[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't feel at home in the united states. My whole family
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 7
File: 45645647893.jpg (173 KB, 498x250) Image search: [Google]
45645647893.jpg
173 KB, 498x250
I don't feel at home in the united states.

My whole family was born here and we all speak English yet, I still get called a dirty beaner. (my great grandparents are from south america) yet we've lived her our whole lives and we are still not considered Americans because we are not white.

I've never done anything to anyone, I just go to school and work as a janitor at night and I still got punched in the head on a bus and got called sand nigger 3 weeks ago.

I think I need to leave. I don't belong here. Being surrounded by racism has made me bitter and hate the united states and it has made me resent white people.

I want to break it to my parents that I want to move to Chile, My Spanish is pretty good now, after studying it for such a long time, and I think I can manage to get around with the help of my cousins there. How can I bring it up, I will be dropping out of college and using all my savings to do this so I cant imagine them being too happy about hearing it.

I just can't take living here anymore.
>>
Where do you live in the states? Move to a different city maybe. I was born in Chile and live in Wisconsin now. Other than some dumb comments people made when I was in grade school, I've never dealt with anything like that.
>>
>>16615828

Arizona, i don't think it's the state bro, i think it's the people.
>>
Move to Europe like the uk or Spain (given your Spanish is fine) it's actually quite nice here and at least in the uk pretty not racist as fuck, that and free health care and you could probably still go to uni here for cheap.
>>
Also I'm going to say your life prospects in chile arnt gona be the best.
>>
>>16615857
>that and free health care and you could probably still go to uni here for cheap.

not to be rude or anything but I just saw a video of a Muslim woman being told that to get the fuck of a bus or else someone will kick her in her pussy and she wont be able to have kids.

doesn't sound that tolerant to me. if anything it's a bit worse.
>>
>>16615866
at least i'll be accepted. I have no friends here.
>>
>>16615873
>doesn't sound that tolerant to me
They got away with raping 1500 girls in rotheram because of their race, sounds pretty tolerant to me.
>>
>>16615812
move to the blue states (ca, ny, micigan, oregan, washington,
>>
>>16615873
Yea I mean that shit happens but that's like the odd bigot and half the time there will be more than a couple of people defending who ever is getting threatened for what ever reason.
I mean personally I've never even seen anything like that happen in all my life livening here and I'm from one of the most diverse city's (Liverpool).
And even then it's hardly like we as a country systematically abuse non whites like America seems to do.
>>
>>16615890
Well they didn't get away with it but they sure did do it for a while without folks noticeing.
>>
>>16615848
America is a pretty damn big place. There are lots of communities out there that have relatively few whites. I'm white but I happen to live in a predominantly brazilian neighborhood where many of the people only speak portuguese and there are a ton of brazilian-centric small businesses that don't cater to white americans. I see lots of groups of brazilians just chilling with eachother and while I do remember one instance of some redneck being racist telling some guys to get off his lawn and "go back to yer own country," I kind of got the feeling everyone around was just silently laughing at him because he's in such a minority around here.
>>
>>16615890
don't know about that. sounds pretty far fetched.
>>
>>16615877
Yea recently made friends with a black guy who came from Boston to study cus he couldn't stand the states anymore. That and he was a massive football/soccer fan.
>>
>>16615892
what will moving states do exactly? that dude Donald trump is inspiring white people go drive around and shoot at brown people, i might not be Mexican, but i don't think someone with a gun is going to take the time and ask me before he deems me a rapist too and shoots me. i don't see it happening
>>
>>16615848
>arizona
There's your problem. Move to a state that doesn't demand your paperwork on grounds of being brown.
>>
>>16615895
I don't think eurpore is a good place for me. I mean, you guys DID put people in ovens for being Jewish. I mean, can't really ignore that fact. Now it's brown people. No thanks. would like to go for like 2-3 days, like a weekend, but sounds dangerous living there.
>>
>>16615917
you sure it's that easy? doesn't seem that way.
>>
>>16615890
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-28934963

>far fetched
>>
File: 1376503703170.png (565 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1376503703170.png
565 KB, 1920x1080
>>16615909
DNC psyops detected

The wall will be built and there's nothing you can do about it
>>
>>16615900
I have this hunch that did guy, Donald trump is going to start "inspiring" white extremist to shoot more people. like that guy with the bowl cut in south Carolina i think, he shot like 9 people in church for being black. shits scary bro.
>>
>>16615924
Based off of what? Northern cities near large bodies of water are extremely welcoming of nonwhites. Stay away from the border and southern/midwestern states, and do your best to appear friendly and educated.
>>
>>16615924
The further you get away from the mexican border, the less people you'll find complaining about people who illegally hop it, I'd assume. So maybe consider Canada.
>>
>>16615933
I don't want to do anything about it. i completely got off course. My OP was how to tell my mom and and dad that I want to leave, not weather i'm against a "wall" being built. I fly united airlines, what is a fence going to do?
>>
>>16615946
In that case tell them why you want to leave, what you plan on doing with your life in chile, how you will find housing/employment/etc. You're an adult, you're allowed to make your own decisions.
>>
>>16615935
Yeah, and I might get blown up for being in a Planned Parenthood or shot while on the grounds of a highschool. White people aren't safe from terrorism either.
>>
>>16615944
I don't really like cold weather bro, I mean I've lived in Arizona all my life, kinda go used to this weather. I staying in Denver for a week and almost died from a cold.

I just want for once in my life to be able to walk into a store and not be followed around by a guy with a radio; I mean, I have a well paying job, I've never stolen anything in my life, my dad is a dermatologist, why would I steal anything?
>>
>>16615932
dang bro.. fuck going to Europe..
>>
>>16615956
not very well put but ok. thanks i guess.
>>
>>16615848
Honestly, it's the area you live in. Arizona was big on the whole "Gotta keep dem spics out by buildin' a wall and patrollin' with muh guns" shit.

I was born in San Antonio, TX, which is a giant melting pot of people. Never experienced racism while living there. I'm German, Hungarian, Irish and Mexican, but I take after my Hispanic aunts. I'm pale as shit but I have some defining Spanish features, like thick eyebrows, amber eyes and dark, thick hair. I lived in NJ, NY, and MA for a while. That was fine too. It wasn't until I went down to NC and GA that I started having problems. Coworkers will often force me to deal with anyone brown, even though I don't speak Spanish (I'm learning now, for this reason), will tell me that I'm "one of the good ones" and some other weird shit. They also can't tell the difference between Mexicans, Guatemalans, etc.
>>
>>16615960
but that guy didn't shoot any white people? he shot black people and it was ruled a hate crime? so what's your point?
>>
>>16615974
>Arizona was big on the whole "Gotta keep dem spics out by buildin' a wall and patrollin' with muh guns" shit.
Landmines and a few drones are way more cost effective anyways.
>>
>>16615946
Once Emperor Trump is in office the right wing death squads will protect the air
>>
>>16615909
>what will moving states do exactly?
It'll make a huge difference.

>that dude Donald trump is inspiring white people go drive around and shoot at brown people
He's a joke candidate. People like him because he's not afraid to be an asshole, but it's a small portion of people. You'll find intolerant, crazy people like that everywhere you go. You're not safe anywhere.
>>
>>16615974
so much this

people in MA are very race-accepting

just move north. theres a fucklot of racists in AZ
>>
>>16615974
i honestly believe that I will be happier there. I visited my family there when I was 12 and it was the best time of my life. Santiago felt like HOME. I actually felt like I belonged there. My mom and dad said they are never going back home. But I love it there.

I just know they will be pissed. Especially my dad, He's going to shit when I tell him. *sigh
>>
>>16615979
i guess. but if I'm in a different part of the world, how is that exactly going to affect me?
>>
>>16615961
Well if you don't like the cold, then I really think you should at least try visiting some large major cities that have high populations of the kinds of people you want to be around, and specifically hang out in neighborhoods with less whites. I kind of doubt you need to go all the way to chile to find where the chileans are at.

I think this guy >>16615974 sounds like he knows what he's talking about so while I've never been to San Antonio, maybe you could try it out. I also bet there are less racist people over in California.
>>
>>16615981
I don't think so, 99.8% of all Chile is, well, Chileans. Brown people. the rest are tourist and Europeans. if you go by the math, I'd have to look for it to see it.
>>
>>16615987
>I just know they will be pissed. Especially my dad, He's going to shit when I tell him. *sigh
Fortunately, if you're 18+, then it's not your problem. You need to live your life for you, not them. Go wherever you think makes you happy. It's not like you won't be able to return, if you decide that place isn't for you either.
>>
File: 1451242495232.jpg (10 KB, 227x261) Image search: [Google]
1451242495232.jpg
10 KB, 227x261
>>16615935
>like that guy with the bowl cut in south Carolina
And in recent news some blacks shot up a college in OR, and some reporters on live television. The latter of which claimed racism because they brought a water melon to the office fridge mind you.

Let's keep things in context here, the only reason this shit is publicized so much is because it's a big deal when whites start shooting up their community.
>>
>>16616002
>I don't think so, 99.8% of all Chile is, well, Chileans. Brown people. the rest are tourist and Europeans. if you go by the math, I'd have to look for it to see it.
I'm not just talking about racism, I'm talking about crazy, dumb people. For whatever reason, humans love to find ways to divide each other. If they won't kill you over race, it will be religion, sports, or some other belief they don't happen to approve of.
>>
>>16616005
I only used that as a reference because that guy is a white supremacist, not that i'm taking sides.

black on white crime kinda has nothing to do with me.
>>
>>16616003
I want to get residency. I think it's possible to have dual citizenship.
>>
>>16615977
I'm talking about other major attacks like the shooting of a Planned Parenthood and the multitudes of school shootings and the like in this country. My point is, terrorism is on the rise despite the targets and motives differing case by case. That one guy was shooting because he hated blacks but there are plenty of shootings and other attacks on the rise from people that target other groups, like Elliot Rogers's shooting stemming from his hatred of women, for example. Or that Boston Marathon bombing. I'm saying you shouldn't be any more afraid of being the victim of a terrorist attack for being brown than you should be for any other reason some maniac with a gun might decide to kill you for.
>>
>>16616010
I don't see the chances of that happening to me increasing there, but I DO see them here.

I mean, come on. Can't fight statistics
>>
>He thinks he woulnd't face the same amount of discrimination in Chile
I've got some bad news for you.
Well maybe if you move to a small town or something.
>>
>>16616022
but I am? I mean, so far, from what I experienced living here. I am really afraid BECAUSE i'm brown.
>>
>>16615812
See you later. And thank you for leaving.
>>
>>16616041
>
your welcome :)
>>
>>16616026
Again, you haven't really experienced the rest of the US. Going from one state to another can sometimes be like going to a different country. It's part of what I loved about moving around when I was growing up. I think if you were in another state, or a bigger city, you'd find the right fit. Try traveling around the US. I still highly recommend San Antonio, TX or NYC.
>>
>>16616050
actually I did go to Texas, he got dirty looks the whole time we where in Dallas. I can actually say it got a tad bit worse. good thing we had a gps
>>
>>16615984
>people in MA are very race-accepting

I'm from MA and what are you talking about? We have the potential to be extremely self centered and xenophobic in many circles. We're just too full of ourselves and polite in a socially conscious kind of way to admit it in a public setting, but you bet your ass our white people talk amongst themselves and say shit like "there goes the neighborhood" when a brown person moves next door, or cross to the other side of the street when we see one coming. The people I come in contact with are certainly still somewhat racist, but in a backwards way in which they believe themselves to be tolerant while still making a ton of assumptions based on race and having a general sense of superiority and exclusion.
>>
>>16616062
yeah see, I'm not the only one that sees it.

I got called "muzzie rat" what ever the fuck that means? when I was at the airport last summer.
>>
>>16615998
There's a reason why CA is known as the Fruit (gays) and Nuts (liberals) state.
>>
>>16616002
>99.8% of chile is brown people
You don't know fucking shit about what you're talking about.
>Chile Ethnic groups. Ethnic groups: white and non-indigenous 88.9%, Mapuche 9.1%, Aymara 0.7%
Browns only welcome if they contribute to society and dress properly, "flaites" are fucking scum and everyone would want them dead.
>>
>>16616037
Well, you brought up the shooting in response to my post suggesting you seek a neighborhood with less whites. I'm just saying that those neighborhoods aren't any less safe from terrorism than any other place in america. If you want to leave the u.s. that's cool. But saying that you want to leave because you believe it has become less safe for colored people specifically is silly in my opionion, when actually it's just becoming less safe here all around no matter what group you belong to.
>>
>>16615998
i don't know bro. when I was a kid, I never really noticed it. but now I do alot for some reason. still. I think maybe I do belong there.
>>
>>16616087
flaites is just another word for lower class non working people. equivalent to "ghetto" people in the united states, it's not their fault, Pinochet is the one responsible for destabilizing the country during the dirty war. families can't just shake that off.
>>
>>16616079
But like I said, in MA, you rarely hear someone say something like that because they won't say it while you're in earshot. Instead, the racism I see people actually experience is of a more condescending nature like getting approached asked if you can direct them to the salsa aisle in the grocery store or like this guy >>16615974 said, having your employer assign you to interact with the foreigners. I think it's an entirely different brand of racism than I hear being present in the south. By the way, we're also xenophobic about fellow white americans from other states and have plenty of opinions on people from the south too. Our prejudices don't stop at race necessarily.
>>
>>16616060
>Dallas
I said San Antonio. Dallas is still kind of iffy.
>>
>>16616128
Wrong, flaite is a way of acting and dressing, you can be poor and not be flaite. It's more like "niggers" vs "black people" if anything.
>>
>>16616156
>But like I said, in MA, you rarely hear someone say something like that because they won't say it while you're in earshot
Exactly. When I was in MA, even though people were still rude, I never got the feeling that my life was in danger or that people truly hated me. It was more of a "Hah! Salsa and beans! lololol" type of racism, where people would pick on each other. Sometimes it was serious, sometimes it was just for shits and giggles. The few times it was serious, it was just people trying to get a rise out of me because they were pissed off about something unrelated. Living in the south takes it to a whole new level though. I'm kind of sad that I'm stuck here, but I can't bring myself to leave my family and friends.
>>
>brown people wanting to LEAVE the US

I don't see the problem.
>>
>>16616169
still, those people don't make the conscious decision to live that way, they might think they do, but they don't I visited Puerto Montt while I was in Chile and we ran into people like that, but if you understand their family history and why they are the way they are, it all leads back to Pinochet's dictatorship over the country. when a person grows up in a environment where they have nothing and the future holds no silver lining, it's easy to see why they make those decision.

> white and non-indigenous 88.9%

depends what you consider white. I consider German people white, I don't consider Chilean people white, just because 40% of their DNA can be tracked to Europe doesn't make a person white, it only makes them mestizo.
>>
>>16616203
no one said it was a problem?
>>
>>16616156
but they being there. because you first see a person before you hear them talk.
>>
>>16616217
Write me a million sob stories about why they are flaites, I don't care, they are garbage.
>>
>>16616247
your not white. no matter how much money, how well eduacted you are, or how much you try and get them to like you, by dressing and acting like them, you are not one of them. they know it. you still are mixed. try and act as white as you want, wont change who you are. trust me.
>>
>>16616231
Could you rephrase that?

When I say "they don't say it when you're in earshot," I mean they wait til they get all the way home to say it in private. Because no one wants to get called out for being racist even if that doesn't stop them from thinking that way.
>>
>>16616192
I rather go to Afghanistan than go to the south.

I think I'd be safer in Kabul than South Carolina.
>>
>>16616257
I'm not even from Chile you retard.
>>
>>16616267
sure bro.
>>
>>16616259

yeah no shit, there's no more Jim crow, doesn't mean it's not institutionalized. no job at walgreens for me because i'm not white.
>>
>>16616273
hey you jackass, calm down NOW
>>
File: ghost.jpg (12 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
ghost.jpg
12 KB, 400x300
>>16615974
>TX, which is a giant melting pot

you fucking ham bone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsyowiCLehQ
>>
>>16616296
k
>>
>>16616301
>you fucking ham bone
Texas certainly isn't, overall, but San Antonio is. Why misquote me?
>>
I live in northern GA, with a very sizable Hispanic population, as well as a slightly-larger than average black population.

Race relations seem quite nice here. The hispanics are nice sorts that generally keep to themselves, and most others, including the white majority, treat them fairly as they would anyone else.

I've certainly heard whites in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas complain far more about Hispanics than other places. Of course much of it may be 4chan hyperbole, but I hear myriad of horror stories of criminal tendencies and simply shitty dispositions and attitudes of Hispanic minorities from these places. I've never really travelled there, but I'm perfectly happy with all races around where I live.

Probably a bit late to the thread, but I do feel that your place of residence has a lot to do with how you're treated. Of course, I'm a white fellow, so I can't REALLY understand nor immerse myself in your sort of experiences. But from what I've seen and experienced, race relations in northern Georgia are lovely.
>>
>>16616387
http://atlantadailyworld.com/2015/03/24/georgias-home-to-one-of-the-nations-largest-number-of-hate-groups-the-top-10/

kinda mute if you ask me. I need to leave. the longer I am here, the more tired and angry I become from it. I don't want to be a racist too but it has a way of turning you into one.
>>
>>16616387
>I live in northern GA
Where at? I'm >>16615974 and live about an hour north of Atlanta. The people here are fucking hateful when it comes to people with darker skin tones, and many don't even realize it when they make rude remarks. Hell, we had a KKK rally at the local goddamn Wal-mart not too long ago.
>>
>>16616405
Do you mean my point was kinda moot?

Surely, there are some rabidly racists sorts on the state. I do think that southern GA is an absolute shithole; I'd avoid it.

Again, I've not got the personal experience to really know what racial discrimination is like. But I have lived here for around 20 years, and I keep my eyes peeled, you know? That article wasn't very specific either; only distributing statistics on what is considered a "hate group" by authorities. Through some research on this topic in the past, I consider this classification to be faulty. It tends to include "militia" type groups that I personally enjoy and identify with a bit, right alongside idiotic and fortunately ineffective/toothless groups like the neo-KKK.

I don't at all blame you for wanting to leave. But I'll say again, I do feel that northern GA where I live (around Floyd, Bartow, Gordon counties) is a place with a sizable Hispanic population and good race relations between all ethnicities.
>>
>>16616430
Oh goodness, an hour north of Atlanta? You might very well be my neighbor...if I didn't live on a rural road without any neighbors, ha!

Seems you've had a very opposite experience! Odd. My attitude these days does tend to be very optimistic. Perhaps I'm mistaken, and only attributing my own ideals upon what I see.

Anyway, I live "in" Cartersville (just a wee road off of Hwy 41 really). Finishing up my last few semesters at KSU soon.
>>
>>16616442
You're not too far away then. I'm in good ol' Ellijay.
>>
>>16616435
It wasn't always bad, but now I just feel disenfranchised. This country is not my home. I guess I had to get beat up to be reminded of that.

could have gone without the violence, but at least I know the truth now. I'll leave.
>>
>>16616461

deus vult
>>
>>16616037
Don't let people get to you. If people are gonna start harassing you and calling you names, do it right back. My fellow brown boy please defend yourself from racists and hateful people.

You have the courage in you. Protect yourself and know their language (nazi terms and references).

Southern Poverty Law Center has great resources. Also it's pretty easy to spot /pol/cucks on here.
>>
>>16616469
don't know what that means. Latin or something?
>>
>>16616461
Damn. Apologies for sending my opinion without reading the thread. Wasn't aware of that shit. If me or my buddies had seen something like that happening, you'd better believe that we'd have to jump in. That shit ain't tolerated by us.

It isn't as if I can apologize for the actions of individuals that really have no place in civilized society. Anyone initiating an act of un-provoked violence against another person or group should be immediately ostricized or terminated...ideally. I'm a rather gentle person, but human malice makes me furious. I can understand, in a perverse fashion, the perpetration of violence for an end; to make much-needed money or something. But to commit violence for the simple sake of the act...that's fucking barbaric. If it were up to me, I reckon those guys would swing from lampposts.

Funny how I'm exceedingly pacifistic until I perceive justice to be lacking.

Well, I wish you good luck with whatever you do and wherever you go.

>>16616460
If you see a skinny jackass with long-ass hair running around KSU's campus, holler at him. It's probably me.
>>
>>16616499
>DUDE GOD WILLS IT XDD

It's a stupid /pol/cuck meme.
>>
>>16616496
I don't want to get stabbed. it's not worth it bro.
white people are just naturally like that, just something I'm coming to accept. I just cut all ties with white people and keep to myself. but I hate living like this. not knowing who I can trust.
>>
>>16616542
Protect yourself with a Swiss Army knife? I'm sorry you've had to go through this bullshit though. All we can do is learn and grow.

If white people are being cruel and unfriendly, then you don't have to be friends with them. You don't have to kiss their ass for approval.

I suggest surrounding yourself with family and friends? Please stay safe.
>>
>>16616509
thanks bro. but you don't have to apologize. it wasn't you doing it. besides, i'm glad it happened in a way, showed me what america really is about.
>>
>>16616542
>white people are just naturally like that, just something I'm coming to accept.
Please stop thinking that way based on your shitty fucking town. Get away from there ASAP.
>>
>>16616559
I will, that's why I'm moving. no point in staying in a intolerant, racist country. thanks for the reply. I just wont be riding the bus anymore.

lol the justice system would hang me if I ever killed a white american. I know better.
>>
File: 1451356651649.jpg (52 KB, 412x412) Image search: [Google]
1451356651649.jpg
52 KB, 412x412
>>16616542
>white people are just naturally like that, just something I'm coming to accept.
Are you serious m8. I used to live in the ghetto full of mexican people, and it's not like they weren't racist themselves. Screaming how they were gonna fuck me up, using white boy as an insult and so on.

Peaking when they let their pitbulls out which tried to attack me, being saved only by my father running out of the garage, and pretending to be the victims afterwards because their animals were put down by animal control. Note they then proceeded to go forward with their threats, and forced us to move north.

Every race has fucking racists, the only difference is who can get away with it depending on where you live. To try to ascribe racism only to whites is not only racist in and of itself, but stupid as well.
>>
>>16616566
kinda hard to do that bro.
>>
>>16616517
Nice try Bernie

You'll get whats coming to you
>>
>>16616586
Don't kill people, but protect yourself. But yeah they would if that were to happen.

Consider moving places. Move to bigger town or city. I know it's hard but you can survive.

>>16616591
>Let me talk about me.
We know everyone has been treated like shit by everyone but I like how one is so quick to jump on defensiveness.
>>
>>16616559
>Protect yourself with a Swiss Army knife?

I appreciate your concern and attempt to help the man, but that is a GOD-AWFUL idea.

A blade is the worst self-defence weapon aside from a fucking grenade. Ain't NOBODY winning a knife fight. Truly, it is just horrid.

For self-defence, of course I'd recommend properly lawful concealed carry based upon the local laws, in .380 or above. Failing that, I'd say that a decent mag-lite or other bludgeoning instrument is better. Hell, even a rolled-up package of quarters is great so you can punch properly if you must.

But never, never carry a blade for self-defense. Shit's bad. I think everyone SHOULD carry a knife for use as a tool, but never specifically for defense.

>>16616563
I'm very hesitant to reply as I truly wish. It would seem (and probably be!) as though I'm "defending my race", you know? Race isn't something to be proud or ashamed of, to me. This is because we've done nothing to earn or be sentenced our ethnicities. We've not put hard work or good decisions behind us to be white, brown, or black. Just something assigned to us.

Naturally, I'll make use of this. I'm not one for white guilt or any social engineering to make up for the gap, but I AM aware of my good fortune at being born white in the US. I do have a net sum of advantages over you.

I don't feel a bit bad about it because I didn't choose this. It isn't as if I thought to myself at the moment of conception "lol, I'm gonna make some poor bastard black so I can be white LMAO"

But I'll still say what I must; it is easier and perhaps more comforting to strictly pre-assign characteristics to people you've not truly met, on basis of their ethnicity. But it isn't better, man.

For example, while I adore and spend most of my time in a rural setting, I'll go to Atlanta occasionally for music venues or other activities. While walking down the street, I am absolutely aware of my surroundings; situational awareness is very important.

cont
>>
>>16616610
Sure, in your dreams.
>>
>>16616591
>To try to ascribe racism only to whites is not only racist in and of itself, but stupid as well.
So much this.

I can understand why it's hard for OP, given that he lives in a terrible area, but to just write off an entire group of people is turning him into exactly what he's trying to get away from. This is ridiculous. Some people are shitty, some aren't. End of story.
>>
>>16616591
but I never did any of those things and I was still attacked for no reason, and the police while having security camera footage of the crime, never searched for the 2 guys and the girl involved.

so how does that apply to me?
>>
>>16616618
doesn't make me feel any better. doesn't change anything.
>>
>>16616615
Now, if I am being approached by a group of 3 young black males, I WILL exhibit more awareness and caution than if being approached by a different group of 3 white males. This is because, statistically speaking, I AM factually more likely to be the victim of a violent crime at the hands of the black males.

Even so, I will not change anything in my mannerisms, level of respect, or any other social nicety when speaking with the two groups. On a personal level, they are equal.

I've never even come close to being victimized, due in large part to this behavior.

What I'd recommend is doing similar things. Exhibit more caution and awareness when dealing with folks outside of your race. But do your damndest not to externally treat anyone differently. On an individual basis, ethnicity has no sway over my judgement of a person. In aggregate, it does.

Hopefully I have represented myself well; always a very touchy subject and I must be careful to be precise with my words.
>>
>>16616619
>so how does that apply to me?
He's trying to explain that there are shitty people everywhere and it's not just one entire group of people doing horrible things to another. It's back and forth, between some people of varying backgrounds. You'll learn, once you leave the tiny shit-bubble you live in.
>>
>>16616623
I'm not here to make you feel better or to change anything for you. I'm just pointing out your blind ignorance, in the hopes that someone else will see this and use it to overcome their situation.
>>
File: 1449375799710.jpg (22 KB, 245x204) Image search: [Google]
1449375799710.jpg
22 KB, 245x204
>>16616619
>but I never did any of those things and I was still attacked for no reason
And I minded my own business too, but shit still happened. I reiterate, ever race has racists.

If you move to Chile, even if you're accepted (if race isnt usable, people will still discriminate with other traits such as religion or even regional dialects so don't get your hopes too high), there will still be racists. At best, they just don't direct their ire towards you.

>>16616612
>I like how one is so quick to jump on defensiveness.
I'm snappy because he made it out as if this was a problem exclusive to white people. For all the misdeeds my race has done, every other race would do the same if they had the same means. To think otherwise is delusional.
>>
>>16616619
The man posting presumably didn't do anything wrong; and he was still victimized. Since this is 4chan, we can't really place full faith in either of you. But for sake of argument, we should.

At least on initial examination, people of Hispanic origin victimized him because he was white. People of Caucasian origin victimized you because you were Hispanic.

It seems quite similar to me.
>>
>>16616615
white cop stop and frisks me and finds a gun. perfect excuse to put a body in a bag.

^ my dad told me that when I want thinking about buying a gun right after it happened. he told me I would only be giving them an excuse to shot and kill me.
>>
>>16616634
it would only be wrong to me if it was proven to me that it was false. but nothing has
>>
>>16616627
but that's like 9/10 of the people i encounter. the rest would be black and Mexican people.

how can I possibly do that and still leave my house?
>>
>>16616630
i honestly think it's more systemic than you make it out to be.
>>
>>16616642
I can't negate or affirm your claim, since I've not lived or even travelled to your place of residence. Closest I've actually came was going to Mexico itself several times on mission trips. Although there was fortunately far more construction and humanitarian relief going on to help with than there was preaching.

But boy, that REALLY sounds like hyperbole. Granted, there are some fucked-up law enforcement officers out there.

But to consider it a reasonable threat that a LEO would immediately execute your ass after stopping and searching you...I just don't know, man. It doesn't fit in with what I know and believe about the condition of law enforcement in this country.

If you're ever pulled over or temporarily detained by an officer, the very first thing you should do if you're concealed carrying is let the guy know. You know, "Officer, for your information I am in lawful possession of a concealed firearm. It is located in a IWB holster at my 2-o'clock, and my permit is in my wallet"

Maybe your dad, or family in general are polarizing your views too much. Or maybe he's ABSOLUTELY RIGHT that you run a very real risk of being cold-bloodedly executed by police and dumped off in the desert for owning a firearm.

But holy shit, I doubt it, man.
>>
>>16616654

Proven that was is false? We've tried telling you that people are shitty, in general, regardless of race. I'm mixed and I've been shit on from all sides. Blacks and Hispanics don't like me because I'm a dumb honkey gringa, and even my dad's own family has done horrible shit to me. And I'll never fit in with white people because I'm not white enough. You just don't give a shit about anyone but yourself long enough to put yourself in their shoes.
>>
>>16616638
but when it all stems from my race, I can't say I should be equal worried about random attacks when it's all coming from that. my race. it would make no sense.
>>
>>16616659
By keeping your head on a swivel and being situationally aware! When I go to Atlanta, probably 4/5 folks I see are black as the street they're walking on.

My situation isn't perfectly generalizable to yours, but I wanted an example. It isn't as if you need to be at DEFCON 1 OH GOD THIS NIGGAS GONNA BLAST ME BETTER WATCH OUT all the time.

Just keep your eyes peeled. It ain't that hard, and you'll notice plenty of entertaining and interesting things that other people wouldn't.

I don't think I'll continue this conversation, though. I've been the same one posting all the longer posts, but this seems too much like many other /adv/ threads; the OP attempting to prove that his life/situation/circumstances are absolutely shit without any sort of way of improving them. The other posters, in turn, arguing that there IS a way of improving the circumstances.

It just rubs me wrong to see it break down like that. It's like a challenge placed forth by the OP, to prove that there really is no improvement to be had.

Good luck, homie.
>>
>>16616675
If you want to hang around with your own race, do it. But be honest about the intention. It's not to avoid racists, but racism directed towards you.
>>
>>16616683
>I've been the same one posting all the longer posts, but this seems too much like many other /adv/ threads; the OP attempting to prove that his life/situation/circumstances are absolutely shit without any sort of way of improving them. The other posters, in turn, arguing that there IS a way of improving the circumstances.
Amen. I'm out too.
>>
>>16616664
no, i don't think he's wrong bro.

cop stops me and doesn't like me because i'm brown in his white country, i tell him I have a gun, cop is not wearing a body camera, pulls his gun and shoots me.

the only thing he has to say is I reached for my weapon, a permit or not, it wont mean shit because he'll walk or if god permits it, will get man slaughter 5-6 years and parole at 11 mouths, him being indited wont bring me back from the dead.

I like firearms, but would never own one. not here. the only excuse a cop needs to unload HIS gun on me. might as well make it harder for him to lie if i don't have a weapon. kinda like that cop who shot a black man running away walter scott I think was the mans name. shot in the back running away because the cop felt threaten by him ( because he was black) and the cop is still waiting to be charged. if that guy had a gun, he'd probably be getting a raise for killing a minority with a gun. guns are for whites bro. they are cool looking for dangers for me to walk around or have in my home.
>>
>>16616668
how about my shoes? what did I ever fucking do to anyone? what? be born brown? with black hair? and that makes not not an american? what about my shoes?
>>
>>16616683
i guess i learned not to sit by the back door of the bus. those racist assholes punched me while getting off the bus.
>>
>>1661584
dude Arizona is cancer hickvillie. like going to Kentucky's rural parts as a black person and being suprised about racism, come on
>>
>>16616795
can't do shit about it, i go to school here. I live here.
>>
>>16615890
They got put in jail you retard.

You and your other english cuck friends gonna keep posting that fucking scandal?
>>
>>16616724
You know, you're being pretty dense.

YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES SUCK.

There are people who hate other people based on skin color and origin. You grew up in an area where there are a lot of these people. There are many other places in America where there are a whole lot less of these people.

Blame the specific people who attacked you, not a race or a country.
>>
>>16617308
>They got put in jail you retard.
5/8 were for 5-10 years, and I'm pretty sure more than 8 were involved in the rape of over a thousand girls.

Truly, England has accepted diversity.
>>
>>16617308
Paki detected.
>>
>>16615812
Spanish anon here. I really think their are always going to be racist people and extremist everywhere but It would be better to guide yourself by visiting countries, for example making interail(that's how we call it in Spain) but yeah it basically a train trip all over Europe, so you get to know all the different cultures and then make your choice. But you should also think of the opportunities that the country offers you.
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.