh I did my research but everything is fucking expensive.

New hobby? Buy this, this and THIS!
Want to have a good time at the club? DRINK
Want to look good in public? Waste thousands of dollars to just look like the others.

Everything requires you to pay absurd amount of money and I wonder how everyone does it. I can't cope with the fact that I have lost so much money. Considering the easy way out.
>>
all this sounds like me cept without the car and not nearly as much money to throw around and didnt even bother buyying stuff for hobbies
>>
>>16616512
How does a NEET afford all those things?

I might change careers.
>>
>>16616679
Was BODERLINE. I still worked a lot and my parents helped me through some of the expenses. I feel like a spoiled brat. Nothing feels right anymore. I am tired of making efforts into improving.
>>
>I tried to change
>Gave up after a few attempts
>Didn't revise why you're failing at something and tried a different approach
>Didn't find ways to make something cheap
Your problem is yourself.
Maybe try doing something that actually addresses your core issues, like therapy for self confidence, a book on how to follow through on things, a hobby that you actually feel passionate about and may even have financial gains, etc.
>>
>>16616687
You spent money on experience. Look at it as expensive learning.

Next time you choose a hobby, find one that's free, like bird watching, hiking, reading, writing, drawing. Stick with one of those for a while then you can move on again to a hobby that costs $$.

Do small things and stick with them.
>>
>>16616691
After a few attemps?

Worked out for 2 years, almost 0 gains even though I tried track and field and crossfit 4x week

Been going out for 2 years every friday and saturday, nothing good came out of it

Tried to talk to women and I ended up getting attached to an older woman that friendzoned me.

Tried to get into cars but didn't work out.

Only thing I have acheived is being accepted into the firefighter academy and I barely made it.

I wish I was smart enough to know how to invest, how to handle money etc...

God damnit why was I born like such a beta cuck
>>
>>16616716
Doing something for a long time is not the same as attempting to do it.
If you went to the gym for 2 years and got no gains, you were doing it wrong. You need to do things correctly, it's not like there's some magical force that screwed you over, chemistry is math, you screwed yourself over.
Then again you're in denial so I'm wasting my time.
>>
>>16616716
>Worked out for 2 years, almost 0 gains even though I tried track and field and crossfit 4x week

omg breh, you are lucky you didnt end up in snap city, crossfit is cancer
go to /fit/, read the sticky and start working out m8, and you are going to make it

>Been going out for 2 years every friday and saturday, nothing good came out of it

not enough input
it depends on the type of bars, your attitude etc
did you drink? did you go to dive bars or boring bars where ppl come to eat?

>Tried to talk to women and I ended up getting attached to an older woman that friendzoned me.

my educated guess is that you talked to ca 10 women b4 giving up
read some pua shit (dont dive into it, just gain insights), then start with dating websites and write to 20 women everyday
baby steps mang

>Tried to get into cars but didn't work out.

come on

>Only thing I have acheived is being accepted into the firefighter academy and I barely made it.

did you finish it? didnt you get acquainted with some dudebros there?

>I wish I was smart enough to know how to invest, how to handle money etc...

well, you can read and you have internet, wtf is your problem then?
>>
>>16616788
also, go to a doctor and have your testosterone levels checked
>>
>>16616553
>Want to look good in public? Waste thousands of dollars to just look like the others.
Completely untrue, and if you'd done your research, you wouldn't have wasted a cent.
>>
Money is easy come easy go. What you bought was life experience, and I hope you learned more about yourself.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.