[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys get motivated to change your life for the positive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: bukowski-les-leffingwell.jpg (105 KB, 470x700) Image search: [Google]
bukowski-les-leffingwell.jpg
105 KB, 470x700
How do you guys get motivated to change your life for the positive? There are hard things I need to make myself do, but I can't find it in me. Any advice?
>>
>>16615995
>How do you guys get motivated to change your life for the positive?
The knowledge that I get to come home and shitpost on a Turkish hotdog eating board is what motivates me.
>>
File: 4oJ3kNu.gif (1 MB, 500x255) Image search: [Google]
4oJ3kNu.gif
1 MB, 500x255
Really easy

Don't let you dreams become dreams
>>
>>16616014
Well, that makes sense to me. Seems like you've got it all together.
>>
>>16616017
I've identified my dreams. Doing them would create tension within my relationships. How do I get over other people making me feel wrong for putting myself first?
>>
>>16616029
Yeah you should be ruthless about it, just cut them out.

If they don't support you, cut them out.

If they don't agree with you, cut them out.
>>
>>16616042
Where do you find that ruthlessness? I need it bad.
>>
>>16616056
Just have to find it in yourself, put your future above immediate gratification.

Or just move to a different city, that is alot easier.
>>
>>16616080
I'm trying to. This is all in regards to my marriage. I don't feel like that whole 'going to the store for cigarettes' thing works.
>>
What really did it for me was falling hard for a girl.
I lost a bunch of weight, got much stronger, started working harder in school, and even brought myself to the point that I was good enough in our shared classes that I was tutoring her. On top of that, I started reading literature and poetry, starting attending church regularly, and started learning to play an instrument.
Turns out she had a boyfriend she neglected to mention the entire fucking time, but even once I found out, the motivation I had only got stronger. It was like I wanted to improve myself even further so that I could outdo her and make her jealous.
Once that wore off I just kind of kept the motivation and it hasn't gotten weaker. I think it helps that I'm extremely narcissistic and unrealistically ambitious
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.